• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Warranty for Rolling Cases? | Get the Answer Here

3 of them and they are great! I use mine for shows, when I go to the beach, and just to have extra storage. You can't go wrong with one!I have 2 and they are great. I use them for shows, when I go to the beach, and just to have extra storage.
c00p
Gold Member
Ok, before I email HO, I thought I'd check here and see if anyone happens to know if these come with a "warranty"? I've had mine for a few years now (earned it for free in a promo they had for consultants a while back) and last night as I'm heading into my show, my telescoping handle wouldn't "telescope". I had to carry it. :cry: :cry: I know, I know - get a grip!!! But, I'm sooooo spoiled by this thing! Anyway, let me know if you know if it has a warranty of any type.

I really don't know but my handle busted a long while back (I earned mine free too) and PC sent me a new one. Not sure if it had a 1 year warranty or what. I Absolutley LOVE mine. Now the zipper is coming apart a bit. DH says I stuff it too full. Just hanging on to hope that it doesn't fall apart as I don't want to have to shell out money for a new one, but I would! I would be lost w/o it! When you call HO let me know (PM me as I may forget to come back here) and let me know if they will replace, etc. Thanks so much!

They had a one year guarantee.

I LOVE the rolling case and have had 2 of so far do the same thing that yours did. If this one I"ve got now (my 3rd one) breaks I am going to take it and get a heavy duty luggage handle attached. Someone on here mentioned they did that for theirs and it was much stronger.

Yup, Ann is right as usual with a one year warranty!

I'm on my third 3rd. The first one was under the guarantee period. The one I have now was my old director's. I was smart enough to buy it from her when she quit because I knew mine would break. I didn't keep the 2nd one since it also tore down the back where you can put a crate. I over-filled it!

Anybody know where to replace the handle?

You can't, I wish we could because I have a perfectly good case except for a broken handle. The handle is built into the case itself & I've had a few people look at it & all said the same thing. If you can find someone that can fix it, PLEASE let me know....TIA

Bummer. I was sure hoping that it could be fixed. My case is in perfectly wonderful condition even though I've had it for almost 3 years. This is the first problem I've had with it. I'll have to have my hubby look at it tonight. He's a pretty craft guy, so perhaps he'll be able to fix it! If he does, I'll let you all know how he did it.

c00p said:
Bummer. I was sure hoping that it could be fixed. My case is in perfectly wonderful condition even though I've had it for almost 3 years. This is the first problem I've had with it. I'll have to have my hubby look at it tonight. He's a pretty craft guy, so perhaps he'll be able to fix it! If he does, I'll let you all know how he did it.

Thank You So Much!!! Good Luck!

Rather than the rolling crate, I think I'm just going to get a luggage rack for mine. I had a rolling tote when I sold jewelry, and I have to carry everything I take to shows ... It's not heavy, unless I'm carting a chicken in a DCB and other groceries!

After trying the rolling case, I opted to use it for storing extra items and am using a rolling duffle bag - found in most sporting goods departments. Works like a charm and is not as deep, making it easier to pack and transport. They are reasonable enough and last a long time, and they don't cost as much as the PC case to replace.

cochef said:
After trying the rolling case, I opted to use it for storing extra items and am using a rolling duffle bag - found in most sporting goods departments. Works like a charm and is not as deep, making it easier to pack and transport. They are reasonable enough and last a long time, and they don't cost as much as the PC case to replace.

Would you please take a picture and post it on here???? I am not picturing what you are talking about....Thanks:rolleyes:

So, I've always wanted to know if the rolling case was worth buying...after reading this thread it sounds like it is until the handle breaks! lol :D

Kristi - it is worth buying - I have had mine for 2 years with no problem - the key is not to lift from the handle - only use it to pull and navigate.

PamperedDor said:
Kristi - it is worth buying - I have had mine for 2 years with no problem - the key is not to lift from the handle - only use it to pull and navigate.

Good to know! Thank you!

I sold mine. I found most of my hosts had stairs I had to deal with.

Chef Endora said:
I sold mine. I found most of my hosts had stairs I had to deal with.

LOL - mine sits in the basement most of the time. For me, it just wasn't practical, since 9 months of the year I would have to be dragging it through snow, mud, slush...etc.....and then, how would I ever bring it into the hosts home?
I use it for booths, and that's about it.

Between stairs and gravel driveways I learned it was more trouble (and weight) than it was worth. I do use it and love it for fairs but that's it. I will also take it with me to WI this summer when I drive there to see family and do a show before conference too. It has it's uses but also limitations.

I do not lift it by the handle either and have had it since it was available (earned it).

I use mine for expos and the new consultant bag for shows. SO much fits in them! You are not supposed to lift at all from the handle of the rolling bag. It's so easy to do but they just aren't strong enough. I love the rolling bag when I've got a long way to move, but really like the bag for everything else.

Stairs and snow aren't a problem here in Northern Cali...rain is what we get! (boo) I'm thinking I should get a rolling case just because I'm really tired of people asking me if I need help carrying my kit. Our shows should look uber easy to do!

Kristina21 said:
So, I've always wanted to know if the rolling case was worth buying...after reading this thread it sounds like it is until the handle breaks! lol :D

The paperwork that comes with it specifies that you shouldn't use the handle to lift (and to fully extend the handle before pulling). I know because I earned a much larger piece back in Fall 2001 that I finally needed to replace, so mine is new. (And of course, I read all instructions/directions on everything I buy!)

My caution with the one available now is that it barely fits in the trunk of my Honda Accord. I put the Large Bar Pan in an outer pocket and couldn't close the trunk! My host suggested I put it in the back seat, but I don't want to do that when I've rolled over wet sidewalks, grass, etc.

Not a fan of the rolling case. After lugging it up the stairs to a show in a 3rd floor condo, I've ditched it. I use it for fairs/expos only. I also broke the handle and had it replaced once.I'm sure any good luggage shop could fix it. My tote that goes with the rolling case is ripped and I plan to bring it to a luggage shop to be fixed while I'm away in July.

actually you can have them fixed. My director had the whole handle replaced on hers when it broke. It wasn't cheap, almost as much as a new one, but it is a heavy duty handle now. She took it to a luggage repair place.... might be worth a google!

I'm going to check into a luggage repair place close by. My hubby tried to fix it, but the little "piece" that is supposed to click in when you push in on the button to telescope, wouldn't go in. So.....it's officially broken. And just for the record, I've never lifted it by the handle. I've had other luggage for over 10 years with a telescoping handle and have never had a problem with them. Anyway - I do love it, so I'm in a quandry as to what to do next!!

I plan on finding a light weight dolly of some sort to but something like Rubbermaid Totes on for fairs, etc.

Related to Is There a Warranty for Rolling Cases? | Get the Answer Here

1. How many pieces does the Question Re Rolling Case hold?

The Question Re Rolling Case can hold up to 10 pieces, including cutting boards, knives, and other kitchen tools.

2. Is the Question Re Rolling Case machine washable?

No, the Question Re Rolling Case is not machine washable. We recommend spot cleaning with a damp cloth and mild soap.

3. Can the Question Re Rolling Case fit in a standard kitchen drawer?

Yes, the dimensions of the Question Re Rolling Case are designed to fit in most standard kitchen drawers for easy storage.

4. Are the compartments in the Question Re Rolling Case adjustable?

Yes, the compartments in the Question Re Rolling Case are adjustable and can be rearranged to fit your specific kitchen tools and needs.

5. What materials is the Question Re Rolling Case made of?

The Question Re Rolling Case is made of durable and water-resistant nylon fabric, with reinforced stitching for added strength and longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookinmama
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookinmama
  • lacychef