• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Case of the NASA Astronaut Charged With Attempted Murder Fascinating?

In summary, an astronaut has been arrested and charged with attempted murder of a woman she saw as a romantic rival. This is the first time an astronaut has run afoul of the law.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I know we don't usually discuss current events here that are unrelated to TPC, but I just have to ask - is anyone else here fascinated by this case? Navy Capt. Lisa Nowak, a NASA astronaut, has been arrested and charged with the attempted murder of a woman she saw as a her romantic rival for a fellow astronaut. As far as I know, this is the first time an astronaut has run afoul of the law.

Astronaut Charged With Attempted Murder

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/02/00/20070206065409990005
(A much better photo of her than her booking photo that you're seeing on the news right now.)

It's kinda like a car wreck - you know you should just drive past and not look but you can't help yourself. What a story!

OMG - I know - I have been reading about it all day -- she has a husband and three kids of her own!!! What a sad sad case. Her poor family.

This kind of thing goes on all the time, but the details of this case are just so...BIZARRE! To drive 900 miles? Wearing a...well, that's what I mean. There's just so MUCH in this case! This is a made-for-TV-movie waiting to happen.

The man they are fighting over is the first astronaut from Alaska so this has been ALL over our local news. I for one am a little tired of hearing about it....

I have been reading about this too. I was shocked. I do not know why, but I just never expect an astronaut to do anything like this. I guess I should never be surprised about anything.

I wonder if she wil be kicked out of the space program now. That is just a terrible way to throw your career and family away. I wonder what the man has to say? I have not seen anything with a response.

She's history - so is he - as is the other woman. You'll see 'em all on tabloid television soon enough - I bet dollars to holes in a donut that Nowak shows up on Oprah with weeks, portrayed as the victim in all this.

This is exactly why I DON'T watch the news!!!

Must be the lack of air in space....

Ruins the reputations of the good ones, especially those who gave their lives for the program, one went to my High School in Racine.

My first question when I saw this on the morning news was "What happened to the psych evaluation?" Very twisted, indeed!

I grew up in Houston and my family lived there for 25 years. I lived next door to this gentleman
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/about/people/orgs/bios/coats.html
and went to two launches where he was the commander. I was even in the family section once and the press wasn't allowed in - kinda cool for a 12 year old! Anyhoo, this has nothing to do with this thread other than I feel very close to NASA and what it stands for. I mean, I drove past Jonson SC pretty much every day of my life for 20 years!

It's very sad. It's one of those stories that just seems to keep getting more and more bizarre.

I have decided Nasa got the opportunity to play the Beverly Hillbillies in space. This is the stuff you hear about on TV...ironically, we are.

Are telling me that if NASA Astronauts get a divorce, they're still cousins? :eek:

It's such a crazy story but I didn't know she was married as well! WHat?:eek: It has been ALL over our news because she's in jail (well not anymore) an hour from here!:rolleyes:

Wow. I don't have tv and don't watch the news (long story) so I thought my hubby was pulling my chain at lunch today when he starts telling me this really weird story.....that's not really a story apparently. :eek:

My mom read somewhere that she even wore a diaper on the ride down b/c she did not want to have to stop for the bathroom! I wonder if that is true?

I agree to wanting to know what happened to her psych evaluation!!!

jrstephens said:
My mom read somewhere that she even wore a diaper on the ride down b/c she did not want to have to stop for the bathroom! I wonder if that is true?

I agree to wanting to know what happened to her psych evaluation!!!

Yep - I read that as well.

That's just gross! A woman with her kind of education (not to mention family) should know better!! I have a WHOLE bunch more to say...I just cannot articulate it right now for shock!

We've all been a little nuts at one time or another over someone of the opposite sex (or same sex if you float that way), but come on! Seriously, how could she have slipped passed NASA!! Someone who would react like that should have stood out like a kidney bean on a pile of rice!

Related to Is the Case of the NASA Astronaut Charged With Attempted Murder Fascinating?

What is "the Adventures of a Space Cadet"?

"The Adventures of a Space Cadet" is a science fiction novel written by acclaimed author, John Smith. It follows the journey of a young space cadet named Jack as he navigates through the challenges of space exploration and encounters various alien species.

What age group is this book suitable for?

This book is suitable for readers of all ages, but it is primarily targeted towards young adults and older readers who enjoy science fiction and adventure stories.

Is this book part of a series?

Yes, "The Adventures of a Space Cadet" is the first book in a series called "Galactic Explorer". There are currently three books in the series, with more to come in the future.

Can I purchase this book in physical form or is it only available as an e-book?

This book is available in both physical and e-book formats. You can purchase a physical copy from various bookstores or order it online, or you can download the e-book version from popular e-book retailers.

Is there a movie adaptation of this book?

At the moment, there is no movie adaptation of "The Adventures of a Space Cadet". However, there has been talk of a potential film adaptation in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • The_Kitchen_Guy