• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Been Raining All Week and We Finally Had a Nice Sunny Day Today.

In summary, the person got a sunburn from swimming in the pool and it is causing a lot of pain. The person recommends using a topical steroid cream and avoiding the sun for the pain to lessen. The person also recommends using a cream called Burn Cream which is available over the phone.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
It's been raining all week and we finally had a nice sunny day today. So I went out to the pool and laid out while the kids swam from about 11-1 (yes, the HOTTEST time of day when the sun is at its most dangerous levels)...and I was so busy going over last year's conference notes and watching the kids...and I was so consumed with making sure THEY were well-sunscreened...that I totally forgot to sunscreen myself. My whole front is fried...to the point where I can't even comfortably wear a bra :( Now...I am hoping and praying this burn settles down before I fly out Sunday...I REALLY don't want to be sitting through conference all uncomfortable next week :(

Find yourself some Cortizone spray!! The topical steroid will help reduce the inflammation of the burns faster than without treatment.

Good luck!!

Good idea...hey, ya'll wanna know how to recognize me at conference this week? Follow your noses - I'll be the one who reeks of Solarcaine spray!! haha!

dannyzmom said:
Good idea...hey, ya'll wanna know how to recognize me at conference this week? Follow your noses - I'll be the one who reeks of Solarcaine spray!! haha!

If you know anyone in the medical business there is a burn cream called Silverdene (sp?) You need a script for it, but it works GREAT! I've worked & cooked in restaurants all my life & we have always used it. Also maybe give Noxema a try, It feels good FAST!:D also does not smell bad;) ;) but I'm sure once you leave for confrence you will INSTANTLY forget about it...;) ;)

I had to use that silver stuff once many years ago when I got a really bad 2nd degree burn working in a bakery. Worked good.

I use Benadryl cream when the itching of the sun burn starts. That helps me.

I discovered the benefits of the Cortaid spray last June when my whole family went to Disney World. I was taking levofloxacin at the time and it said it caused sun sensitivity, but I had NO idea just HOW sensitive I'd be. Within less than 4 hours, even WITH something like 30 SPF sunblock, I had a blistering sunburn. By using the steroid spray and an after sun lotion by Nutrogena, my skin was back to almost normal within 3 days. Yes, 3 days. I didn't even peel!:)

Now I make sure to have the combo on hand for the summer. We're pasty, alabaster, pale white in my family, and we all burn quickly. With the help of my newfound combo, minor sunburns heal overnight! The redness is still there, but significantly lessened, and the horrid pain and tightness doesn't happen. :)

I swear by Aquaphor. I am notorious for grabbing the stinkin' rack and burning my hands or fingers. :eek: Takes the heat right out of your owwie! :p

Dumb dumb dumbThere's a product from Watkins called Burn Cream . You can call the 1800 number for someone who sells it locally. I got rid of chicken pox in three days with this cream.
Another alternative is to dip a tea bag in warm water and put the tea bag all over your sun burn , the acid in the tea bag does something to heal the sun burn. Done this many a time.:( :( :(

I almost made the same mistake today! I haven't been in the sun for a few weeks and really wanted to get a little color today. I floated in our pool for about an hour. I was a little upset at first that was all the time I had, but I'm glad now. I got a little red! Luckily not as burnt as you. I'll be at conference this week myself and would hate to have the pain of a sunburn! From what everyone says the rooms are already hot, let alone having heat from your burn! I hope you get better before you leave. I know I'm staying out of the sun tomorrow! I won't leave until Monday morning since I'm only a 3 hour drive from Chicago.

Related to It's Been Raining All Week and We Finally Had a Nice Sunny Day Today.

What are some easy recipes to make on a sunny day?

Some easy recipes to make on a sunny day include grilled vegetables, salads, and fruit kabobs.

Can I use my Pampered Chef products outside?

Yes, many of our products are designed to be used both indoors and outdoors, so feel free to take them outside on a nice sunny day!

What products are best for grilling on a sunny day?

Our Grill Pan and BBQ Grill Basket are perfect for grilling on a sunny day. They are designed to cook food evenly and prevent it from falling through the grates.

Do you have any refreshing drink recipes for a hot sunny day?

Absolutely! Our Infusion Water Bottle is great for making refreshing fruit-infused water. You can also use our Quick-Stir® Pitcher to make iced tea or lemonade.

How can I protect my food from bugs and insects during a sunny outdoor picnic?

Our Food Tent Set is the perfect solution for protecting your food from bugs and insects during a sunny outdoor picnic. They are collapsible, easy to store, and come in various sizes to fit different types of food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pamperedmom24
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies