• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Good Customer Service??

In summary, the conversation touches on the topic of HO leads and whether it provides good customer service. The participants share their opinions on whether HO should forward customer information to consultants who are closer to the customer, or if it should be given to directors as a perk. There is also a mention of a recent poll and how some consultants may receive leads based on their location, while others have to work harder to earn them. The conversation also briefly touches on the experience of finding a closer consultant and the possibility of handing leads down to downline consultants.
rennea
Gold Member
When I started PC it was to earn a little extra money and to help "support" my PC addiction:) I have never really looked towards recruiting, has never been in the plan or my goals. I know that one of the "perks" of being a director is HO leads but my question is, is this providing good customer service? For example when I first looked into purchasing some things I contacted HO who gave my info to my now director. She lives 7 hours away from me!! I asked her at the time if anybody closer was available and she said she didn't know. Well at the time there was a girl here in my town selling plus other in closer communities. Shouldn't HO forward customer information to consultants who are closer to the customer. Wouldn't this be providing better customer service?? Sure hand over the leads to Directors if available I don't have a problem with that. Just wondering though!

Ok I have had my say, I feel better now:)

I have to say I do agree with you on that one. I do know there was a poll on directors getting HO leads and yes they do deserve the leads but if there is a consultant 15 mins away campared to a director 4 hrs away I wouyld rather have the consultant.

I agree with you about your whole post. I started the same way. I go back and forth about whether I want to recruit or not. On that note, I know that when people have talked to me about the business, they ask about getting leads, and they don't agree with the policy either. Whether or not that discourages them a little I don't know. Most of them have been in one or another direct sell companies at one time or another. I think that most of the DS companies do the same thing. I kind of think too that if we are putting out the money for the PWS that we should be able to get some leads from it too.

I agreeI agree it would be more convenient to have your contact info given to someone closer but for working so hard to become a director I think it is just a perk that is provided as an incentive to promote.

I think it's fair and even though they might be 7 hours away, I am sure if people actually asked around, or even placed an ad on free classifieds online, you would be sure to find a PC consultant. I am not saying you should have done this because I am sure you expected to find a consultant close to you with HO's help, but that's how I found out about PC.

I asked around then I found someone. At the time I didn't join PC but did have a show. I was surprised to find so many in my local church. At the time I was attending a large church. Now in my small church I am the PC consultant but still encourage others to join!

Debbie :D

There was recently a poll/thread similar to this that pondered that very same question. I think that it makes sense to give a lead to a consultant that is closer, but then it would be unfair for other directors to have to work their butts off to earn leads while some consultants would get them based solely on where they lived, make sense?Also, as I pointed out in the other thread- if I got a HO lead that was too far for me to drive I could hand it down to my downline and still benefit, whereas if it was simply given away to the closest consultant I wouldn't benefit simply because I lived "too far".

I guess HO just assumes that a director will just hand it down to a closer consultant. Just after I started I ran into a girl who was surprised to find a closer consultant (myself) She had wanted to do a party but the person they put her in contact wouldn't cause she was too far away. I was pretty choked because it was my "director". I thought that it was pretty rude.

I agree
gilliandanielle said:
There was recently a poll/thread similar to this that pondered that very same question. I think that it makes sense to give a lead to a consultant that is closer, but then it would be unfair for other directors to have to work their butts off to earn leads while some consultants would get them based solely on where they lived, make sense?

Also, as I pointed out in the other thread- if I got a HO lead that was too far for me to drive I could hand it down to my downline and still benefit, whereas if it was simply given away to the closest consultant I wouldn't benefit simply because I lived "too far".

I agree Gillian, those who work hard should be rewarded. Hopefully they will be fair and use common sense like you would, if they are just too far away, and hand to to a downline who is closer.

That's tough
rennea said:
I guess HO just assumes that a director will just hand it down to a closer consultant. Just after I started I ran into a girl who was surprised to find a closer consultant (myself) She had wanted to do a party but the person they put her in contact wouldn't cause she was too far away. I was pretty choked because it was my "director". I thought that it was pretty rude.

I wonder why your director would do that???? That's crazy! I have been blessed to work under one of the best director's in my opinion. She is not only outgoing, friendly and very helpful but she genuinely cares about us. I really feel good being in her cluster and she has helped me numerous times when I was first starting out. My recruit was a girl I didn't know, she was just at the right place at the right time, and I joined. She never followed up with me or even bothered to help answer my questions. When she moved away because of military orders, my director took me under her wing and helped me every step of the way.
I can't believe your director wouldn't give you that show, knowing you are closer. That's pretty sad and I am sorry you had to feel the hurt of that situation. I would be hurt too. My director wants nothing more than for me to succeed. Even months when I was top seller, and believe me she sells tons each month, she was genuinely happy for me.
I hope you have a better relationship with your director now. But being so far away, do you attend meetings with a hospitality director?

DebbieSAChef said:
I can't believe your director wouldn't give you that show, knowing you are closer. That's pretty sad and I am sorry you had to feel the hurt of that situation. I would be hurt too. My director wants nothing more than for me to succeed. Even months when I was top seller, and believe me she sells tons each month, she was genuinely happy for me.
I hope you have a better relationship with your director now. But being so far away, do you attend meetings with a hospitality director?

I've never met my director face to face, I don't attend meeting cause they are just too far away. There is no hospitality director around me. Just me!! I never hear from her except email when she has something negative to say about not everyone attending her meetings:rolleyes: I did email her after I ran into this girl and asked her. She just replyed that she had forgotten about me. HA nice of her don't you think!! Whatever!!! I was really bummed after I qualified that I never recieved my pin:( Don't know why it bothered me so bad but dang I wanted that silly pin!!

rennea said:
I've never met my director face to face, I don't attend meeting cause they are just too far away. There is no hospitality director around me. Just me!! I never hear from her except email when she has something negative to say about not everyone attending her meetings:rolleyes: I did email her after I ran into this girl and asked her. She just replyed that she had forgotten about me. HA nice of her don't you think!! Whatever!!! I was really bummed after I qualified that I never recieved my pin:( Don't know why it bothered me so bad but dang I wanted that silly pin!!

Forgive me in advance for what I have to say. Nice of her to forget you but she sure does get paid (override commission) for what you contribute to the your team's sales!

Now, that I have gotten that off my chest-- I would ask her nicely when would you be getting your pin as you never got one when you qualified. It may be something overlooked on her part but you are entitled to it. I proudly wear mine! As they say "kill her with kindness"!

Good luck!

From another point of view....I agree that being close to your director is good. However, one of the main reasons HO gives leads to directors is that they are working the business and not just part time. This gives the customer/future consultant a better chance at getting customer service. Please don't read this as part time consultants or those who aren't directors yet don't give good customer service. That being said, a director must sell at least $1250 three out of the previous four months in order to get HO leads. So, if there is a director in relinquishment, s/he will not get leads. The next closest director who is in the que gets the lead. I have been given leads for people about 6 hours away! I worked through my contacts of sister directors to find a closer consultant. However, I made sure to find a consultant that is on fire and good with follow-up because this is a customer who WANTS our services!And then, if there is a director near you, rennea, you should look into getting set up with hospitality meetings.And my last comment is about the qualification pin. That is a pin that directors can purchase through VIP and not all directors do it. I personally give them out to consultants who qualify in their first 30 days. Past that they just get the ribbon. Rennea, if you want one, let me know and I'll mail one to ya!

cmdtrgd said:
And my last comment is about the qualification pin. That is a pin that directors can purchase through VIP and not all directors do it. I personally give them out to consultants who qualify in their first 30 days. Past that they just get the ribbon. Rennea, if you want one, let me know and I'll mail one to ya!

I was hoping someone would speak up about this because I was too unsure to say anything. Everyone has different "requirements" for pins, because I only got one once I promoted to FD...

Part of me thinks...I try to recruit people. I love what I do and figure that should show and get interest and I've even signed someone that never did anything and pretty sure she started making false excuses. I have people interested but just can't seem to find anyone ready to start their own business. Why shouldn't I get leads? I love working with people and love the products, but am not doing so well with the recruiting.The other part does realize that I could do more...though I think I've been living and breathing and sleeping PC! I would LOVE to be successful at recruiting. However, I don't have the ability to talk to complete strangers about PC. It's just not in my personality. Think that's a problem. Must be late...I'm rambling.

gilliandanielle said:
I was hoping someone would speak up about this because I was too unsure to say anything. Everyone has different "requirements" for pins, because I only got one once I promoted to FD...

And I never got any kind of pin!

My director gave me a window cling when I qualified and then because I am her top seller and recruiter (other than her two directors) she gives me all kinds of stuff. :) But never pins.

All directors do it differently!

Jules711 said:
Why shouldn't I get leads? I love working with people and love the products, but am not doing so well with the recruiting.

It would be nice if PC gave everyone leads, but they have to leave some "perks" to lure people into recruiting. A business is built with a strong team of hard workers, and if there were no incentives to recruit then PC would eventually die out. Why would anyone recruit if there was no incentive to?

I think you are thinking of no leads as a punishment for you, rather than a reward for directors who have to work hard in ALL categories of their business, not just recruiting...

cmdtrgd said:
And my last comment is about the qualification pin. That is a pin that directors can purchase through VIP and not all directors do it. I personally give them out to consultants who qualify in their first 30 days. Past that they just get the ribbon. Rennea, if you want one, let me know and I'll mail one to ya!

That's so sweet of you!!! When I first joined I recieved a cluster "newsletter" and it talked about the qualification pin. I don't think it was so much about the pin as it was the whole feeling and support that I have received. I started out real good, was really into it. Loved all the products I was earning and whenever I needed help or had questions it seemed like I was bothering her. It may seem highschoolish but they seem to be very clicky!! I have visions of these women all dressing the same, same hair dye etc.
I receive very strange emails about the yahoo group.(it seems your not allowed to ask questions?? everytime a newby joins and asks questions they get mad your not allowed to use the group to ask "stupid" questions or request help with extra caddy's etc. I never replied to any questions but always waited for the "please do not use this for.....") So I exited that group.
In the past I entered challenges in the cluster and pull through but am always omitted, I guess cause of my distance. Last year when we had the cluster challenge I submitted three shows emailed my director if we had won and she won't even return my email. Sorry I have totally stop having any kind of contact with this cluster, not worth my time. Sorry I'm rambling....:(

I would also like to add that when I was just a "customer" I didn't receive any good customer service at all until I emailed those magic words I'm thinking about joining! Then I got a phone call. Guess it's a good way to get people to join;) ;)

I am so sorry about your director Rennea! I would call HO and make sure that there isn't a hospitality director in your area. Just because you haven't heard of one doesn't mean that there isn't. What if you have an awesome director relatively close to you and you just don't know it??

No matter what I would call her or send her a heartfelt e-mail saying that you feel left out being omitted from recognition, etc. That should have nothing to do with your distance!! You all show up the same on her IPT no matter where you are from!!

Rennea,

It could be that you have a director like mine. She only gives the pins/ribbons/incentive rewards to those that ATTEND the meetings and it doesn't matter that some live too far away. She wouldn't even send the charms that were awarded by PC when we had the bracelet challenge (2 shows in a month you got a charm for a bracelet you earned in the first month). She sent them quarterly so we had to wait 3 months for some of the charms - and SHE's the one who moved out of state!

The incentives are out of the director's pocket but she does get $5-10 for each consultant in her downline (depending on if they are a personal recruit and what level they are - FD, D, C). She gets this every month and it is supposed to help cover her costs to hold a meeting and give those incentives.

I feel that since I get that money from PC for all of my downline - not just those that are local to me - I offer the same incentives to all and if a long distance consultant earns it I mail it!

BethCooks4U said:
Rennea,

The incentives are out of the director's pocket but she does get $5-10 for each consultant in her downline (depending on if they are a personal recruit and what level they are - FD, D, C). She gets this every month and it is supposed to help cover her costs to hold a meeting and give those incentives.
What about hospitality Directors? Mine is very generous with awards and gifts, does that extra $ go to Hospitality directors too or does my home director reimburse my hospitality?

heat123 said:
What about hospitality Directors? Mine is very generous with awards and gifts, does that extra $ go to Hospitality directors too or does my home director reimburse my hospitality?
No, the hospitality director gets nothing from PC. It is up to your director to send her reimbursement for things like that. Some do and some don't. I have had 3 hospitality consultants and the director for 2 of them refused to even send me their stats let alone any reimbursements. The other director keeps asking me if she owes me money but I haven't spent much more than what she sent me when her consultant joined us - I don't really keep track too well and she adds so much to the meeting when she comes that THAT is payment enough. It just depends. The HD for my long distance consultants refuses any payment. I have a gift for her that I am going to give my consultant at National Conference to take back to her as a thank you.

I feel better today, I just needed a b@tch fest. Thanks for listening:)

I have a great director. She is in NC and I am in AL. She sends me thing through the mail that other consultants get at the mettings. A lot of months I attend the meeting by calling in and being put on speaker phone and she and all that is there make me feel like I am sitting right there with them.

My director also send out an email of monthly stats, so, everyone get recognition for what they are doing.

my director allows those who are further than 100 miles away to participate in everything we do and draw for at meetings without being there. she also gives us a single eye burner when we qualify - i get mine at this month's meeting - HOORAY!

rennea said:
I feel better today, I just needed a b@tch fest. Thanks for listening:)
No problem! We all need one of those every now and then....too bad there isn't a special holiday just for that! 'National B@tch Day'....has a nice ring to it - huh?! LOL

Related to Is This Good Customer Service??

1. What does good customer service look like at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, good customer service means providing excellent support and assistance to our customers throughout their entire experience with our products and company. This includes prompt and friendly responses to inquiries, addressing any issues or concerns in a timely and satisfactory manner, and making sure our customers feel valued and appreciated.

2. How do you ensure good customer service at Pampered Chef?

We have a dedicated customer service team who are trained to provide top-notch support to our customers. We also have a system in place to track and monitor customer interactions, ensuring that all inquiries and issues are addressed promptly and effectively. In addition, we constantly gather feedback from our customers and use it to improve and enhance our services.

3. What happens if I have a problem with my Pampered Chef product?

If you experience any issues with your Pampered Chef product, our customer service team is here to help. You can contact us through phone, email, or live chat and we will work with you to find a solution. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee, so if you are not completely happy with your purchase, we will do our best to make it right.

4. Can I return or exchange a Pampered Chef product?

Yes, we have a flexible return and exchange policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return or exchange it within a certain timeframe, depending on the product. Our customer service team can assist you with the return or exchange process and help you find a product that better suits your needs.

5. How can I provide feedback about my customer service experience with Pampered Chef?

We value feedback from our customers as it helps us improve our services. You can provide feedback through our website, social media channels, or by contacting our customer service team directly. We strive to use this feedback to continuously enhance our customer service and provide the best experience for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BeachBabyMom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcwarr