• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Your Fed Ex Delivery Service Up to Par?

V
vwpamperedchef
Well, not to stir the pot again, but I had a show delivered here today. Of course my Fed Ex guy is one who drops the boxes as quick as possible, rings the bell and runs off.

Not today---I was home.

So I hear the truck pull up, and I open my front door so he can put them on my floor. Wouldn't you know, I have two boxes ($700 show) one box is at least 30lbs, the other maybe 20lbs. He stacks one box on top of the other. As if that isn't bad enough, he is talking on his CELL PHONE and his neck is cranked to the side holding the cell phone and he is carrying my two boxes to the front porch.

Of course, when he gets to the two steps on my porch he can barely hold his grip and YOU GUESSED IT, the top box ROLLS off the bottom box onto my porch and all he can say is OOPS. Picks it up and puts it on top again and walks away......STILL CARRYING ON HIS CONVERSATION.

I was kinda appalled, and as I was sorting the boxes for my host, I became more MIFFED about it.

SO I decided to call Fed Ex (1-800-463-3339). The lady I spoke to was very concerned and polite to me. Thank goodness! She documented everything and basically I said because I have shows delivered here and personal supply orders occasionally, its a concern. Besides that, I don't even know if I get the same guy everytime or not, because he drops and runs.

I told her I work for the BEST company and even if something arrived damaged PC would replace it and I would hope this guy doesn't drop my future packages on purpose. (you know like revenge). :cool:

Anyway I am glad I made the call and if you have issues with Fed Ex, CALL the 1-800 number. She thanked me for bringing it to their attention.

Just yesterday, my Fedex guy pulled up in front of my house (I was outside watering the garden), went back to the back of his truck moved boxes, looking for something (I'm guessing my shippment) Then popped his head out and yelled "I'll be right back". Got into his truck and drove off. He came back about 15minutes later, got out, got my boxes and walked up to me sorta laughing saying "I admit it, I delivered these to the wrong house"

Geeze..........

cwinter474 said:
Just yesterday, my Fedex guy pulled up in front of my house (I was outside watering the garden), went back to the back of his truck moved boxes, looking for something (I'm guessing my shippment) Then popped his head out and yelled "I'll be right back". Got into his truck and drove off. He came back about 15minutes later, got out, got my boxes and walked up to me sorta laughing saying "I admit it, I delivered these to the wrong house"

Geeze..........

That happened to me awhile ago---when we lived in an apt. About 1 1/2 years ago, we lived at 3103 Bridge Ave, but it was delivered to 3013 Bridge Ave. Can you imagine? Thank goodness our phone number is on the packages because the honest home owner called me and I went to pick it up! I thanked her with a mini catalog and some spices. ;)

Was anything broken?

No thankfully.

Yesterday, My catalog show that I had delivered here, was left in the rain all afternoon. So after i get home, i got the boxes inside where the bottom of the box dropped onto my floor. Thank goodness it wasnt the round stone in that one! i was not a HAPPY CAMPER!

My FedEx driver is an idiot. He drives WAY too fast and has COME IN MY HOUSE w/o invitation before. I was home when he was delivering PC and I was walking out onto the porch to get the boxes as he set them down, it was a $1200+ party and had over 7 boxes, I hadn't said a word to him, nor he to I. As I was setting them in my house, I turned around to him coming in my door!! I said WHOA!! He said I thought I would help. I said I think you should have asked if it was okay first and it is not. Please leave the packages on the porch and I will take care of them.
I was NOT impressed!! I am a single mom and do not want strangers just walking in my house!!

I too miss the guy in brown. They were always careful with our boxes and polite.

Great you called Fed Ex--Also remember to report that to our HO-as well----My Fed-Ex guy is awesome--Comes in for coffee---He is so nice-Always offers to bring them in!!!Today I had a different one--I was on the wii fit--Told him--he was funny--Then he came back---I told him you almost made me fall off the mountain--skiing---He roflolAll in all Fed-Ex has less broken in our boxes----

I miss the UPS guys too sometimes. A lot of times, some strange car or van shows up, unmarked and some less-than-professionally appearing, (yet most are nice - although I don't think I've ever had the same guy twice) person, (no name-tag or uniform) proceeds to deliver my package, which usually has the fedex label on them. I'm totally psyched about the delivery time - like 2 days from Ill to NE PA as opposed to 4 - except that my sample package was supposed to be delivered yesterday, was on the truck at 7 am, and @ 9 am there was a delivery exception with a request to deliver in the future (I figured today), yet at 4 pm yesterday, it said to be delivered the next business day! Now I have to wait until Tuesday, and it's killing me! What delivery exception?! IT WAS ON THE DARN TRUCK!!! (sorry, just dying to see the new stuff - just reactivated LOL)

MORFIA said:
Great you called Fed Ex--Also remember to report that to our HO-as well----

My Fed-Ex guy is awesome--Comes in for coffee---He is so nice-Always offers to bring them in!!!

Today I had a different one--I was on the wii fit--Told him--he was funny--

Then he came back---I told him you almost made me fall off the mountain--skiing---He roflol

All in all Fed-Ex has less broken in our boxes----

I,too, have an awesome Fed Ex guy! His name is Rodney - the other day he was delivering my bamboo bowl in the pouring down rain - saw my van outside and waited until I got to the door so my package wouldn't get wet. How sweet is that? I can't complain - he does an awesome job and always has a smile on his face while doing it!

pampered.chris said:
My FedEx driver is an idiot. He drives WAY too fast and has COME IN MY HOUSE w/o invitation before. I was home when he was delivering PC and I was walking out onto the porch to get the boxes as he set them down, it was a $1200+ party and had over 7 boxes, I hadn't said a word to him, nor he to I. As I was setting them in my house, I turned around to him coming in my door!! I said WHOA!! He said I thought I would help. I said I think you should have asked if it was okay first and it is not. Please leave the packages on the porch and I will take care of them.
I was NOT impressed!! I am a single mom and do not want strangers just walking in my house!!

This is one where I would have complained!!!

vwpamperedchef said:
Well, not to stir the pot again, but I had a show delivered here today. Of course my Fed Ex guy is one who drops the boxes as quick as possible, rings the bell and runs off.

not to be a contrarian, but this is all they are required to do. They do not need our signature, so they just leave the boxes and go.

I have met my guy, he's nice and all. But mostly I'm yelling thank you as he is walking down my driveway. No biggie.

I just wish they would ring the door bell at least. I have to keep checking my porch every so often, and I have a big porch, they always just leave in bearly on the porch, everytime it rains, they get soaked! So chance of rain? chance of delivery, we stay home.

DebbieJ said:
not to be a contrarian, but this is all they are required to do. They do not need our signature, so they just leave the boxes and go.

I have met my guy, he's nice and all. But mostly I'm yelling thank you as he is walking down my driveway. No biggie.

While I agree with you, yesterdays delivery was not so. And if that is how he handles my packages when I AM HOME, how does he handle them when I am not. I have been home and not been able to open the door, but have SEEN him push the packages from one end of my porch to my door.

A little customer service wouldn't hurt, would it?

I am not asking for him to come in, sit down, and relax. I am asking for him to have some consideration!!

We have a little teeny porch off the driveway that opens to a very large closed in porch.
They were always leaving the boxes on the teeny porch so I put up a sign asking them to leave them inside the porch. No problems since.Might want to try that if the weather is an issue for you.
("Please leave all packages next to the house to avoid weather damage", etc)

redsoxgirl said:
We have a little teeny porch off the driveway that opens to a very large closed in porch.
They were always leaving the boxes on the teeny porch so I put up a sign asking them to leave them inside the porch. No problems since.

Might want to try that if the weather is an issue for you.
("Please leave all packages next to the house to avoid weather damage", etc)

That won't always work. I put up a big sign on my front door, "Deliveries to side door, please" with an arrow pointing to the side door (which is 20 feet away, also accessible from the driveway). The FedEx employee(s) still continued to put things on the porch until DH happened to be home and outside one day, and spoke to that day's driver. Although I've started getting things left on the front porch again (we don't use the front door, and have had things out there for days).

hope this helps Your driver has no access to your packages until he-she is pulling them off there trucks=and chucking them at the door--(lol)Someone else loads them-----

vwpamperedchef said:

Not today---I was home.

So I hear the truck pull up, and I open my front door so he can put them on my floor. Wouldn't you know, I have two boxes ($700 show) one box is at least 30lbs, the other maybe 20lbs. He stacks one box on top of the other. As if that isn't bad enough, he is talking on his CELL PHONE and his neck is cranked to the side holding the cell phone and he is carrying my two boxes to the front porch.

Of course, when he gets to the two steps on my porch he can barely hold his grip and YOU GUESSED IT, the top box ROLLS off the bottom box onto my porch and all he can say is OOPS. Picks it up and puts it on top again and walks away......STILL CARRYING ON HIS CONVERSATION.

I was kinda appalled, and as I was sorting the boxes for my host, I became more MIFFED about it.

SO I decided to call Fed Ex (1-800-463-3339). The lady I spoke to was very concerned and polite to me. Thank goodness! She documented everything and basically I said because I have shows delivered here and personal supply orders occasionally, its a concern. Besides that, I don't even know if I get the same guy everytime or not, because he drops and runs.

I told her I work for the BEST company and even if something arrived damaged PC would replace it and I would hope this guy doesn't drop my future packages on purpose. (you know like revenge). :cool:

Anyway I am glad I made the call and if you have issues with Fed Ex, CALL the 1-800 number. She thanked me for bringing it to their attention.
No problem with my fed ex guy. Have you ever considered tipping the guy once in awhile? Cash speaks louder and a few $ here and there, or even a batch of cookies will help to make the deliveries to your house more personal.In regard to weather, deliveries... used work for another company and had boxes delivered all the time. Established a friendly relationship with the delivery guy, and after that, whenever the weather was bad, he knew that I kept a tarp on the side and he would put the boxes under it for me.Honestly, think they are just trying to make a living like us. Ever watch one of those shows where they show the time they have to spend for each delivery? Everything is timed and performance is based on that. Insane.

While I have given the Fed Ex guy home made treats before, as I said in my original post I am not even sure I get the same person each time. I will be sure to ask for his name next time.

This issue here was he was on his cell phone and carrying two heavy boxes at the the same time.

This tells me he is A.) LAZY that he cannot carry one box at a time B.) Unprofessional that he cannot end his cell phone call which he is probably not supposed to be on during his shift and C.) Just doesn't give a damn.

That's what it boils down to.

vwpamperedchef said:
While I have given the Fed Ex guy home made treats before, as I said in my original post I am not even sure I get the same person each time. I will be sure to ask for his name next time.

This issue here was he was on his cell phone and carrying two heavy boxes at the the same time.

This tells me he is A.) LAZY that he cannot carry one box at a time B.) Unprofessional that he cannot end his cell phone call which he is probably not supposed to be on during his shift and C.) Just doesn't give a damn.

That's what it boils down to.
sorry to hear that. Find lots of people use their cellphones way too much. Hang up, do your business and then call back!! Hope things improve for you.

Thank you for your posts. :)

I hope so too!

Thursday I was due to have a supply order delivered since I am working a booth at a festival today. It didn't get delivered. I looked up the tracking and it said "Customer not available or business closed." My daughter was home and she says she thought she heard something outside but assumed it was neighborhood kids playing. She says the guy never even rang the bell. It was due to rain that evening and I wonder if that is why he didn't leave it like he normally would, but he could at least TRY to deliver it. Luckily it was delivered the next morning. When I pulled up the tracking at 10 am it had already been delivered. I was going to be in a world of hurt if I didn't get that package and so were they!

I've had delivery exceptions too - while I was home! So I KNOW he didn't even try. When I called FedEx, they made it sound like I wasn't home to sign. I told him there was NO signature required!

My Fed Ex guy used to stack the boxes IN FRONT of the door. If there was just one box, I could usually open the door from the inside a little and push the box out of the way, but if there was more than one box, I couldn't open the door from the inside to get them! I would have to go to the porch from the outside and move the boxes out of the way to be able to open my door! It was so irritating.

But, I must have a new driver, as that hasn't happened in a little while!

My guy is always the same. I live 1 1/2 hours from the closest delivery hub. I am the last stop at about 6:30pm and he has to drive back. I kinda fell sorry for him.

I would much better have a drop and run than have to sign. My husband worked for UPS back in the day and he will tell me stories about handling boxes.

My Fed-Ex guy is pretty nice, but I am usually out front with the kids. Once a box
(small one with just the pinch bowls) was missing and he was very concerned about that, we chatted about what could have happened to it and nice. I have been out walking with the kids and seen him drop and dash from others porches though. He knows not to ring the door bell ( the dogs go nuts) and overall I haven't had to many problems. I like my UPS guy better ( plus he's wayyyyy cuter) , he will put our boxes in the garage by the door going into our house if the garage is open.
Sorry that happened to you Vanessa :(

I always bake my FedEx guy something if I see that the boxes are on the truck to deliver. He even kinda hangs around after he rings the door bell to see if hes going to get anything. He always asks if I need help bring them in the house. I have no complains about him, now DH is kinda jealous I bake for him all the time...

My Fed ex man drops and runs from my two giant dogs!

I love both my Fed Ex and UPS guys! They almost always drop and run just because they know as soon as they knock or ring the bell my dogs go nuts and I have to let them out back before I can come out front. But, occasionally they wait either just to be nice if the package is way too heavy or if they need a signature. The only time I ever have problems is when I have substitute drivers.

1. What do I do if my Fed Ex delivery arrives damaged?

If your Fed Ex delivery arrives damaged, you should immediately contact Fed Ex customer service at 1-800-463-3339. They will document your complaint and work to resolve the issue.

2. What should I do if my Fed Ex delivery person is careless with my packages?

If you observe your Fed Ex delivery person being careless or rough with your packages, you should report it to Fed Ex customer service at 1-800-463-3339. They take customer complaints seriously and will address the issue with the delivery person.

3. Can I request a specific Fed Ex delivery person for my packages?

Unfortunately, Fed Ex does not allow customers to request specific delivery personnel. However, you can report any issues or concerns you have with a particular delivery person to customer service at 1-800-463-3339.

4. How can I ensure that my Fed Ex packages are handled properly during delivery?

To ensure that your Fed Ex packages are handled properly during delivery, you can make a note in the delivery instructions when placing your order, requesting that the delivery person handle your packages with care. You can also monitor your package's tracking information online to see if any issues arise during the delivery process.

5. What should I do if my Fed Ex delivery person is talking on their phone while handling my packages?

If you observe your Fed Ex delivery person talking on their phone while handling your packages, you should report it to Fed Ex customer service at 1-800-463-3339. This behavior is not only unprofessional, but it also puts your packages at risk for damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmom24
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies