• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jamaican Jerk Salmon in the Dcb

In summary, the conversation is about the idea of making easy one-pot meals, specifically using salmon and vegetables. The speaker shares their recipe for Jamaican Jerk Salmon, which they prepared for lunch and enjoyed. They also provide some tips and adaptations for the recipe, and suggest serving it with a side dish like rice pilaf. The conversation ends with an invitation for others to try the recipe and share their thoughts.
Dotty
Gold Member
As I am in the process of editing more recipes for the DCB, I was inspired today with the idea of making easy one-pot meals. I had some salmon thawing (purchased a large bag of 4oz salmon cuts from Sam's frozen dept) and did some digging through my cupboards for some veggies to go with it. Here is what I came up with:Ingredients:
2 4oz salmon steaks
3 tbsp Jamaican Jerk Rub (separated)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can spinach (wring out moisture if you can)
1 can artichoke hearts packed in water, drainedInstructions:Dry 2 salmon steaks and arrange in baker at opposite ends. Combine 2 tbsp Jamaican Jerk Rub and olive oil in a 1 cup prep bowl. Spread on all sides of salmon using silicone brush, the mixture should be like a paste, add rub or oil as needed.
Drain spinach and artichoke hearts. Place each in baker, between salmon steaks. Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp Jamaican Jerk rub on vegetables.
Cover and microwave for 10 min, or until fish reaches 140 deg F. This was my lunch today. It came out great, prepared as described.

That sounds great! I've already got some salmon in the freezer, so I might have to give that a try.

Thanks for the great idea!

I did not add any water. I did not remove the skin from the salmon, but you could do that if you wanted to. I did not use any additional seasonings. I used a 2.5 quart baker. I will make this again. It is very tasty. I am not sure what I would do for a side dish, but I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. I think a nice rice pilaf would be good, but I did not have any on hand. I would have preferred to use fresh spinach, but I did not have any. I think this would be a great recipe to use when you have unexpected company coming for dinner. It is very easy to put together, and it is delicious. I hope you will give this a try, and let me know what you think.Happy Cooking!Recipe adapted from: http://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Main+Dishes/Seafood/Jamaican+Jerk+Salmon/1042481

Related to Jamaican Jerk Salmon in the Dcb

What is Jamaican Jerk Salmon in the DCB?

Jamaican Jerk Salmon in the DCB is a delicious and easy recipe that combines the flavors of Jamaican jerk seasoning with salmon cooked in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef.

What ingredients do I need to make Jamaican Jerk Salmon in the DCB?

The ingredients for this recipe include salmon fillets, Jamaican jerk seasoning, olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper. You may also want to add some fresh herbs or vegetables for added flavor and nutrition.

How do I cook Jamaican Jerk Salmon in the DCB?

To cook Jamaican Jerk Salmon in the DCB, preheat your oven to 375°F. Mix together the jerk seasoning, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place the salmon fillets in the DCB and spread the seasoning mixture evenly over the top. Cover the DCB and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.

Can I use a different type of fish for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of fish that you prefer for this recipe. However, salmon is a popular choice because it has a strong flavor that pairs well with the Jamaican jerk seasoning.

What is the nutritional information for Jamaican Jerk Salmon in the DCB?

The nutritional information for this recipe will vary depending on the specific ingredients and amounts used. However, salmon is a great source of protein and healthy fats, and the added seasoning and vegetables can provide additional nutrients. You can use a nutrition calculator or consult with a registered dietitian for more specific information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pcchris