• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Limit on Benefits for Consultant-Hosted Shows?

M
Mel5497
limit on benefits when consultant as host?I know I should know this by now (and SHOULD look it up myself), but this is question is time sensitive:

When a show is 'consultant as host', is there a cap on the free product value benefits?

leggy

(Based on the earlier postings about not looking things up, please don't chastise me:cry:)

legacypc46 said:
I know I should know this by now (and SHOULD look it up myself), but this is question is time sensitive:

When a show is 'consultant as host', is there a cap on the free product value benefits?

leggy

(Based on the earlier postings about not looking things up, please don't chastise me:cry:)

:rolleyes: (just kidding!) :devil::angel:

You can order as much as you want as the host. The only difference between you as host and someone else as host is anything you purchase with the show discount is not commissionable. (and you don't get past host booking benefits)

legacypc46 said:
I know I should know this by now (and SHOULD look it up myself), but this is question is time sensitive:

leggy

Free product? The free product value is the same no matter who hosts it - even consultants. The cap is determined by the guest sales.

bethcooks4u said:
Free product? The free product value is the same no matter who hosts it - even consultants. The cap is determined by the guest sales.

That's what I thought...but it is a really big show...just wanted to be sure. (Oh, is my team going to love me...holiday goodies coming their way!) :)

Oh yeah, some my way too. :)

You're a great director for thinking of your team! Which reminds me! I need to order their holiday gifts1 :)

Has anyone seen this DVD.. The Secret?

I've seen it twice now and it's very inspiring! It ties in a little to what's contained in What the bleep do we know... though it's less scientific than What the bleep... I know some folks found The Secret to be a little selfish in that it tends to focus on what folks can get, as in things... but I found it goes deeper than that to what kind of relationships one wants, lifestyle, etc... not everyone wants the same thing(s), eh?

It's helping me with stress and keeping a better outlook on life. I had a very pessimistic teenhood and young adulthood and turning that around is a challenge. It's so easy to slide back into that mindset but the DVD is helping to remind me that what I think not only matters, but manifests itself into my world so if I'm always down... I'm only going to attract 'down things' including relationships, self esteem and all that stuff too.

I don't guess I have ever heard of it but then my husband says I am awful about remembering anything about movies.

LOL.. I never heard of it either until I saw a panel of folks that were on the DVD on Oprah a while back ago. I'm not an Oprah watcher but happened to be home at that time and had it on... funny how the Universe works sometimes. I also had a friend call me while watching it telling me to watch the show too! LOL... So curiosity got the better of me and we borrowed the DVD from a friend and ended up buying our own copy! Course now it's being borrowed by another friend who keeps forgetting to watch it. :rolleyes: It's only 90 minutes and only requires a person doesn't fall asleep while watching it. There's nothing to invest.. like I told DH if it doesn't work, we've nothing to lose. LOL

More info for those who are curious: http://www.thesecret.tv/home.html Much of it is stuff I've even read in various books and such but the DVD puts it all together in .... capsule form, so to speak. LOL... like a spiritual multi-vitamin. LOL

I watched it. I hated it.

I thought it was too much. Way, way too much.

Sorry to chime in negatively but I feel pretty strongly about it.

I won't give the whole rant here, but if you want it- PM me.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! :)

I have the book... got it right after The Power of Focus by Les Hewitt. I read the first couple pages to see just what "the secret" was but haven't gotten beyond that. I will read it I want to read it but I need to motivate myself... and taht is strange for me because I LOVE reading

friday said:
I watched it. I hated it.

I thought it was too much. Way, way too much.

Sorry to chime in negatively but I feel pretty strongly about it.

I won't give the whole rant here, but if you want it- PM me.

I completely agree with you Friday! I hated it and I thought it was completely self-absorbing and a bit sacreligious. To me (my opinion) I thought that this would be most appealing to those who are non-religious/non-spiritual. I'm sorry, but you can't just wish for things to be perfect in your life, you have to work for them. I do agree though, that you are more likely to get what you want if you have a positivie attitude, but it takes a lot more than that.

pamperedlinda said:
I completely agree with you Friday! I hated it and I thought it was completely self-absorbing and a bit sacreligious. To me (my opinion) I thought that this would be most appealing to those who are non-religious/non-spiritual. I'm sorry, but you can't just wish for things to be perfect in your life, you have to work for them. I do agree though, that you are more likely to get what you want if you have a positivie attitude, but it takes a lot more than that.

I completely agree with this. I found out about the secret when i earned a pampered weekend for pc (from upline) and this was shoved down my throat at night and then the next day!!

I agree with the basic concept. Have a positive attitude and picture yourself as how you want to be. In the new job or whatever. But you can not tell me that just by wishing for something that it will happen. In the movie they show a person looking at a piece of jewelry through a window at a jewelry store. Next scene it is being put on her and it's hers. Now if you don't have the money for it, you can really want it and find a way to earn it. Work more hours or put money aside each week for it. They do not show this part at all.

Just my 2 cents

I think the Secret is sort of like Santa Claus. You see, with Santa, we teach our kids that if you are good, you will get cool gifts. What about poor kids. No matter how good they are, they will not get good gifts because the reality is that mommy and daddy can't afford it. So what message are we giving them? You must have been bad somehow? Same with the Secret. It tells us that if we wish for it and really believe- that we will get it. What if you get cancer? Did you secretly want that? If you want it bad enough, will it go away and you will live? Is that fair? I do agree that positive thinking will get you places and really improve your life. I do believe that negative thinkers do draw illness, mishaps, etc to themselves. I do totally believe in the power of prayer. I believe in divine gifts. But I think the Secret is just as unfair as Santa Claus.

Thanks for the input! I definitely don't agree with everything in it (I'm not a big 'things' person either - but quality of relationships and working on my own health and such things is important to me) but it's been good trying to implement some of those qualities in my life.. like belief in myself. I've a history of being pessimistic and it's helped me remember why I need to stay positive and not always jump to the doom and gloom (which is a very short trip for me). I've also seen how folks have healed or stayed healthy due to the power of their thinking, sometimes without even realizing it. For me, I believe in magick and the power of prayer and things like reiki and rolfing (which are alternative healing styles) and to me it helps make sense of all those tools that folks don't necessarily see working but need to believe or trust in for them to work the most effectively.I've also struggled with the health aspect. In the movie they have a woman who cured herself of cancer with what you could call laughter therapy and not allowing fear to override her need to heal. I guess I've seen enough evidence of The Secret at work that it makes sense to me. I deal with my own health issues and they do work on my feelings about myself... I have a friend who refuses to watch those prescription commercials and anything having to do with dis-ease... otherwise he feels they work on that part of the human psyche that says "what if... maybe I SHOULD talk to my doctor about that"... I'm real careful what I watch on TV too... especially commercial wise... I've also seen folks destroy their lives (or at least live in misery) with their thoughts... since the power of attraction goes both ways. I have a former friend who's always had a hard time with friendships and relationships... it's like she attracts these things to her and one could say "why would anyone want to do that?"... I don't know the reasoning and I doubt she does too... but until she changes her attitude, I don't see any cause or reason for change in her relationship dept. DH's ex is in a similar boat... I guess, I've taken more away from it than it being about wishes and fairness, I guess. Life's not fair yet sometimes we see folks that rise from awful conditions... they go from rags to riches... or they heal from curious conditions... makes you wonder if they've got a secret... Anyway, I got curious if anyone else here had seen the movie and formed their own opinion about it. Thanks for your thoughts!

I think most of what I am going to say is similar to what you all have said but feel the need to ramble so here goes...

The movie is more of a marketing ploy than many realize and it is not a "Secret" I think more people practice more of these ideas than they realize - intentional or not including those who don't agree with the concepts that are in the movie. The movie does push the topic a bit but if you think about it many people do it. I have watched many of us put it in words even as we chat on these threads..

I was raised to believe you work toward the positive. Not to sit there and say I can't do something. How many times I have heard people say I "can't" do something and I say to them you "can't" do it only because you believe you can't.

We do the same with our businesses - I need more shows do I focus on how I don't have shows or do I get myself on the phone and get them. If I focus on how I don't have shows and not get on the phone, will I have shows? NO. Is this self absorbed? Maybe so. Maybe it is called running your business which in fact is working to your ultimate goal.

Look at the very short segment about the vision boards. You hear it everywhere that you can't accomplish things in your life without goals. The vision board is nothing more than your goals put in pictures and symbols on something that you hang up. Goals are a good thing.

The author saw that many of those successful people were positive thinking people. Shoot if any of them would have been negative I am sure we would not know who they were today. The title may be the Secret but that is part of the marketing ploy to get it out there.

I liked the movie but took me a few times to watch it AND listen to the words with an open mind to realize that if I do more of what I was raised to do -

Write down your goals and work toward getting them
Never think negatively
Be positive

this will help you to get almost anything accomplished whether in a business, raising your kids, relationships, everything.

Lord knows, I need to master more of these techniques but if I say I can't or be down about it - then I know I can't. Some of us may need a movie to remind us to use what we have learned and we will be the best people can be.

so I got carried away and decided to do a 2nd post

On the thought of those who are poor and they can't just have things appear. Nothing comes with out hard work. If those kids are taught to focus on not having anything, then that is what they will have - nothing. Many people have worked hard to get themselves out of the place they are at.

I questioned on how things happen and if we ask for it. I KNOW that what happened to my son was not requested by me or him but we have lived our lives in the way that he will become the best person he can be because of it and continue to grow because of it. He did not learn to walk until he was about 3-1/2 and when I took him to the next checkup at Denver Childrens I asked the doctors if they ever thought it would get that far and he said "No, we never thought he would sit up."

It is funny because some people would stop believing in God because of something like what happened with my son. I don't know what God's plan is for me or him but I can only think things happen for a reason. I don't think God made it happen, I just think God couldn't stop it from happening and he is helping him and I to get past it.

Some people have recently said to me that my being laid off is that God has a plan and is opening me up for something more. I believe something better can and will happen - just think of what my next job would be if I didn't. It would stink worse than this one and to be honest - I don't want that. If God chose for me to not work anymore at a company that I have given 9 years of my life then so be it. I will find something much better.

No, not everything happens to everyone but if you don't work for it - it won't. I am a realist too and believe that maybe some people who are in poverty may not be able to get out - but one step at a time may be better than nothing.

Related to Is There a Limit on Benefits for Consultant-Hosted Shows?

1. What does it mean when a show is "consultant as host"?

When a show is listed as "consultant as host," it means that the consultant for the company is also acting as the host of the show. This means that they will be responsible for demonstrating and selling the products to the guests.

2. Is there a limit on the free product benefits for consultant-hosted shows?

Yes, there is typically a limit on the free product benefits for consultant-hosted shows. This limit varies depending on the company, but it is usually a set amount or percentage of the total sales from the show.

3. What is the purpose of having a limit on benefits for consultant-hosted shows?

The purpose of having a limit on benefits for consultant-hosted shows is to ensure that consultants do not receive an excessive amount of free products, which could potentially impact the profitability of the company. It also helps to maintain fairness among consultants and prevent any potential conflicts of interest.

4. How is the limit on benefits determined for consultant-hosted shows?

The limit on benefits for consultant-hosted shows is typically determined by the company's policies and guidelines. It may also be based on the consultant's sales goals and performance, as well as the overall sales of the show.

5. Are there any consequences for exceeding the limit on benefits for consultant-hosted shows?

Yes, there may be consequences for exceeding the limit on benefits for consultant-hosted shows. This may include a reduction in commission or bonuses, or even disciplinary action from the company. It is important for consultants to adhere to the set limit to avoid any potential issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • wadesgirl