• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is She Really Adding Jewelry to Her Already Busy PC Business?

In summary, the best performer on my little team e-mailed me that she has signed with a jewelry company and of course invited me to her kick-off show. She says she's not leaving PC, just adding jewelry to PC along with her FT job and 2 small kids. She said she's been thinking about it since before conference. I know there are some difficulties in the home situation so I think she may be trying to get the financial resources to leave her husband. I'm a bit disappointed that she never mentioned the jewelry thing at all until after she signed with the other company. Not even sure she has officially signed yet.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
The best performer on my little team e-mailed me that she has signed with a jewelry company and of course invited me to her kick-off show. She says she's not leaving PC, just adding jewelry to PC along with her FT job and 2 small kids. She said she's been thinking about it since before conference. I know there are some difficulties in the home situation so I think she may be trying to get the financial resources to leave her husband. I'm a bit disappointed that she never mentioned the jewelry thing at all until after she signed with the other company. Not even sure she has officially signed yet.

She's done well with building a PC biz from nothing. After her kick-off show, I thought she would never qualify and she's about to reach her $15K career sales at her 1 yr mark. I just think there's not enough time to do both jewelry and PC well. At conference she was the one in our room who brought jewelry to go with every outfit, so I understand the interest in it. She said the commission is fabulous, but I haven't found out the details of what she has to pay for. Oh well, will get over my bruised feelings and go on.

Give her your support from a distance. Keep her in the loop but don't fall over yourself in an effort to help her--with either business. If you love the jewelry, buy some - but if not, let others support that business.Direct sales is not a place for feelings to be bruised or buoyed - it's just numbers and timing. Move on to the next recruit lead and keep your chin up - not turned sideways looking at her. SW to the 6th...
Some Will
Some Won't
So What
Someone's Waiting
So - Who?
Seen What's new???

I understand the appeal of wanting to offer a variety of items and the temptation of more money with a second DS. But I think it's really hard when you're dividing your time and energy on more than 1. Plus, how to stay on top of both? It's too bad she didn't confide in you, but may end up deciding that PC is the way to go after she experiences the other. Keep me posted....I see quite a few going the jewelry route, but it's too expensive and much of it is costume. I'm curious to see the profit once all costs are deducted. =) Everyone has to eat, but not everyone needs to accessorize. ;)

It's important to find your niche....

I was just reading about Premier. They are attractive with their 50% commission, but what they don't mention is all that the consultant has to pay for the hostess to get their benefits and the $395 fee you have to pay every year to remain a consultant and that you have to pay for all of your samples (they encourage you to start with $1000).
I agree, just be encouraging.

Becca, we had a gal in our group that was doing TW and PC at the same time. She did well with both because she needed too. If this gal is working her butt off for money and getting a specific goal, she could do well. Our gal did it and she was doing real estate full time while that was still a booming business too! I am not quite sure what Scott was saying about supporting her but you will not want to change your support of her as needed with her PC business. If the day comes for her to choose one or the other, your continued support of her with PC maybe the deciding factor. Never give up until the recruit does! You would not want your director to do that to you if you had to decide to do something else too to support yourself right?

Last edited:
I know a lot of people who are in 2 direct sales businesses. My friend who sells PC just signed with TS while we were at an event for PC. She also has 2 kids and a demanding FT job. I know she can do it, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I myself was thinking of signing with Longaberger because there has been a lot of talk in my circle lately about it and no one knows a consultant so I thought why don't I sign so I can feed my addiction? It would have been more on the back burner and not something I would openly promote like I do with PC. I was talking to my Arbonne friend and she said that Longaberger has a non compete from the get go. Plus, my ED would like me to promote to director (I don't even have 1 recruit) and I couldn't be a Longaberger rep anyways.

I look at it this way... kitchen tools and jewelry are two different things. If she has the drive then she will succeed at both. I'm sure she won't be leaving your team.

They are, in fact, 2 different things.

I sold jewelry and when I added PC I didn't see myself as adding jewelry. I found out in very short order that I could not work 2 businesses successfully.

BUT that is me. I work a full-time job. Your consultant may be different. Or she may realize that one business resonates more with people than the other.

I found out very quickly that jewelry was a luxury and kitchen tools were a necessity. So did others, apparently. That company is now out of business.

Thanks everyone. I'm concerned for my person b/c she always seemed to be spending whatever she made on PC. She way overbought S/S catalogs but thankfully sold a lot to team members. She seemed to always be buying products or putting together little shows and using the host benefits plus going out of pocket. Hearing what Premier charges their consultants makes me more concerned that she's not really going to net any money. Well, we can't go into someone else's wallet to stop them from spending. Of course I'm not going to stop supporting her. She went to Director Express (she didn't learn anything she hadn't heard at conference). I think maybe there's a bit of disillusionment/frustration with PC since her only recruit still hasn't qualified and a couple of Sept. shows cancelled. Plus the stresses in her personal life perhaps have her grasping at something to make life better.

Becca, I know how that goes. I have not been doing well at all with PC and I believe I have tried just about everything short of a frontal lobotomy to get my mojo back. Again, I know it is all about my attitude. I would be concerned a bit with her as well now that I heard what you said about her possible disillusionment with PC. I too have a recruit that signed the end of June and one show, that's it! But I can not run my business based on her. I need to worry about my own stuff and right now, well, it is in the toilet. You sound as if you have strong business. Worry about that. Like I said earlier, worry about supporting her when she asks and believe me, the spending sprees will stop as she will realize that she is spending far more than she is making. If she does not, her tax guy certainly will let her know! In fact, I learned this a while back. To the point that I have only spent $49 on new catalogs and did NOT spend money on new products as I simply can not do it! She will learn. And she may resent it if you decide to say something about how she spends her money. Just hold tight and lend a hand when it is wanted. That is really all you can do. If you hold meetings or your upline does and she attends these, maybe a little talk about how to control your money flow as a consultant would be a good topic for discussion at a meeting.

Thanks, John. That is very helpful. I have said things in the past to her about not spending too much on biz supplies. I tell all my new people that it's about making money and not spending money. I can be overbearing - can you imagine? ;) I will not bring that topic up again. I really like the idea of having that be a topic for a team meeting. My director has been hot with recruiting so the new people could probably benefit from spending 15 min. on how to manage ordering new biz materials. Good for you for not spending on new Fall products. In my opinion there was nothing this fall that was "must have."

I really want you to get your mojo back. I rented a table at a mall a couple of weekends ago. People were so surprised to see PC there. I swear that if you sit in a mall all weekend with an apron on (not paying for a table or anything), you would make some contacts. You just have to be sure not to cross the line of soliciting or breaking other mall guidelines.

1. What kind of jewelry does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality, affordable jewelry pieces including necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. Our jewelry is made with high-quality materials and comes in a range of styles to fit any taste.

2. Is the jewelry sold by Pampered Chef only for women?

No, Pampered Chef offers jewelry for both men and women. We have a selection of jewelry pieces that are specifically designed for men, such as cufflinks and personalized bracelets.

3. How is jewelry related to cooking and kitchen products?

Pampered Chef's jewelry line is designed to complement our cooking and kitchen products. Our jewelry pieces feature kitchen-inspired designs and themes, making them the perfect accessory for any home cook or food lover.

4. Are the jewelry pieces from Pampered Chef suitable for everyday wear?

Yes, our jewelry is designed with both style and practicality in mind. Our pieces are perfect for everyday wear and can easily be dressed up or down for any occasion.

5. Can I earn Pampered Chef host rewards by hosting a jewelry party?

Yes, hosting a jewelry party is a great way to earn host rewards and discounts on our jewelry line. You can use your host rewards to purchase your favorite pieces or to stock up on Pampered Chef's cooking and kitchen products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • cookin to the top
  • General Chat
Replies