• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is the FB Group Boosting Training Motivation for Cluster Members?

In summary, the conversation was about using a private Facebook group as a way to communicate and motivate team members. The person who started the conversation shared that they have been posting "look who's gone green" and "look who's training" posts in the group and how it has been successful in motivating their team. They also mentioned that they have started posting monthly recognition in the group as well. Some of the challenges discussed were how to ensure that all team members see the posts and how to get team members to join and check the group regularly. The conversation ended with some team members sharing their own experiences with using Facebook and other methods of communication with their team.
Sheila
Gold Member
I know I've mentioned it, but I have a private FaceBook group just for my cluster where I post booth opportunities, cluster updates, important announcements, etc.

So I recently started posting "look who's gone green" and "look who's training" posts and listing who's doing what each week. Since I'm no longer in Okinawa with them, I'm also posting monthly recognition there too.

Last week's "look who's training" post had one girl and a couple of courses that she took. This week's post has FIVE girls training (11 courses total).

And 4 of the 21 girls are already green for the month.

I guess having their name on the FB group is apparently motivation! :D

I love it!!! :party:

Consider your idea stolen...and maybe this will help put more green into my team!:party:

I love the idea too! I just need to figure out how to set up the group on FB!!!!!

Steal away girls! :D

Do you link their names to ensure it shows up on their wall as well?

I tried originally, but it limits you to how many you can link in a single post and I couldn't get them all to fit ... So I gave up on that idea.

Sheila said:
I tried originally, but it limits you to how many you can link in a single post and I couldn't get them all to fit ... So I gave up on that idea.

What do you do then to notify them that it's been posted? I'm afraid my team might not bother to look unless it's right in front of them.

As the administrator, anything I post goes in their status update thread. I've made every one of them an administrator too. So anything anyone posts goes on everyone's updates. Of the 21 in my downline, 18 have joined the group. They didn't all check it at first but they seem to be checking it now. Especially the ones who want booths. They are afraid that they will miss a post, so some of them check it several times a day now! LOL

Sheila said:
As the administrator, anything I post goes in their status update thread. I've made every one of them an administrator too. So anything anyone posts goes on everyone's updates. Of the 21 in my downline, 18 have joined the group. They didn't all check it at first but they seem to be checking it now. Especially the ones who want booths. They are afraid that they will miss a post, so some of them check it several times a day now! LOL
My understanding was that with a Group, it didn't go into status updates...and I am the administrator of mine, and no one was getting my posts. Maybe it's because you made them all administrators? Hmmm, I don't know though, because the posts weren't going to my status updates either. It's why I stopped using the group to communicate with my team - it was one more thing to have to check.

Maybe I just need to give them a more compelling reason to check.

I'm their FB friend too. Maybe that makes a difference?

Great idea Sheila. I do the training and gone green recognition via a newsletter, but love the idea of the FB group instead. It would streamline and make things easier. I think it's because you made them all administrators? I have a group page for the team too, but they have to click and see if there are posts. Only 1/3 of my team are on FB though....I'm still trying to get some teammembers to get an email address and others to actually check their emails on a frequent and consistent basis! lol

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Great idea Sheila. I do the training and gone green recognition via a newsletter, but love the idea of the FB group instead. It would streamline and make things easier. I think it's because you made them all administrators? I have a group page for the team too, but they have to click and see if there are posts. Only 1/3 of my team are on FB though....I'm still trying to get some teammembers to get an email address and others to actually check their emails on a frequent and consistent basis! lol

That is SO true! I have a couple of younger consultants (early 20's) that the ONLY way they seem to communicate is through texting. They don't check FB, and they don't check email....and those are the primary ways I communicate with my team!

Chefbeckyd said:
That is SO true! I have a couple of younger consultants (early 20's) that the ONLY way they seem to communicate is through texting. They don't check FB, and they don't check email....and those are the primary ways I communicate with my team!

That's why I just changed my phone plan to get unlimited texting. That and my hosts who are that way. Who knew I'd be a texter!

Chefbeckyd said:

Yes....and you can only text so much! lol How can you fill them in on EVERYTHING via text!?! Some are phone phobic while others only want a call...Then I have a new group of only Spanish Speakers....so I'm having to do New Consultant Training in English, and another in Spanish...the Cluster meetings have been fun and interesting as I'm having to do Bilingual...the group has been awesome and totally getting into it...some are actually getting familiar with spanish so they're loving it...I'm not complaining...it's been a challenge, but fun to see it grow...I'm still figuring it out. lol

I prefer email and the group page too...but it seems like I have to work with what I have. I determined though....I WILL make them internet/email savvy. ha ha

Beth....I feel like I'm learning all over again. I got the Sprint Evo..certain to make my life easier...I say HA! It's touch screen and it takes me FOREVER to type a text message! So many user error issues. I'll get there eventually, right? In the meantime, I'm trying not to hang up during my call and figure out how to get voicemails that apparently don't necessarily come to my phone....sigh...yup, helping me big time. :)

Becky & Laurie: Just text them a message saying "I just sent you an e-mail that you need to read"
roflmao2.gif

Well, the team is up to 7 Cooking Shows & 3 Catalog Shows submitted thus far and 7 of the 21 are active now. 1/3 of the month is over and 1/3 of the team is active. 5 of the 9 lines are active but only 1 of the 4 SC lines are active so far. Team sales are already at $4,840.63.
thumbup.gif

... Come on 2nd SC line ... LOL

Sheila said:
Becky & Laurie: Just text them a message saying "I just sent you an e-mail that you need to read"
roflmao2.gif

Well, the team is up to 7 Cooking Shows & 3 Catalog Shows submitted thus far and 7 of the 21 are active now. 1/3 of the month is over and 1/3 of the team is active. 5 of the 9 lines are active but only 1 of the 4 SC lines are active so far. Team sales are already at $4,840.63.
thumbup.gif

... Come on 2nd SC line ... LOL

LOL....it's sadly funny because I have caught myself doing that! lol Even worse when I'm trying to text in Spanish with my English dict promptly words!

Congrats on the stats....there's plenty of time for that second SC line....it'll happen! =)

I'm hoping my team kicks out $12000 JUST in case that structure falls in place for that 3rd generation recruit. Not sure if that's going to happen! :bugeye::sick: She's currently at 4 direct, 1 SC!! Wahoo.....I have her gunning for the 2nd line by the 16th.

(((fingers crossed))) I hope it happens for you girl!

* * * * U P D A T E * * * *

This week's e-mail showed 5 girls & 18 courses! :D

That's awesome!

My update....tomorrow is my 3rd gen's 30th day. She meeting with the lead to see if she's signing tomorrow. Since all 6 are in their 30 days the chances of all of them submitting a show is high. But I don't think I'll hit the $12000 in organizational sales. BUT it's still cool to know that I was able to help a recruit make D in 30 days! :D

Congrats Laurie!

1. How can I stay motivated during training?

The key to staying motivated during training is to set realistic goals and track your progress. It's also important to find a form of exercise that you enjoy and mix up your routine to keep things interesting. Surround yourself with a supportive community and remember to celebrate your achievements along the way.

2. What are some tips for overcoming training plateaus?

Plateaus are a natural part of the training process and can be frustrating. To overcome them, try changing up your routine, increasing the intensity or duration of your workouts, or incorporating new exercises. It's also important to listen to your body and make sure you are giving it enough rest and proper nutrition.

3. How do I stay motivated to train when I'm feeling tired or unmotivated?

On days when you are feeling tired or unmotivated, it's important to listen to your body and take a break if needed. However, if you still want to push through, try setting smaller, achievable goals for your workout and focus on the sense of accomplishment you will feel afterwards. It can also be helpful to have an accountability partner or join a group fitness class for added motivation.

4. What role does nutrition play in training motivation?

Nutrition is a crucial aspect of training motivation. Eating a well-balanced diet with plenty of protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats will provide your body with the fuel it needs to perform at its best during workouts. It's also important to stay hydrated and fuel up before and after your training sessions.

5. How can I stay motivated to train long-term?

To stay motivated for the long haul, it's important to have a strong support system and remember your reasons for wanting to train in the first place. Set realistic and achievable goals, track your progress, and celebrate your achievements along the way. It's also important to find a form of exercise that you enjoy and make it a regular part of your routine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Sheila