• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Making Strides Walk to Raise Funds for MS - Share with Your Contacts!

if I did that?No, I don't think so. However, if you want to make sure you're not stepping on other people's toes, you might want to contact the person who organized the walk in your area and ask their permission before setting up a fundraiser table.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Has anyone sent out an email or message to your contacts about raising funds via the MS Walk? I'm checking the files here but if you have something and are willing to share it that would be so wonderful!

Weird Diane! I just sent that out to my contacts. You can do it all on the MSABC walk website. I exported my contacts and just sent it!

Woud you mind emailing me how you did it? [email protected] or at least the links to get it done? Thanks!

Well it's taking FOREVER to send the email out. It STILL hasn't sent! My session has been timed out TWICE and now I"m getting frustrated!!

shoot... can you cut and paste what their email said or not?

Hope starts with you and meThis year, hundreds of thousands of people will hear the words "You have breast cancer," and there's a good chance that some of them will be people we know and love. I have chosen to fight back against this disease and help make a difference by participating in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk, and I hope you will join me by making a donation in support of my effort.

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is a noncompetitive walk that takes place in 120 communities across the country. From Arizona to Maine and Washington to Florida, Making Strides walkers unite to honor breast cancer survivors and to educate women about early detection and prevention. And of course, by raising money to support the American Cancer Society fight against breast cancer, we help fund groundbreaking research, public awareness campaigns, efforts to ensure all women have access to mammograms, and free programs and services that improve the quality of life for patients and their families.

I hope you will support my efforts by making a donation using my personal online fundraising page. It's safe and simple. All you have to do is click the link below and follow the few easy steps.

Last year, 450,000 Making Strides participants raised $45 million ... and they did it one donation at a time. So, whether you're able to give $5 or $500, every bit truly does help. Hope starts one dollar at a time. Hope starts with me. And hope can start with you.

Thank you in advance for any support you may be able to offer. The American Cancer Society state fundraising notices can be reviewed at: main.acsevents.org/statefundraisingnotices

Then you have to give a link to your site.

Thanks Cindy for posting this. I chose to send the one out that says join me in walking instead of the solicitation in donating. I did add a blurb that if they can't walk, they can donate. But I still can't get it out! I have a call in to the ACS so hopefully they'll call back soon. :)

I'm assuming you mean the link in the ACS that we are linked to via Pampered Chef???

Yes. I sent mine out yesterday in tiny increments (like a-d, e-h and so on) and I instantly recieved a $100 donation and another $25! I also have 2 people so far walking with me!

I still can't find a walk close enough to me. I am trying to contact the Relay for Life person for my area to see what can be done!!

That is awesome Kristi!!

pampered.chris said:
I still can't find a walk close enough to me. I am trying to contact the Relay for Life person for my area to see what can be done!!

That is awesome Kristi!!

Thanks Chris! Good luck on finding one!

PampMomof3 said:
Thanks Chris! Good luck on finding one!

All of the walks near me are over 2.5 hours or more away. I may just sign up to do the one by my BF's hometown and go to his parents for the weekend and see if he and my daughter and anyone else in his family would like to walk with me!! But being it is so far away, I am not sure that I would be comfortable setting up a fundraiser table, what do you all think?
Would I be "stepping on other PC person's toes?"

1. What is the Making Strides Walk to Raise Funds for MS?

The Making Strides Walk to Raise Funds for MS is an annual fundraising event organized by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society to raise funds and awareness for multiple sclerosis (MS). It is a 3-5 mile walk that brings together communities, families, and friends to support those with MS and their families.

2. How can I join the Making Strides Walk to Raise Funds for MS?

You can join the walk by registering on the official website of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. You can also join an existing team or create your own team to participate in the walk. Registration typically opens a few months before the event, so be sure to keep an eye out for updates.

3. Do I need to pay to join the Making Strides Walk to Raise Funds for MS?

Yes, there is a registration fee to participate in the walk. This fee helps cover the cost of organizing the event and goes towards the fundraising goal. However, there are also opportunities to fundraise and earn incentives such as t-shirts and other merchandise.

4. Can I participate in the Making Strides Walk to Raise Funds for MS if I have limited mobility?

Yes, the walk is designed to be accessible to people of all abilities. There are usually options for shorter routes or accommodations for wheelchairs and other mobility devices. You can also volunteer to help with the event if walking is not an option for you.

5. How can I share the Making Strides Walk to Raise Funds for MS with my contacts?

You can share the event through social media, email, or word of mouth. You can also create a fundraising page and share it with your contacts to encourage them to donate and join the walk. The more people who know about the event, the more successful it will be in raising funds and awareness for MS.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • husbandwifepcteam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies