• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Issues With Marketplace Sellers

In summary, the person has had two negative experiences with sellers on the marketplace. One seller did not send the product cards and another did not send everything that was purchased. Both sellers have been on the site since the PMs were sent. The person is unsure of what to do and wonders if there is a place to leave seller feedback. Other members share their positive experiences on the marketplace and suggest contacting the sellers again before taking any drastic actions. The person paid with PayPal but chose to withdraw directly from their bank account, making it difficult to file a dispute. They also mention being part of a couponing trade website where they have a system for rating traders and express their hope of being able to post a buyer beware for these particular sellers.
LoriLions
:(I have placed orders from two separate people using this marketplace. The first person didn't send the product cards so I PMed her on Friday and she still hasn't responded.

The second person did not send everything that I purchased. I PMed her on Saturday and she hasn't responded. As soon as I posted this, the seller contacted me asking for my address.

Both sellers have been on this site since I sent the PMs.

What should I do? Both are still trying to sell their products and I don't want anyone else to be misled or taken advantage of... Do we have a place where we can leave seller feedback? :(

Last edited:
:( Sorry you've not had good experiences. I have bought a few items from our marketplace with no problems and I have sold a few items with no real problems.

The one time I had a problem it was on my end. I was shipping something to an APO which meant not only more forms but I could not use the automated post office machine. My crazy work schedule makes it difficult sometimes to get to the post office during counter hours. I let the person who bought the items know what the delay was and apologized. (The delay was about a week, but I still felt bad that it took me an extra week to get it out.)

If you paid via paypal you can do a dispute on the payment.I view our marketplace as a "buyer beware" type of a situation. It's not like ebay or amazon where you can rate a seller or buyer. I have bought and sold several items and have only had one issue. I bought some lapboards which weren't packaged well and some arrived damaged and I was missing one! I did notify the seller but honestly what else could I have done? It was a mistake (an easy one to make) but I learned a lesson and make sure that when I send items that they are packaged very well!

I'm so sorry you are having troubles from buying off the marketplace. I just bought from 2 different people and received my items today and am thrilled with them. I have bought items previously without any glitches. Hopefully, this will all smooth out for you real soon.

Well.... keep in mind that LIFE happens... We all get busy and well...sometimes ya just can't make it to the Post Office... get the package prepped ... or find time to check Chef Success for messages. Most everyone on this sight is here to gain knowledge and share knowledge ... as well as HELP each other out. It really could be a misunderstanding?? Before you do anything drastic... give it a bit of time... I think it is totally appropriate for you to continue trying to contact them...
GOOD LUCK!!

Lori, sorry to hear this happened! I have had nothing but good transactions here on Chef Success. Wow. And you have had two iffy ones. I hope these people come through for you in the end! Keep us posted.

wadesgirl said:
If you paid via paypal you can do a dispute on the payment.

I view our marketplace as a "buyer beware" type of a situation. It's not like ebay or amazon where you can rate a seller or buyer. I have bought and sold several items and have only had one issue. I bought some lapboards which weren't packaged well and some arrived damaged and I was missing one! I did notify the seller but honestly what else could I have done? It was a mistake (an easy one to make) but I learned a lesson and make sure that when I send items that they are packaged very well!

I paid with PayPal but chose the option to withdraw directly from my bank account since I didn't want the seller to pay a fee. I really don't think I can file a dispute.

However, I belong to a couponing trade website and we have a sticky that we say yeah or nay with the trader. I have seen people communicating with the sellers (that I'm concerned about) that I haven't had the best results with so I was hoping to post a buyers beware. Yes, I understand that life happens. But when the seller posts everyday and never acknowledges your PM, I consider that a Buyer's Beware.

LoriLions said:
I paid with PayPal but chose the option to withdraw directly from my bank account since I didn't want the seller to pay a fee. I really don't think I can file a dispute.

However, I belong to a couponing trade website and we have a sticky that we say yeah or nay with the trader. I have seen people communicating with the sellers (that I'm concerned about) that I haven't had the best results with so I was hoping to post a buyers beware. Yes, I understand that life happens. But when the seller posts everyday and never acknowledges your PM, I consider that a Buyer's Beware.

I believe you can make a dispute no matter which way you pay.

My only problem has been my own. I sold some catalogs when I first got on the site and made the mistake of listening to the consultant tell me how desperately she needed them and sent them without payment.....which I never got. Learned my lesson. Don't mail until paid. I have always gotten whatever I purchased though. Sorry you have had problems.

I haven't had any problems buying here. It does take time to complete transactions because you never know when someone will be on here to send or receive a message. If I am away from my computer I still get on here with my phone, but I can't see everything well, so I don't try to check or send messages.

Life happens and things don't always go as we plan...there are weeks I don't leave my house so I can't go to the post office...and there are times I am so busy I can't get on the computer. Hope you get it straightened out.

I have purchased 3 or 4 times and have had great experiences. HOWEVER, I, personally, rarely check the top box here for private notices. Can you locate their emails--that may be more visible to some people.

wadesgirl said:
I believe you can make a dispute no matter which way you pay.

You can... I made a rather large purchase from some one on here, paid and the money was debited from my account. After not recieving any of the items or hearing from the person after numnerous emails I filed a dispute... and got my money back.

I will probably never purchase anything from on here again.

I'm about to make a good sized purchase on here from someone that has posted recently. Would anyone care to share with me privately who your bad experiences were with?

Aw, that's too bad! :( You'd hope that people here would honor their commitments, especially a paid transaction!! Sorry you guys had bad experiences. I've bought things from others 3 times and all 3 went well. (well, except one thing...the person I bought lap boards from had pets and didn't disclose that. I found cat or dog hair all over them and had to spend a lot of time cleaning them. But, they were cheaper than buying from Merrill, so to me it was still worth it. ;) )

Have not done too many transactions here, but have had all good results w/other cheffers. The only thing that happened was paypal charged me a fee and I had never had that happened before. As I continue using this resource I may decide to add $2 more to anything I sell due to this fee. Does anyone else do this?
As for me being the seller, I hope this has not happened to anyone that I have mailed items to. I pack as securely as I can and have also added insurance to packages that may be somewhat delicate.

I've purchased from 3 different people, and I've had no trouble.

I've also sold items - shocker...they were BAGS - and get to the post office same day or next day after receiving payment.

Sorry you haven't had a great experience :(

babywings76 said:
Aw, that's too bad! :( You'd hope that people here would honor their commitments, especially a paid transaction!! Sorry you guys had bad experiences. I've bought things from others 3 times and all 3 went well. (well, except one thing...the person I bought lap boards from had pets and didn't disclose that. I found cat or dog hair all over them and had to spend a lot of time cleaning them. But, they were cheaper than buying from Merrill, so to me it was still worth it. ;) )

Thanks a good reminder! Sometimes I forget about that.

I would say that you should send them another note stating that if you don't get a response you will post their user name as a warning to others. I would be kind though even if you post their name as you don't know what is going on in their life and it could be a completely innocent thing.

One was me. I accidentally dropped a seasoning and didn't get shipped. I did reply to her and have it going out at my cost. I do not want these items in my home that is why I am selling not to rip anyone off. I thought she may come on and say good news one replied but didn't so I did. I have sold and bought many items on here and there are occasional mix ups but everyone has always made things right as I have.

trps, I did update the post when you contacted me.

"Last edited by LoriLions; 03-20-2012 at 12:09 AM.. Reason: The second person just PMed me and has promised to send the item; still no response from the first person"

I will continue to update the post when I receive the item.

trps said:
One was me. I accidentally dropped a seasoning and didn't get shipped. I did reply to her and have it going out at my cost. I do not want these items in my home that is why I am selling not to rip anyone off. I thought she may come on and say good news one replied but didn't so I did. I have sold and bought many items on here and there are occasional mix ups but everyone has always made things right as I have.

I'm just now selling some items for the 1st time ever so rest assured the problem is not with me!!:chef:

I've only bought something from here once and she was awesome even though she had to do some extra paperwork because I have an APO address.

What is the return policy for items purchased from marketplace sellers?

The return policy for items purchased from marketplace sellers may vary. It is best to check with the specific seller for their return policy. However, most sellers will offer a return period of 30 days from the date of purchase.

How can I ensure the quality of products from marketplace sellers?

Pampered Chef thoroughly vets and verifies all marketplace sellers before allowing them to sell on our platform. Additionally, we have a rating and review system in place for customers to leave feedback on their experience with a seller.

What should I do if I have an issue with a marketplace seller?

If you have an issue with a marketplace seller, we recommend reaching out to them directly to try and resolve the issue. If the seller is unresponsive or the issue cannot be resolved, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Do marketplace sellers offer the same warranties as Pampered Chef products?

No, marketplace sellers are not able to offer the same warranties as Pampered Chef products. However, they may offer their own warranty or guarantee for their items. It is important to check with the seller for their specific warranty information.

Are marketplace sellers responsible for shipping and handling fees?

Yes, marketplace sellers are responsible for their own shipping and handling fees. These fees may vary depending on the seller's location and the shipping method chosen. Please check with the seller for their specific shipping and handling fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef_kimmo
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • jchesley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Carissidy
  • chefkathy