• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Official- We Are Moving !!

In summary, Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock's movie "The Lake House" is confusing and makes no sense.
mrssyvo
We have been wanting to move to our "lake house" full time for about 9 months now, and was just waiting for DH to find a job in the area, HE did it!!!!! He starts March 3rd, and so now we are in the process of moving our lives. Luckily, we are empty nesters, so do not have to worry about moving schools. I have a small customer base there, but will really have to increase that, and also deal with my BIG customer base here. I have 2 shows still on the books here, and LOTS of potentials, just trying to set dates. I think my plan is to schedule the potentials in clusters, and hopefully our home here will still be on the market so I can stay here until finished. It is only sbout 1 1/2 hours away, so I can come back and forth to do shows, but I would rather not. I have a recruit South o fme that I will be passing customers to, as well as a hospitality cluster mate who is established to take those too far from my recruit. I would also like to sign another 1 or 2 in this area to handle the rest of my book. Do any of you have experience in this situation. I have been in PC over 2 years, and have a lot of good customers I do not want to leave, but I do not want to keep running back to do shows, I would rather concentrate on my new area.

Congrats on your big move!! So exciting!

It is turning into a headache- Trying to decide what to move from here, what to sell, what to donate, and I will have to do the same at the weekend house, AND keep my office functioning here, in the midst of it.

Last edited:
I can sympathize. We moved from apt to house in July, however, the apt was just down the street!! You have a daunting task ahead. Best WIshes.

There are some great CDs about moving your business...I think one is Move it don't lose it and I think Morfia has done that one or another.Ask you upline if they have a copy...

Good luck with your move! Sounds exciting & daunting all at the same time! I can't imagine moving, although my dream is to live on a lake!! Anyways, good luck & congrats!!

I have the Move it, Don't lose it- and it is a good cd, but concentrates on building your business in your new place. I am looking for advice on what I am leaving behind.

I have not moved my business, but I did receive customers from someone who did. I think you know your own customers best. I would find out if they want to be passed along to a new consultant or if they still want to have you be their long distance consultant. I received some bitter customers, that didn't even know me, but were upset that they had no say in who they were being switched to. Some of them were fine and were happy to have a close consultant and the others wished they had the same one or were able to find their own new consultant.
I can say it is hard to build a relationship with people that have this negative feeling in the beginning.
Just my 2 cents.
Good luck with you move, sounds like it will be great when you get settled.

mrssyvo said:
We have been wanting to move to our "lake house" full time for about 9 months now, and was just waiting for DH to find a job in the area, HE did it!!!!!

Wow, this is my first hijack! But, this post, especially with the quotes, made me think of the Keanu Reeves/Sandra Bullock movie. And, since it's central story line unfolds on Valentine's Day, I couldn't help but post. Has anyone else seen this movie? I swear, I have watched some or all of this movie about 5 times (on HBO) and it is confusing as he&&!! I know with all movies, especially romances!, you have to suspend belief and logic, but this one perplexes me like nothing else. I "get" that they're talking over a time gap, or whatever. But, trying to make sense of things just gives me a headache. The dog was especially confusing, and some other parts. My BF was visiting the first time it was on, and we caught about the last half, so I have been threatening her that I am going to record it and make her watch it to see if it makes a bit of sense to her.

Okay, enough of that rant. Don't get me wrong, I like the movie, and LOVE the chemistry between Keanu & Sandra, but this movie is hard to follow and make sense of. I think it's one you just have to sit back and enjoy the scenery. BTW, Keanu had a new scar (at least to me) above his lip in this movie. I don't remember seeing it before. I don't watch all his movies (actually have only seen a few), but I do enjoy his "body" of work!!! lol

Thanks for letting me go off-topic, and congratulations on the move, and best of luck with all issues!

Tammy

It is a confusing movie- You have to watch it, and not rationalize it. Hubby loved it because it was "sci-fi-ish" and Sandra Bullock was in it. I loved it for the love story, so it was good for both of us, although, it was tough on me watching it, because as I was watching it, I kept thinking, "but that could never happen" The next time I watched it (maybe it was the wine I had) but I watched it just for the story, and not thinking about it, and enjoyed it much more.

good luck with your move! Many happy memories to create in your new home!!

Related to It's Official- We Are Moving !!

What are some tips for packing up my kitchen before a move?

1. Start early: Begin packing non-essential items a few weeks before your move date to avoid last-minute stress.2. Declutter: Use this opportunity to go through your kitchen and get rid of any items you no longer use or need.3. Pack strategically: Use sturdy boxes and pack heavier items on the bottom with lighter items on top. Wrap breakable items in bubble wrap or newspaper.4. Label boxes: Clearly label boxes with the contents and which room they belong in for easy unpacking.5. Pack essentials separately: Make sure to pack a separate box or bag with essential kitchen items you will need immediately in your new home, such as plates, utensils, and a few pots and pans.

What are some must-have kitchen tools for a new home?

1. Chef's knife: A high-quality, versatile knife for all your cutting needs.2. Cutting board: Look for a durable cutting board that won't dull your knives.3. Measuring cups and spoons: Essential for accurate cooking and baking.4. Mixing bowls: Choose a set of mixing bowls in different sizes for various cooking and baking tasks.5. Non-stick cookware set: A set of non-stick pots and pans will make cooking and cleaning easier in your new kitchen.

How can I keep my kitchen organized in my new home?

1. Use drawer dividers: Keep utensils and other small items organized in your kitchen drawers with dividers.2. Install shelf risers: Double your cabinet space by using shelf risers to stack dishes and other items.3. Utilize wall space: Hang pots, pans, and utensils on the wall to free up cabinet space.4. Label pantry items: Use clear containers and label them to easily find and access pantry items.5. Clean as you go: Make a habit of cleaning and organizing as you cook to avoid a cluttered and messy kitchen.

What are some ways to pack fragile kitchen items for a move?

1. Use bubble wrap: Wrap delicate items in bubble wrap to protect them during transportation.2. Utilize towels and linens: Use towels, dishcloths, and linens to wrap and cushion breakable items.3. Pack plates vertically: Place plates on their sides in a box to prevent them from breaking.4. Fill empty spaces: Use packing paper or newspaper to fill any empty spaces in boxes to prevent items from shifting.5. Label boxes as fragile: Clearly label boxes containing fragile items so movers know to handle them with care.

What are some quick and easy meal ideas for busy moving days?

1. Sandwiches: Make a variety of sandwiches with deli meats, cheese, and veggies for a quick and easy meal.2. Pasta: Boil some pasta and top it with your favorite sauce for a filling meal.3. Stir-fry: Cook up some frozen vegetables with protein and rice for a simple stir-fry.4. Slow cooker meals: Utilize your slow cooker to make a hearty and easy meal while you're busy packing and moving.5. Takeout: Don't be afraid to order takeout or pick up some pre-made meals from the grocery store to save time and energy during a busy moving day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andi330
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lani
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kokonut
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies