• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There Anything in It for Me?

In summary, Leslie is organizing a girl's night out where they will be raffling off baskets and giving away door prizes from direct sellers. She is asking if I am interested in helping out, and if not, asking if I am interested in creating a gift basket. She also asks if I am allowed to have a table at the event.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I know that sounds like a selfish title, but I had a previous host (the one who most of you know as my host who supposedly didn't get her host benefits from previous consultant)
Anyhow, she sends me this email this morning.

Her: Leslie, my church is doing a girl’s night out on October 3, 2008. Vendors will be required to put 3 baskets together worth $25.00 each ( we will use them as door prizes and game prizes). Are you interested? We are trying not to duplicate any vendors also. If you know any other specialties, please let me know.

Me: Does it need to be a gift basket, or can it be something else?

Her: Just so the value is $25.00 worth and 3 of them is great!

Me: Gift certificates are actually ideal for this kind of thing so that they can pick it out themselves.

Her: We really want baskets, or tubes, or something that the ladies can see on a table. I love gift certificates, but I’ll ask and see what the committee wants. I know they are pushing baskets or something like that.

Is is just me or does it just seem like I am giving away $25 - $75 in free stuff with nothing more than my business card in the baskets? Maybe I am misunderstanding it. I just wanted someone with fresh eyes to maybe tell me I'm right or crazy.

So make a basket of a few items (under $10 worth) and add a $20 gift certificate redeemable only through you... Check out the Outlet for some things you can get that are cheap and cut! The Oven Pad/Trivet would be great in all those neat colors!

Are you allowed to have a table at the event? The way she mentions vendors makes me think its almost like a fair, and that the baskets are required in order to have a table. I've done things like that in the past. But maybe not, her e-mail seems really vague. I'd e-mail back and ask her about having a table or more info about what the event is, etc.

From what I am to understand it is just a get together for the women of the church and they raffle off baskets and give away door prizes from direct sellers, etc.
I just sent her an email to be more clear about the event. Maybe I just misunderstood.

If there's no additional fee for the table, then you need to evaluate whether $75 is a reasonable charge for you to be there for the evening. How much business do the vendors usually do? How much time will be allocated for the attendees to shop? Will you get to do some sort of demo? Does the church expect to receive the host benefits, or can you use them yourself?

In that case, If it were me I would probably turn down the offer. I don't have the money to be giving away that much for free with no guarantee that any business will come from it. Three people will be getting your business card, and that's it. But, if they allow GC's and you think its worth it, go for it. Who knows, maybe one of those people will place an order, book a show, or even be your next recruit.

I would say that you want a list of all of the door prize slips at the end of the night. Maybe see if they can list the vendors on the slip & have folks mark what they might be interested in.

She's saying too that the value needs to be $25. Not what actually goes into it. So, if you're like me, you've got extra product stuffed away somewhere. Mine is actually in the middle of my office floor right now so that I do something with it! :)

See if you can get stats from previous fairs if they've done it before. Never know... it could be worth it.

I had a fair that I participated in & didn't think that it was going to be worth it. That fair has generated tons of sales for me. The first generation of my shows from that fair weren't so hot... but those bookings led to many $1,000 shows & lots of loyal customers who are also now dear friends.

If you decide to do this just remember the value has to be $25 but you don't have to pay 25 for it. The Pizza cutter with the Crust and a serving spatula is worth $25 but I have extra of those lying around. The old simple additions caddy was worth $10 I think? But I ordered several for less than $2. That would look like a big gift if you put something with it. I would make sure you can set up a table before you do it.

You could do like PCChefJane said and do a few small things ie Scoop Clip, Quikcut Trio pack, Latin Cookbook or whatever then say that the rest is available as additional free product when they host a show. So the gift that night isn't high dollar then they book a party (more money for you) to get the $20 in free product or whatever the difference is. So one of your three baskets would be the Scoop clip with a $20 FREE product coupon, then the next basket is the quik cut trio pack and a $20 FREE product coupon, and so on.

That's how I work a "vendors must donate a raffle prize" booths. I offer a certificate for whatever the required prize amount is in FREE product at their show...which must be held that season or more urgently if I need the bookings.

What is in for you is what you make of it...

Ask if you get a table to set up at and if you get access to the attendee list... (sign in sheet whatever)

I would do theme baskets and remember other vendors are your best clients and they may lead you to other events.

I also work my croud always. I tell people to check out the table with the pink table cloth when I'm away from my table and tell them ohh you have to go the green table cloth booth, that lady is giving away.... and I act like I'm just another attendee... and then when they start to walk over to my booth, and quicky run over to my table, get behind it and welcome them to my booth / table. They usually smile and they say how much they like PC etc. and my sales are actually higher at events that at most of my shows.

I ususally book shows and recruits from my events as well.. so my events are always good.

Will they let you sell cash n carry items? this would be a quick return on the money you spent on the theme baskets...

I attached the theme basket flier enjoy and make it worth your while no matter what...

Attachments

• Gift Basket Flyer.doc
    322.5 KB · Views: 482
I don't think she will get to "work" the event. I think they are just asking her for prizes. But it would be a good idea to at least ask for the contact information of the person(s) that win your prizes so you can follow-up with them.

I cant belive they would ask for $75 in "donations" as in basket and items, and then you get nothing in return.... Keep us posted...................

I talked with her today via email. This is going to be a vendor event and they are expecting between 150 - 200 women. I think I just might do it:D

krzymomof4 said:
I talked with her today via email. This is going to be a vendor event and they are expecting between 150 - 200 women. I think I just might do it:D

If thats the case I would go for it!! What kinda extra products do you have sitting around? Maybe we can help you think of things to match them with to make great baskets.

Not a lot, but I will run an inventory and post a list.

Okay here is what I have. Most are discontinued

Lg Batter Bowl
Previous SB
Tomato Knife
Color Santoku
Stoneware Sensations Cookbook
Simple Addition Cups & More
Party Stix
Executive 8" pan
Black SA triangles
Sea Green bar board & knife

Related to Is There Anything in It for Me?

1. What is "Is There Anything in It for Me?"

"Is There Anything in It for Me?" is a phrase often used in the direct sales industry, including Pampered Chef. It refers to the benefits and rewards that individuals can receive by hosting a party or becoming a consultant for the company.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party can bring several benefits, such as earning free and discounted products, trying new recipes, and spending quality time with friends and family. Additionally, hosts can receive exclusive host rewards and discounts on future purchases.

3. How can I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a consultant for Pampered Chef, you can reach out to a current consultant or visit the company's website to learn more and sign up. Consultants can enjoy flexible working hours, the opportunity to earn income, and access to a supportive community.

4. What is the Pampered Chef loyalty program and how does it work?

The Pampered Chef loyalty program, called "Pampered Chef Perks," is a way for customers to earn rewards and discounts on their purchases. By signing up for the program, customers can earn points for every dollar they spend and use those points towards future purchases.

5. Are there any other perks or benefits of being a Pampered Chef customer?

In addition to host rewards and the loyalty program, Pampered Chef customers can also enjoy special discounts and promotions, access to exclusive products and bundles, and the opportunity to host virtual parties. Customers can also join the company's mailing list to stay updated on the latest deals and offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedcheermom