• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Join Me for the Msabc Walk in October and Make a Difference - Sign Up Now!

In summary, after signing up at NC, the speaker has successfully exported their contact list to the American Cancer Society website. They encountered trouble when sending over 689 contacts at once, but after breaking it up into groups, they received a $100 donation and another $25. The speaker is excited and has sent out email invitations to join their team for the walk. They also share their frustration about the closest walk being a 3 hour drive away and having trouble recruiting team members. However, the team has grown to 11 people and $730 in donations and is currently in the top 10 teams with PC. The speaker also shares their progress with donations and team rankings. They mention a hat they received and their mother's interest in joining the
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hi guys! I signed up at NC and finally sat down to export my contact list over to The American Cancer SOciety website. Well, I had trouble b/c I sent over 689 contacts to the site and my guess is that it was way too many to send at one time. @ Noon today, I sent it out by breaking it up into groups and guess what, I immediately recieved a $100 donation and then just got another $25! I'm so excited! :D

By the way, I sent out the Join my team by walking email instead of soliciting my customers by donating. :) We'll see what happens!

So, are you walking and if so, have you sent your email out yet?:)

Oh, I got my cute hat today so don't forget when you sign up to add your cons. #.

I wanted to lead a team, but our closest walk in TX is in Houston which is a 3 hour or more drive from San Antonio. It was going to be hard enough to recruit other consultants to walk with me, but if we are driving that far we would need a hotel at least one night and I know many of them won't do it. I'm a little po'd about that!

BTW, Congratulations on the immediate response and donations. Many many people do want to help with this campaign.

Now we're up to $800!!! YAY! :D

Seriously, I can't stop watching this! We now have 14 people and up to $875!!

For PC as a whole, we're in 5th place

In our county, as a company we're in 5th place
and as a team, we showed up in the top 10 as place #7!!!

So, who's doing this as well??? :D

Oh, by the way, we're in Brevard Florida and our name is Cookin up a Cure for Cancer!

I got my hat today!!!!!I showed my mom and she said, "If I walk with you, can I get that hat?"

give the lady the hat, Colleen!!!! I am going right now to sign up just based on Kristi's excitement!

BTW~how is Carolyn???? Haven't "seen" her on here in a few days....does she have power??

Thanks guys!! We're up to 18 walkers and $1000.00!! Yes!! That was our original goal but I upped it to $3k!

I'm here and I am ticked about the MSABC sign up -- what am I doing wrong?> It takes me aroundin circles and I cant get signed up! ARGH!!!

Call me Carolyn! I'll help you. What what are you trying to do?

Congrats Colleen on your hat. I love mine and wore it yesterday. Too cute!

Well, I started a team and set a goal. Emailed to my list inviting them to join the team or donate and NO ONE has joined or contributed. I won't be able to walk after all because of my knee issues but was told at NC that we didn't have to physically walk. With the lack of interest I am getting I feel guilty about getting my hat today.

I should have known. I do a fundraiser every May and I get very pitiful results every time. My family doesn't take part at all. (my mother died of cancer, you'd think at least the family would do something - and I do pledge my entire commission even though that makes all promotion of the show out of pocket)

I am doing a fair on Saturday and will have forms with me and wear the hat and my pink HWC shirt and talk it up. I will also offer to contribute $10 in the name of anyone who spends $100 in the next month. I hope that brings in some donations...

I am having a problem getting my contacts entered on their site to email folks! HELP!

Meg, call me!! I'll help you. :)

Beth, don't feel bad. You have a VERY valid excuse of why you're not walking. :)

I know this must sound crazy but we're now up to $1325!! We're tied in 3rd place for TPC right now! :D

pampmomof3 said:
Meg, call me!! I'll help you. :)

Beth, don't feel bad. You have a VERY valid excuse of why you're not walking. :)

I know this must sound crazy but we're now up to $1325!! We're tied in 3rd place for TPC right now! :D

The not walking is not the problem - it's that I'm not getting the donations. :cry:

bethcooks4u said:
The not walking is not the problem - it's that I'm not getting the donations. :cry:

I know. I guess I just didn't finish writing my sentence. :) Not getting donations is okay. It's tough out there right now. we have 18 people on our team right now and only 9 have donations! Only half of our team. So, it's not just you thats having a hard time getting them!! Try going the recruit walkers to your team. That's the route that I took and man, it's paid off for the ACS. I only have $125 in donations so far for myself.

I just want to join a team so I can start raising $!
Kristi, PM me your # and I'll call you tomorrow ...
THANKS!

dannyzmom said:
I just want to join a team so I can start raising $!
Kristi, PM me your # and I'll call you tomorrow ...
THANKS!

SOunds great, I'll do it now.

We're up to $1375!! The donations are rolling in! LOVE IT!:D We're 4th in the top ten companies and 6th in the top ten teams in Brevard. As TPC as a whole we're #3!!!

Alright guys, where are you at? We're now up to $1425!!

Update~ We're now up to $1910!!!

We're now the 6th top event with TPC
3rd in the top 10 teams
and Jana Schmitt is one of our members and she's in 4th place!!!

Here locally,
We're the 4th top team
and 3rd in the top companies!! :)

Can we still sign up for this? And if yes how?

kcont said:
Can we still sign up for this? And if yes how?

Hey Beckie!! Do you still need help signing up for this?

We're up to $2533 now!! :D

Great job Kristi!

Thanks Colleen! I'm so happy with our results so far! Still 2 weeks to go!

Update~The walk is in 2 days and we're up to

$3,050!!
:D:D:D

Our walk is tomorrow and we're now at $3525! My dh can't wait for this walk to be over b/c it's consuming a lot of my time. :rolleyes: It'll be nice to take a breather!

Wow, Kristi, great job!!!! That's so cool.

My team is small and probably not getting many donations. We're at $1435 and I hope a few more donations come in in the next few days. Our walk is Sunday. Have fun at yours!!

pamperedbecky said:
Wow, Kristi, great job!!!! That's so cool.

My team is small and probably not getting many donations. We're at $1435 and I hope a few more donations come in in the next few days. Our walk is Sunday. Have fun at yours!!

Wow Becky! $1435 is great as well! I love that we're rockin out with this. I have a lot to do tonight for ours tomorrow but good luck on Sunday! :D

OUr walk was today and it was VERY successful! I'm really excited to find out our final numbers after people turned stuff in but I know we hit $4000 at least!!

Here's a pic of some of our team!

Attachments

• MSABC 2008.jpg
    MSABC 2008.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 218
  • MSABC 2008.jpg
    MSABC 2008.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 203
Great job Kristi!

Very cute! So did you get any leads?

I got 2 bookings for NOvember and have their numbers to call and LOTS of people who stopped by and of course directed them to my website to order or contact me for pink stuff.

I'll see in 30 minutes when I get an online activity email!

Which one is you?

I love the shirts with the big pink ribbon.

Great job Kristi!! Were those tshirts the ones for sale AT the walk?

How did you get the leads? THat's a great idea to bring some cards to pass out. Of course, my whole team IS consultants, but who knows who else we'll meet!

pamperedlinda said:
Which one is you?

I love the shirts with the big pink ribbon.

I'm the one on the far right with the pink TPC shirt on and my 2 boys are in front of me and Lauren is up front right in front of Matthew (the osh kosh shirt).

pamperedbecky said:
Great job Kristi!! Were those tshirts the ones for sale AT the walk?

How did you get the leads? THat's a great idea to bring some cards to pass out. Of course, my whole team IS consultants, but who knows who else we'll meet!

You received those shirts if you had $100 or more in donations which I did but I was torn whether to wear that or my PC shirt. I stuck with PC to get our name out there a little more! :)

Thanks guys! I really can't wait until they have all the donations up on the page updated. ;) When is your walk Becky and Deb?

Well I just got an online activity email with one order totaling $128!

She got:
Item
5415 Simple Additions® Squares
4467 Simple Additions® Pink Bowls
5414 Simple Additions® Cups

Total: $128.00

How cool, Kristi!!!!

Hmmm, I wonder if all locations are doing it that way. I've had personally over $700 in donations and haven't heard anything about a t-shirt. Bummer because I want one!!

My walk is tomorrow and Deb's is too, but we're at different locations.:)

Kristi, do you know if our MSABC websites will still accept donations after the walk? I tried asking our local office here and she didn't seem to know for sure. What I'm doing from my fundraiser/budget-friendly workshop show on the 27th is donating all of my commission and I wanted to put it in as a donation through my MSABC website. I still want it to count for our team, but I don't know if there's a cut off.

pamperedbecky said:
How cool, Kristi!!!!

Hmmm, I wonder if all locations are doing it that way. I've had personally over $700 in donations and haven't heard anything about a t-shirt. Bummer because I want one!!

My walk is tomorrow and Deb's is too, but we're at different locations.:)

Kristi, do you know if our MSABC websites will still accept donations after the walk? I tried asking our local office here and she didn't seem to know for sure. What I'm doing from my fundraiser/budget-friendly workshop show on the 27th is donating all of my commission and I wanted to put it in as a donation through my MSABC website. I still want it to count for our team, but I don't know if there's a cut off.

yes, you can still turn them in. I know ours is collecting until 12/31 but I'm not sure if that's just in general or if it can be applied to a team.

Good Luck Tomorrow and CONGRATS on $700!! If you were here (if it's not all around) you should get a fleece blanket over $500 and a jacket if you reach $1000. The gifts get sent after the walk.

1. Can anyone join the Msabc Walk in October?

Yes, anyone can join the Msabc Walk in October! It is open to individuals, families, friends, and teams.

2. How do I sign up for the Msabc Walk?

You can sign up by visiting the American Cancer Society website and clicking on the "Join Now" button. You will be prompted to create an account and then you can register for the walk.

3. Is there a registration fee for the walk?

Yes, there is a registration fee of $25 for adults and $10 for children. This fee helps cover the cost of organizing and hosting the event.

4. Can I fundraise for the walk even if I am unable to attend?

Yes, you can still fundraise for the walk even if you are unable to attend. You can create a personal fundraising page and share it with your friends and family to collect donations.

5. Will there be any prizes for top fundraisers?

Yes, there will be prizes for the top fundraisers, including a Pampered Chef hat for those who raise over a certain amount. Check with your local event organizers for specific prize details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • stefani2
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies