• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is San Antonio, TX a Good Place to Move to?

In the winter, it will generally stay in the 40's or 50's, but can drop as low as the 20's. It is coldest in Feb. Pretty much everywhere in the San Antonio area has a humid subtropical climate. So it doesn't really matter where you are, you will get the same weather. :)Thanks for the question!
heat123
Silver Member
Hi anyone from or know about SA living? My husband wants to move out of CA and into TEXAS (cheaper cost of living and he love's TX where his mom is from) and our freinds are moving there soon we think? I know nothing will be the same as CA but can anyone tell me the weather through the seasons?

I heard there was a Sea world and 6 flaggs there so that's good to hear. Any other amusement parks for kids besided a zoo?
I told him I'd like to find out everything about this place before we would actually consider moving anywhere!
TIA

There's the Riverwalk, the Alamo, and not too far a really great waterpark, Schlitterbaun. We go there on vacation alot. I'm sure Debbie can tell you more.

heat123 said:
Hi anyone from or know about SA living? My husband wants to move out of CA and into TEXAS (cheaper cost of living and he love's TX where his mom is from) and our freinds are moving there soon we think? I know nothing will be the same as CA but can anyone tell me the weather through the seasons?

I heard there was a Sea world and 6 flaggs there so that's good to hear. Any other amusement parks for kids besided a zoo?
I told him I'd like to find out everything about this place before we would actually consider moving anywhere!
TIA
DebbieSAChef lives in San Antonio.

I've been to that city a couple of times. It's beautiful in January and the Riverwalk is awesome!

pamela said:
There's the Riverwalk, the Alamo, and not too far a really great waterpark, Schlitterbaun. We go there on vacation alot. I'm sure Debbie can tell you more.

The Schlitterbaun was rated one of the 10 Best (I think it might have been #1!) Water Parks in the USA by the Travel Channel.

San AntonioOh how I love San Antonio!! We have so many things to do for a family!! Here is a website to help you find out more about the city!
The cost of living is certainly cheaper here but the quality of life is not!!
Not such a big city feel. We do have a lot of construction going on right now but in a couple of years our highways will flow nicely without the congestion. Although our traffic is nothing like Dallas or Houston!! :eek:
I remember getting caught in that traffic in Dallas and Houston and was getting claustrophobic!! LOL

Anyway here's some links and if you have any specific questions, just let me know. I live on the NE side of town.

http://sanantoniotourist.com/attractions.cfm

SAN ANTONIO TEXAS GUIDE

San Antonio Travel Guide - San Antonio, Texas Events, Attractions, Packages & More

Debbie :D

Thanks for the links Deb, can I ask what is the weather like summer and winters are my main concern mostly?

Well, I live just down the road from Debbie and can talk about the weather. It is pleasant. We get HOT summers and mild winters. This summer was very different from normal summers. We got alot of rain this summer which kept the temp relatively low (upper 80s low 90s) most of the summer. In the winter we will get a few brutal days, but they don't last long. The lowest it will get is in the 30s, but typically stays in the 40s or so in the winter. It is coldest in Feb (I have noticed anyway). It is really nice out here. If you all are looking to move out here I would recommend looking on the opposite side of town from the Sea World. The construction out that way is IMPOSSIBLE! People are having to move further and further out to find an affordable space and the roads haven't caught up yet. Up north closer to where Debbie and I are the houses are priced reasonable and the traffic isn't so bad. If you do an internet search on the area I am in Cibolo and Debbie is in Kirby. Check out those areas.

Weather
heat123 said:
Thanks for the links Deb, can I ask what is the weather like summer and winters are my main concern mostly?

Well let me tell you that this summer has been extremely mild compared to most of the summers here in San Antonio. Summers are pretty hot but this year they were bearable!! We in San Antonio usually don't expect to really get outdoors in the summer, until fall/winter weather comes around. Although I am a native San Antonian and am used to the heat! To better answer your question, the temp is usually in the upper 90's and in the 100's during the summer. But like I said this summer was very mild.

Winter consists of cold fronts. We usually don't have a real winter like other people. Last time it snowed was in 1986. Winters are pretty mild at around 40-50 degrees and freakish cold weather will be early 20's, or early 30's, but like I said it's because a cold front has hit.

Well we are definitely use to the hot summer days of 90-100s here in SD but the winters are slightly less mild at 60-40s at lowest at night time. Sounds like SA is somewhat similar to our climate. what about spring -80ish?

We'd definitely have to visit first cause I really hate the thought of leaving my home town of SD! 20 min away from the beach, 45 min away from the snowy mtns. and 1.5 hours away from the deserts! Can't beat that!

ps. what is your terrain like? we did visit Dallas and noticed how extremely flat it was there (we are soo used to hills and mtns around here) . are there any moutains in this area?

It is more hilly here. The funny thing about Texas is there is part of every region here. We have beaches, dessert, mountains, hills, flat land. There is a little bit of everything here. However; San Antonio is more or less flat with some hills. It kinda depends on what part of the city you are in. The ground is full of limestone and other rocks so it is rocky out here.

I live in SA as well. I've only lived here 6 years though. In regards to traffic, I live in the North Central part of SA and although there is some construction in the area, traffic is not bad at all in my area. Traffic throughout the city is nothing like it is in Dallas or Houston.

In terms of weather, the Spring and Fall is just beautiful and end very enjoyable weather. Summer's are hot and humid and the Winter is bearable. I moved here from Guam (tropical island living all year round) so I was really trying to avoid anywhere that had bad Winters.

There is a lot to do here. The links Debbie provided are great. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Ü

I lived in SA for a short stint...I was in the Air Force - Basic Training. Fortunately I went through in January/February (turned 21 in basic. woohoo) so I was lucky not to endure the sweltering summer heat. One of my former AF buddies lives in the SA area and I went to visit her a few years back. I love the area and have often thought of "transplanting" there in the future.

As for the cost, I have found that what you guys there call expensive housing isn't even close to what us westerners/coasters (metropolitan areas especially) pay. My brother lives in Round Rock and his house (nice one too) cost about 1/3 of what ours was (fixxer-upper). I am not trying to sound rude and I hope it doesn't come across that way. What I am trying to say is my friend was complaining about the cost of gas in Tx and I had to laugh when I told her that we were paying about 40 cents more a gallon here.

The cost of houses is what I referring to as far as cheaper! We looked online at these gorgeous, bigger, newer homes and they were 1/2 the price as what we paid for our slightly smaller but huge fixer home in La Mesa CA. My DH wants to be able to take our equity and buy a house outright and not have a huge monthly mortgage and property taxes suck! What is gas in TX anyways? I thought we had high prices until I went to Chicago and found out their was even more expensive! Yikes!

Today at the right place you can get it for $2.59. Most places are at $2.63 or so. That's my area of SA.

It's nice out here. Slower (and to me at least) safer feeling. We moved back to be closer to our family. The home prices have gone up quite a bit, but compared to other areas especially CA they are still very good. I think it is growing up too fast though. I'd like to see some of the building stop. They are ripping away alot of the beauty of the area to put up more houses or strip centers :grumpy: :yuck: .

Yes Visit First
heat123 said:
Well we are definitely use to the hot summer days of 90-100s here in SD but the winters are slightly less mild at 60-40s at lowest at night time. Sounds like SA is somewhat similar to our climate. what about spring -80ish?

We'd definitely have to visit first cause I really hate the thought of leaving my home town of SD! 20 min away from the beach, 45 min away from the snowy mtns. and 1.5 hours away from the deserts! Can't beat that!

Yes it's definitely a great idea to visit first! That way you can find out about this city first hand. I always feel completely lost in other cities, even with a map. There's no place like home! I guess other people might feel the same way about SA but to me it's a great place to live. My kids and I recently joined this homeschool group that mails stuff about our cities and states to each other. After doing that, we researched our place a little better and appreciate it more!

If you are in town, please look me up. You can look any of us SA gals up. We should get together for dinner or lunch or something. Keep us posted!
And if you decide to live here, well that will be nice! Sandra and I still have to get together for something other than vendor booths!! :rolleyes: :eek:
Not that it wasn't fun, but I would love to get together with other cheffers over FOOD to pick their brains and talk about PC, family stuff and life!! :)

Chef Kearns said:
Today at the right place you can get it for $2.59. Most places are at $2.63 or so. That's my area of SA.

It's nice out here. Slower (and to me at least) safer feeling. We moved back to be closer to our family. The home prices have gone up quite a bit, but compared to other areas especially CA they are still very good. I think it is growing up too fast though. I'd like to see some of the building stop. They are ripping away alot of the beauty of the area to put up more houses or strip centers :grumpy: :yuck: .
I hear ya on that, DH said San diego used to be beautifully prestine, no traffic etc. Now everywhere you -looks homes are being built on every empty hill side around here and traffic is becoming horrendous:grumpy: ! He says if it ever becomes an LA we are out of here for sure!

Gas prices are slightly higher here by maybe 10c. I think I payed $2.74 for my last tank of gas.

Last edited:
heat123 said:

TIA
Hey Heather (I'm finally back on CS for a little bit!),
I've only been to Dallas in TX (for Leadership), but a friend of mine (actually my ex boyfriend from h.s./college!) is wanting to move out to SA from AZ with his wife and new baby. Her family is from there and they'd love to move out there once they sell their house in AZ. Sounds like a fun place to investigate!! Good luck with the research!:D

My grandparents went to the orignal Schlitterbahn when they were dating as kids - I went to the one in Galvaston last year and LOVED it!

pamperedbecky said:
Hey Heather (I'm finally back on Chef Success for a little bit!),
I've only been to Dallas in TX (for Leadership), but a friend of mine (actually my ex boyfriend from h.s./college!) is wanting to move out to SA from AZ with his wife and new baby. Her family is from there and they'd love to move out there once they sell their house in AZ. Sounds like a fun place to investigate!! Good luck with the research!:D
Yeah, as soon as our freinds move we were thinkin of visiting them next!

I live near Dallas but two places I would like to live besides this area would be SA or Austin

We'd love to have you
Kathytnt said:
I live near Dallas but two places I would like to live besides this area would be SA or Austin

We'd love to have some new cheffers in town! So look us up and we can get together for dinner or lunch or something!!!

I heard Austin was nice too, is it similar to SA?

You'll love it here! Unless of course you are allergic to the sun.(lol)

I'm from San Antonio. I've been here for almost 5 years. The military brought my family here. I used to be in the Air Force and I got out a year ago to be a SAHM. Now we're moving to Italy! Dont know when because DH has to do some additional courses before we move out there. I'm excited! So now we're patiently waiting for our orders and sell our house! We should all definately meet up for dinner or lunch!

Another San Antonio one here! It really is a wonderful place to live! Austin is great too! Housing is much lower here than most other places. Gas is doing okay. And there are so many things to do!
Good luck!!!

1. What are the top-selling products in San Antonio, TX?

The top-selling products in San Antonio, TX are the Quick Cooker, the Deluxe Air Fryer, the Rockcrok Dutch Oven, the Manual Food Processor, and the Garlic Press. These products are popular because they are versatile, easy to use, and make meal preparation faster and more efficient.

2. Are there any exclusive products available only in San Antonio, TX?

Yes, there are exclusive products available in San Antonio, TX. These products are typically themed around local flavors and ingredients, such as the Fiesta Dip Set and the San Antonio Salsa Mix. These products are only available for purchase in San Antonio, making them a unique and special souvenir for visitors.

3. Can I attend any cooking classes in San Antonio, TX?

Yes, there are various cooking classes available in San Antonio, TX. These classes are taught by Pampered Chef consultants and cover a variety of topics, from basic cooking skills to specific recipes. You can check the Pampered Chef website or contact a consultant in your area for a list of upcoming classes and how to sign up.

4. Are there any local events or fairs where I can find Pampered Chef products in San Antonio, TX?

Yes, there are often local events and fairs in San Antonio, TX where Pampered Chef products are available for purchase. These events are a great opportunity to see and try out products before buying, as well as to meet and connect with local consultants. You can check the Pampered Chef website or contact a consultant in your area for a list of upcoming events.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef party in San Antonio, TX?

Absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party in San Antonio, TX is a great way to get together with friends, learn new recipes, and earn free and discounted products. You can host a party in your home or virtually, and your consultant will take care of all the details. Contact a local consultant for more information and to schedule your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
camilleb
  • heat123
  • General Chat
Replies