• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Herb Keeper Really Worth It?

In summary, the conversation discusses the pros and cons of the herb keeper, and people offer suggestions on how to market and use the product. The summary concludes with the suggestion that the herb keeper may be a good gift for someone with a garden or who cooks with fresh ingredients.
clshirk
Um, is this supposed to be a great item? I'm not sure. I just personally don't get it. I mean, I know how to do herbs and all, but I am not sure how the herb keeper is supposed to be so great. I got it in my mid-season box today and although it has some great components to it, how will be the best way to market it? Is it a high seller for anyone?

Nobody's selling it yet. I'd market it to customers with big gardens or customers who seem to cook with fresh ingredients.

Personally, I will probably only use it for asparagus....just to keep it fresher longer!

I'm not sure if I'll even use mine. I was talking to guests at my last show about it and no one seemed interested in it.

After reading the first few posts it made me giggle, I plan on getting a couple of them. We keep about 4-6 different kinds of fresh herbs in our house. I already have about a dozen people who want one!!

Promote "green" living, including healthy eating habits. Nothing says healthy eating like "fresh" ingredients. Use them in your recipes imagine people when you have your herb keeper next to your cutting board ready to use with our wonderful knives at your demos. SOOO fresh and professional:)

rennea said:
After reading the first few posts it made me giggle, I plan on getting a couple of them. We keep about 4-6 different kinds of fresh herbs in our house. I already have about a dozen people who want one!!

Would you like to give us some tips on growing our own herbs??

We had a huge discussion about fresh vs dried herbs at my last show. Most of them use dried herbs. The ones who use fresh, though, were adamant about the difference it makes. I agree. I can't see this becoming one of my top sellers, but I definitely think it's a good, useful product.

Oh thanks for the replies- that does give me some ideas on how to suggest it. My mother in law keeps an herb garden and I think she could possibly be interested. I told my husband last night that I thought after it went out of stock because no one bought it I'd give it to her. Maybe it's just marketing it the right way.
Any more ideas would be appreciated if someone has any. So far, some great ones.

I really like that the lid is also a measuring cup. You can use your Kitchen Shears to snip your herbs right in the lid, then transfer them to your mixing bowl or pan. One less thing to wash.

I wasn't too sure about this either. I have already sold 4 of them. So, either I am getting to people who do a lot of herb gardens or something else. No one has really said why they wanted them. I think I may need to find out once I am able to get them ordered and delivered.

When I saw the pics of them I thought "What's so special?" but now that I have one, I LOVE IT!! I will get a second one as soon as I can. We eat a lot of fresh asparagus (well, I buy a lot of it but by the time I decide to cook it sometimes it's too late) so I will be keeping one available for that and the other will hold parsley/cilantro so it keeps longer!

BethCooks4U said:
When I saw the pics of them I thought "What's so special?" but now that I have one, I LOVE IT!! I will get a second one as soon as I can. We eat a lot of fresh asparagus (well, I buy a lot of it but by the time I decide to cook it sometimes it's too late) so I will be keeping one available for that and the other will hold parsley/cilantro so it keeps longer!

I love the asparagus idea, I hadn't thought of that.:)

I don't see us using ours - so if anyone wants it - 40% off, let me know :)

another use for it is to keep celery, a customer metioned this

sweetkj said:
another use for it is to keep celery, a customer metioned this
I just thought of that use today! Here I thought I was going to be able to impress all of you with my stunning idea!!!!

This is one of the things I was really hoping to earn!
I use fresh cilantro ALL the time, and it wilts if you even leave it out of water for more than 1 hour!
I use fresh basil and oregano all the time too!

After throwing away asparagus this weekend I am looking forward to getting this thing so I can enjoy the asparagus that I buy, instead of throwing it away!

I was so excited to get mine just to use it for herbs - fresh parsley, cilantro, basil, mint, rosemary, thyme.....all herbs I like to use fresh, but they don't keep well....
BUT NOW! I think I need 3-4 - I love love love fresh asparagus, but not when the tops get mushy! And I also love to keep celery in the refrigerator at all times - but usually end up throwing part of it away. I may need a whole shelf of these things!

ChefBeckyD said:
I was so excited to get mine just to use it for herbs - fresh parsley, cilantro, basil, mint, rosemary, thyme.....all herbs I like to use fresh, but they don't keep well....
BUT NOW! I think I need 3-4 - I love love love fresh asparagus, but not when the tops get mushy! And I also love to keep celery in the refrigerator at all times - but usually end up throwing part of it away. I may need a whole shelf of these things!
\

At least at $12 it's not too bad to order 1 for every use... anytime you need motivation on why you need a product I'd be glad to give it to you :D ... Hi my name is Alison and I am a shopaholic

It was a lot bigger in person than it looked like in the catalog. I was even excited that they added an herb stripper to the kitchen shears. I love to grow herbs. Last year at my HWC fundraiser I did the Mini-Caprese sandwiches. I had forgotten to get my basil and in front of my guests I walked to my front porch and snipped the basil right off my plants. I have rosemary, chives, a 4-foot bay tree and chocolate mint right now. I need to go to the nursery to get some parley, sage, basil etc. Glad I didn't rush this year because it has been cooler than normal this year.

I am trying to grow fresh herbs this year for the first time. The herb keeper is what inspired me!! I figure it will be neat to take to shows and tell me those are "MY" herbs in there, ha!:D

I Have Been Using Mine At The Show To Hold The Green Onions For The Jerk Chicken Salad. I Fill To The Water Line And Have It Sitting On My Table. When I Am Ready To Add The Onions, I Go Over The Aspects Of It. I Have Had A Couple Of People Who Are Really Interested In It And Had Pre Ordered It. The Lid Is The Best Thing For Measuring.

I Love Mine!!!!!I had cilantro in it for 2 weeks. 2 WEEKS!!!! The cilantro looked as good as the day I bought it...except for missing the stuff I cut off to use. I actually wasted money buying cilantro becasue I was CERTAIN the stuff in my keeper was not still going to be good when I needed it. The stuff I bought and left in its bag was rotted...and the stuff in the keeper was still good!

I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!

Robin

I grow and use herbs all the time. One will not be enough, I wonder if I could buy the herb keeper in bulk?

Wow! That's impressive about the cilantro. I love the stuff, but I waste it all the time because it goes rotten so quickly usually. I can't wait to put the herb keeper to the test. I will definitely need more than one of them!

I bought a big bunch of asparagus, more than we could quickly use, and it kept fresh in the keeper for at least a week without getting limp at all. I wouldn't just think about marketing it to gardeners--people who don't garden and want fresh herbs have to pay through the nose for them at the grocery store, why not make that investment last a little longer? I had some store bought basil in it for about a week before it got icky.

I wasn't all too sure about the Herb Keeper until I experimented with some cilantro. Amazing!

Ok, so now I'm getting excited. I usually keep my veggies fresh by covering them with tinfoil and thin putting them in a ziplock bag. So, if I can fit it into the herb keeper, then it keeps them that much more fresh?! Yeah! I now have a way to sell this tomorrow nite at my show!

I grow some fresh herbs- If you have an herb garden, not too much reason to put them in the herb keeper- much fresher just to walk out and cut some fresh!

But... For people who buy herbs at the store (sometimes I get parsley/cilantro/basil, etc during the winter), it would be great. Promote it so the extra herbs you don't use in your recipe won't go to waste, or to save money by keeping stuff fresh during the winter.

1. Is the Herb Keeper really worth the price?

It ultimately depends on your personal needs and preferences. However, many customers have found the Herb Keeper to be a convenient and effective way to store and prolong the freshness of their herbs.

2. How long do herbs stay fresh in the Herb Keeper?

The Herb Keeper can keep herbs fresh for up to 2 weeks, depending on the type of herb and how frequently you open the container.

3. Can I use the Herb Keeper for any type of herb?

Yes, the Herb Keeper is designed to accommodate a variety of herbs, including parsley, cilantro, basil, and more. It can also be used for storing asparagus and other vegetables.

4. Does the Herb Keeper require any special care or maintenance?

No, the Herb Keeper is dishwasher safe and does not require any special care. Just make sure to change the water every few days to keep the herbs fresh.

5. How much water should I put in the Herb Keeper?

The Herb Keeper has a water fill line that indicates the maximum amount of water to add. It is important not to overfill the container, as this can cause the herbs to become soggy and wilted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pattikake
  • chefkeri
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
LoriLions
Replies