• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is there free housing for parents with sick children in Little Rock?

In summary, the baby is having liver problems from her mom's anti-seizure medicine and the uncle will have to be off work for a week to take care of her. There are some places that are free for parents with children in the hospital.
jdavis
Ok, here's the story, our nephew and his girlfriend just had their baby, the live in Rogers, Arkansas, and they are going to have to take her to LR to the Children's hospital tomorrow because she is having liver problems from her mom's anti-siezure medicine. Long story short, they are young, and he will have to be off work for that week to stay there also, and we are trying to figure out some kind of housing. Since we don't know much about the area, are there any places that are free for parents with children in the hospital? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Jen

I don't have any housing information, but your nephew, his girlfriend and baby are in my prayers.

You might want to check out at the hospital. When my son was at Childrens Hopital in Nebraska they had a house kind of like the Ronald McDonald house. You could stay there for free. I didn't stay there becaue my son was 6 weeks early and was 5lbs 2 1/2 oz. The lady at the house was a real B____! You had to live at least 50 miles away and we lived 40 miles away and so if anybody wanted to stay there that lived farther we would have to be kicked out. Also she told me that usually babies under 5lbs were only in ICU. That made me really mad and I told her what I thought of her, in kind of a nice manner. I was practicaly in tears because of her.
Anyway I would check with the hospital. I will keep all of your family in my prayers. Keep us updated on all of them.

Thank you Nikki.

April: My SIL said that their thing at the hospital is if she stays on one floor then you can have 1 parent in the room, and the other has to stay in the lobby (I am guessing someone got too frisky?) and if she stays on another floor neither parent can stay the night. Checking on the hospital's website she said they listed some hotels with discounted rates, but that they weren't much less than she could get with AAA, she said if she couldn't find anything maybe she could get one of those rooms and call and charge it to a CC.

Hey Jen,

There is a Ronald McDonald House in LR. Here is the info:
Arkansas
1009 Wolfe Street
City : Little Rock, AR 72202-
Phone : 501 374-1956
Fax : 501 374-2418

Website: http://www.rmhc.com/app_controller_rmhc.rmhchouse_us.rmhchouse_us.html

I'll be praying for y'all. Keep us updated! :)

Jaye

Jen, it has been my experience that the Ronald McDonald House is not always easy to get into for numerous reasons. They are usually extremely busy and demand is high. There are other hospitality houses in most areas.

For example, there is also The Harrison House in Little Rock, and I'm sure there are other Hospital Hospitaltiy houses in the area.

You can log on to the website of the Association of Hospital Hospitality Houses and do a search for lodging.

(If they were going to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee, I could help out with a really good hospitality house!)

Jennifer, I live near Little Rock and can do some checking around if you need me to. They are in my prayers.Monica

Jen, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

KG, what a great link, thanks.

What is the "Ot: Little Rock Area"?

The "Ot: Little Rock Area" refers to the central Arkansas region surrounding the city of Little Rock. It includes cities such as North Little Rock, Benton, and Conway.

What types of products do you offer in the "Ot: Little Rock Area"?

In the "Ot: Little Rock Area", we offer a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets from Pampered Chef, including cookware, bakeware, knives, and small kitchen appliances. We also offer a selection of pantry items, cookbooks, and meal kits.

Can I place an order for "Ot: Little Rock Area" products online?

Yes, you can place an order for "Ot: Little Rock Area" products on our website. Simply select your desired items, enter your shipping and payment information, and your order will be shipped directly to your doorstep.

Do you offer any in-person demonstrations or events in the "Ot: Little Rock Area"?

Yes, we frequently hold in-person demonstrations and events in the "Ot: Little Rock Area" where you can see our products in action and learn new cooking techniques. Check our events calendar on our website for upcoming dates and locations.

Are there any special promotions or discounts for "Ot: Little Rock Area" residents?

Yes, we occasionally offer special promotions and discounts for "Ot: Little Rock Area" residents. Be sure to sign up for our email newsletter and follow us on social media to stay updated on any current offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Admin Greg