• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Got an Internet Violation Notice

In summary, Deb says her Facebook link is up, but she does not see what the big deal is because her page is locked to her friends and she does not promote on Facebook. Becky says she is getting into trouble because she has too many CSers on her Facebook friends list and she does not post on Facebook.
chefkathy
Says my link is up on Facebook.

Beware ladies.....

I wrote back to ask where because I don't have my PWS in my profile there. And my security settings are locked down to friends only, so I don't see what the big whoop is.

UGH!!! Mine is locked down to friends too.... could there be an "mole" ??
LOL

SusanBP0129 said:
UGH!!! Mine is locked down to friends too.... could there be an "mole" ??
LOL

That's what I'm thinking.

Hmmmmmmm.....

There is someone from CS who was giving Carolyn a hard time about her fb postings... I've gone through my friends list on FB and reduced the number of CSers that really aren't people I know.

I wish some people would spend a little more time on their businesses and LESS time policing everyone else! Sheesh!

I didn't add anyone from CS for this reason.

I had someone on FB message me and say my postings were illegal blah blah blah. I looked her up and sure enough, she used to be a Director and she's now inactive. Maybe if you spent more time on the phone, you'd still be a Director??

I admit it - I do post things for my sales and fundraisers. But my facebook page is LOCKED to my friends. I will wait until HO says something because I think it's ridiculous that we're not allowed to post online.

The funny thing is, Outward Image just did a big training event on how to maximize using things like Facebook for your business.

PamperedK said:
The funny thing is, Outward Image just did a big training event on how to maximize using things like Facebook for your business.

Belinda Ellsworth is getting into this too in fact her last monthly audio is all focused on "social networking".

I will probably have a violation too and if I do, I probably will just drop facebook. I don't have time to get on it and actually most of the people on there are PC people. And I don't promote, but the words have been used, etc.

Sounds like they are cracking down.

WHAT? I have NEVER seen you use your website on FB. Never! I'm sorry Deb!!

I'm hoping Linda is right and HO is going to make an announcement at NC allowing use of social networking sites. If someone's site is marked private, I don't see why HO should care. It's great they give us the websites, but not allowing facebook (etc) doesn't make sense anymore...especially when PC is such a exciting part of our lives...not being able to share about it is silly. [Sorry, I know we've already beat that horse to the ground here.]

Deb, Sorry someone is causing you trouble. I'm not on FB yet, but I know you are way too professional to post your website.

That's crap, Deb! I'm so sorry. I'm not the mole!! I swear LOL :blushing:

I'm kinda wishing I didn't have so many CSers on my FB friends list too. Besides all you guys, there are only a couple over there that I like corresponding with on FB. I can do without the rest. What if we take someone off of our friends list? Do they get notified? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

On that note.....I'm going in to take off my post about the FR I had the other night. that one REALLY was a stretch to the rules, even though I have my profile marked to private.

So thanks for the heads-up Deb!! Let us know if you get a response back.

Becky, they do not get notified if you 'unfriend' them, they just no longer see you and you might get another friend invitation from them.

I've unfriended a few already!

so that's why I no longer see you....

Oh Debbie, I am so sorry to read this. I am trying SO carefully not to talk about PC on FB at all. I had someone message me to have a bridal shower and I about fainted. I sent her a private message and asked her not to post anything.

ChefLoriG said:
so that's why I no longer see you....

are you talking to me? If I did that to you, I didn't mean to, send me another friend invite....sorry! I got click happy the other day :eek: I deleted someone else too that I didn't mean to..

Do any of you subscribe to The Director's Dish? There was a HUGE discussion about it last week and some of those Directors were kinda crazy with it! I'm not changing anything unless notified.

how do you subscribe to that Debi?

It's a yahoo group. You can search for it then join. It often has some really good info. The moderator does a good job of keeping the "chatter" down.

pamperedlinda said:
are you talking to me? If I did that to you, I didn't mean to, send me another friend invite....sorry! I got click happy the other day :eek: I deleted someone else too that I didn't mean to..

lol, no, I'm not on FB, just thought I'd poke some fun:)

I can't find it - will you send me the link?

I sent them a request to join yesterday. Go to yahoo groups, then it's ALL ONE WORD: TheDirectorsDish

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheDirectorsDish/

thanks Janice - I wasn't typing it as one word.

Okay, I was trying so hard not to post on this subject because most will not like what I am going to write.

I have actually unfriended several Pampered Chef Consultants because of some rather blatant pushes for business. Some Consultants on my team are now friends with me on Facebook. I think I am following the rules and have a hard time explaining to my team why they need to follow the rules when other FB friends are not. So if you do not see me as a FB friend anymore, please know it is not personal. I have to set an example for my team.

Now with that written, I really wish the rules would change. I would love to shoutout to my friends (especially the ones with whom I am reconnecting) what I do for a living.

Also, and this is very important, I have not turned anyone in, nor would I ever consider it.

This is only ONE of the reasons I am not on FB.....the other is that there IS a reason I don't want to be found by people I knew from school 30 years ago!! :p

jwpamp said:
This is only ONE of the reasons I am not on FB.....the other is that there IS a reason I don't want to be found by people I knew from school 30 years ago!! :p

Thanks for the giggle...don't want to be found? Hmmm...

Debi said:
Do any of you subscribe to The Director's Dish? There was a HUGE discussion about it last week and some of those Directors were kinda crazy with it! I'm not changing anything unless notified.

I'm on it Debi... and I'm not changing anything either until I hear otherwise.

Don't smack me... I don't have time right now to go to P & P and read and I know that we cannot post our website but what is your interpretation of the rules as far as talking about our businesses etc online? I thought we couldn't but I am wrong often so help me out ok? I'm asking this in all seriousness because I tell my team not to. The thought of turning anyone in would never be one I have, I just don't want to commit an error myself and Debi got zapped without doing anything wrong so YIKES! Any clarification y'all can give would be SO welcomed! I trust the answers and opinions of each one of you and am so thankful for DCS!

jwpamp said:

I know what you mean. That is why you can decline a friend invitation, thank goodness!! There is a lot of drama that happens at that age and sometimes it is best left back in time!!!

pamperedlinda said:
I can't find it - will you send me the link?
Sure! http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheDirectorsDish/Ooops, didn't see Janice's post before posting this.

jwpamp said:

amen!!:D:D:D

amy07 said:

Y'all are TOO funny! Maybe they want to find you because they need to see how GREAT you turned out!!!!!!! I think that's it... don't be hiding away your success now ok? They might want to be on your team once they find out you are with PC and moving on up in the company!!!!! :candyheart:

I promise it wasn't me! I personally think the whole internet thing w/ PC is ridiculous, and I've just decided that if I get busted, I get busted. I don't advertise on FB, but people ask me about it and I just answer. I kind of just don't care any longer!

So sorry to hear that Deb. Unbelievable. I have seen much more blatent voilation from others than anything I've seen on your. It must be someone who is "mad" at you. All I can say to them is get a life.

I was very picky about who I friended from CS and mostly I just have people who are on here and some in my own cluster up and down my line.

I am so hoping Linda is right and that they allow more leeway but it will be hard for them to do that. You know: Give some people an inch...

FB question: How do you unfriend someone and how do you know they can no longer see you?

bethcooks4u said:
FB question: How do you unfriend someone and how do you know they can no longer see you?

Go to their page and under their picture somewhere on the left is a "Remove from Friends" link.

If you want them to no longer see you, you have to go into your privacy settings and block them.

DebbieJ said:
Go to their page and under their picture somewhere on the left is a "Remove from Friends" link.

If you want them to no longer see you, you have to go into your privacy settings and block them.

So even if I remove them from my friends list they can see me as though they were still friends but I just can't see them? :confused:

bethcooks4u said:
So even if I remove them from my friends list they can see me as though they were still friends but I just can't see them? :confused:

It depends on how you have your security/privacy settings. If you want to make sure they will never see you or anything you post, you should block them.

jwpamp said:
I sent them a request to join yesterday. Go to yahoo groups, then it's ALL ONE WORD: TheDirectorsDish

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheDirectorsDish/

I requested to join but I haven't heard anything and it's been 3 days now. Does anyone know how long this normally takes?

PamperedK said:
I requested to join but I haven't heard anything and it's been 3 days now. Does anyone know how long this normally takes?

Same for me - I requested last week.

I just emailed her and she said something weird happened because she approved my membership last week. I can log in now - maybe try again Linda.

Mine still says that it's awaiting approval...

ChefLoriG said:

You are too much!! Better not get on now...we will make you take the quiz I took this morning..."What kind of psycho b#*ch are you?" I was Courtney Love by the way!! The only thing I would envy about her is her bank account! She has probably spent it all anyway!!

ChefLoriG said:

Hey! You had me worried that I had deleted you as a fb friend! I did delete a bunch of CS'ers (and a couple of people that I really didn't intend to - but, oh well! ) Glad to know that I didn't delete you....I'll get you back one of these days for tricking me though!

Related to Just Got an Internet Violation Notice

1. What is an internet violation notice and why did I receive it?

An internet violation notice is a notification that your link or content has been flagged as inappropriate or against community guidelines. You may have received it because someone reported your link or it was automatically detected by the platform.

2. Why does the violation notice mention my link being on Facebook?

The violation notice may mention Facebook because it is a popular social media platform where your link was reported or detected. However, it is possible that the same violation also occurred on other websites or platforms.

3. I don't see my PWS link on my Facebook profile. Why did I receive the violation notice?

Even if your PWS (Personal Website) link is not visible on your Facebook profile, it may still be shared in private messages or posts. This could have led to the violation notice being sent to you.

4. How can I prevent receiving internet violation notices in the future?

Make sure to review and follow the community guidelines and terms of service for any platform you use. Also, regularly check and adjust your privacy settings to control who can view your content and links.

5. Can I appeal or dispute the violation notice?

Yes, you can usually appeal or dispute a violation notice by following the instructions provided in the notice. However, keep in mind that the platform's decision is final and it is important to understand and comply with their guidelines to avoid future violations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • lacychef