• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is PC Losing Its Quality? Feedback from Friends

In summary, a group of friends have expressed their disappointment with the declining quality of products from PC, noting that they are not as durable as they used to be and are often made in China. They also feel that PC is simply re-releasing old products as new ones. This sentiment is shared by others who have returned items due to breaking or poor quality. Some customers have also noticed a lack of desired gadgets in the fall catalog. However, there are still some products, such as the food chopper and UM, that have been well received. It is suggested that these complaints be passed on to PC for consideration and changes in the future. It is also noted that perception can become reality, even if it may not be entirely true, as seen
Laura420
OK... I finally had a group of friends tell me that they think that PC isnt as good as they once were... :( That the newer products are lacking and are not the same quality as prior years. They said the reason you pay more for PC is that you expect great quality for the price, and are willing to pay for it too, especially with the added guarantees... but lately the products seem flimsy or are of poorer quality and it seems like the overall line is getting downgraded... :cry:

Now these girls arent hacks, meansprited or trying to hate on PC... they are (or were) PC addicts and are simply noticing the changes... they say they love the older products but are now a little wary of the new lines coming out. :confused: However, that didnt stop one of them from ordering the torte pan set. :balloon:

are you getting similar feedback? :eek:

Yes. I have also had several close friends and family tell me the same thing. They also said they are tired of PC redoing a product and introducing it as a new product. They were all disappointed in the fall catalog that came out. I was too to be honest. Most of it I didn't even order. I sent 5 items back to PC this past week that had broken or messed up that I have bought over the past year. Now, 5 years ago, that never happened. The only thing I have had to return in 5 years has been 1 stone that cracked. Latley, it seems like at least one return a month from me or a customer. I wish PC would get back to buying their products from America and stay away from China made products. Just my opinion

I have heard this as well. And most of my customers have said they like PC for the "gadgets" we sell (even though we're not supposed to call them gadgets) but lately, there is less of what the customers have expressed to me that they want to see.

I've had the same complaints.. Actually today someone remarked that our adjustable measuring spoons are more flimsy than before..

When you hear complaints like this, you should pass them on to PC (if you haven't already). They listen to us and our customers! If we make them aware of what people are saying, they can take these comments to their meetings for discussion and make changes in the future.:D

I was just fixing to say the same thing. Pass this onto the home office plus your sales division manager

I think it would also be helpful to know which products in particular they are talking about. That would lead to some good discussion on here as well. I don't see an overall trend, but I do notice some products.

A few things that they have made over that I really like are:

the food chopper
the UM
and I love the caramel glaze on the bamboo vs. the previous bare bamboo.

My adjustable measuring spoon I just don't like, didn't like the old one either. This is a personal thing though, I can't get liquids I've measured out to the bowl without spilling.

I think some things have gone down in quality too. If they hadn't of, we would not have so many stop sales and delays on so many things.

I dislike the new colander bowl material. too flimsy and dollar storish.
I don't like the new kitchen shears-dull
or the caramel on the bamboo spoons-coming off around the edges
or the new rotary grater, plastic thin and have cracked the handle that holds the cheese in plus it takes soo long since the shreds are soo little
or the oven mitts and pad---shrink way too much when washed. have had alot of people notice that
This is what I don't like and have costumers mention

One thing to keep in mind - perception becomes reality, whether true or not. As an example, in the 1970's, the perception was that Japanese cars were of higher quality than American cars - and at the time, it was true. Today, that is no longer true, in fact, it's hard to tell today what is a Japanese car because so many are built here. But the perception exists, and many people still believe Japanese cars are better than American cars, when quality statistics prove otherwise. Perception becomes reality.

the_kitchen_guy said:
one thing to keep in mind - perception becomes reality, whether true or not. As an example, in the 1970's, the perception was that japanese cars were of higher quality than american cars - and at the time, it was true. Today, that is no longer true, in fact, it's hard to tell today what is a japanese car because so many are built here.

But the perception exists, and many people still believe japanese cars are better than american cars, when quality statistics prove otherwise.

Perception becomes reality.

Amen!!!...

crissy11 said:
or the new rotary grater, plastic thin and have cracked the handle that holds the cheese in plus it takes soo long since the shreds are soo little
or the oven mitts and pad---shrink way too much when washed. have had alot of people notice that

They do? Oh I'm gonna get them then! I always thought they looked too huge for me to be comfortable with. :)

tabnat80 said:
Yes. I have also had several close friends and family tell me the same thing. They also said they are tired of PC redoing a product and introducing it as a new product. They were all disappointed in the fall catalog that came out. I was too to be honest. Most of it I didn't even order. I sent 5 items back to PC this past week that had broken or messed up that I have bought over the past year. Now, 5 years ago, that never happened. The only thing I have had to return in 5 years has been 1 stone that cracked. Latley, it seems like at least one return a month from me or a customer. I wish PC would get back to buying their products from America and stay away from China made products. Just my opinion

Do they not like the fact that PC is improving things in design and function or that it's being labeled as "new"? I like that they update and improve things. If they update things in a silly way that doesn't really seem like an improvement, then I can see how people would be bothered. As far as introducing new items, I can imagine how much pressure manufacturers and designers must feel. Doesn't it get hard to come up with new things every 6 months?

tabnat80 said:
They also said they are tired of PC redoing a product and introducing it as a new product.

I tell my customers up front tha tmany of the items will be brought back "redesigned," so they will not think I am deceiving them when I say it is being retired.

I can totally understand where they are coming from. When you think something is "retired/discontineud" you do not think that it will be back not that is is being redesigned.

babywings76 said:
They do? Oh I'm gonna get them then! I always thought they looked too huge for me to be comfortable with. :)

They are huge! I couldn't even used mine until I washed and dried it - so I am very thankful that they shrink! (and I don't have particularly small hands - I have long fingers!)

see, i LOVED how big the oven mitt and pad were then it went and shrank on me and i'm still happy but i wish it hadn't shrank.

KG, I tend to agree with you on your post about perception and hearsay... but, I dont think its just perception tho... If it were only a stray comment here and there, I would then agree that some people are just never happy... but when you hear it more often from those you trust... it makes you take pause. I do agree, with Jen, that the stop sells and multiple returns speak for themselves.

When you have to return a stone 3 times because it keeps breaking and/or cracking, thats a problem... or that the lids on the bowls are flimsy or ill shaped... or the grater that was thier moms lasted for years as opposed to the one they have and it doesnt grate that well and is much lighter... or the peelers that dont peel as well...

Like I said, the comments are not comming from haters but from fans of PC, and they are noticing differences in quality... PC has always been a highend product setting themselves above the rest. Customers have come to expect new, innovative products that are made of the finest quality. Isnt that why we believe and love the product line too?

Last edited:
princessmeshelle said:
see, i LOVED how big the oven mitt and pad were then it went and shrank on me and i'm still happy but i wish it hadn't shrank.

I thought the directions said not to DRY them. They are made of 100% cotton.. they are bound to shrink if you dry them! I've had mine for many years. I wash them and then lay them out to dry and they are the same size as when I bought them.

crissy11 said:

*I thought the same thing about the Colander Bowl set...I have a friend who works with plastics and he was shocked at the quality for the price. This is a high grade that is "supposed" to be flexible. It is a great value. I was thrilled when I heard that because my old PC colanders had pieces chipped away.

*The oven mitt and pads always shrank. I'm Happy, Happy, Happy with the new cranberry color that won't show all the stains.

*I am impatient with how slow the grater is, too. My husband and kids Love this new one much more...No issues on cracking...

* I do agree with you about the bamboo. I would rather have the unglazed look all over...

Like others said call Pampered Chef if you feel this way. They really do listen. I still think our product quality and customer service is way above anything you can find anywhere else.

Well, it happened...I have read this thread and thought "no one has really said anything to me about this yet, so I don't know..."...

Tonight, a customer called wanting to get a refund on her trifle..her lid didn't fit right (surprise!) and she was concerned about the "unsteadiness" of it on the base, etc. She spoke w/ HO about it already since she ordered it a few months back, but called me for a printed receipt to send to them...

I asked her further about the trifle bowl, if it was just the lid maybe they could exchange it for her, etc. She then said "I used to love PC products, but over the past couple years they have become so "foo foo" and fancy..not like the products I have loved in the past"...I immediately thought about this thread and my stomach sank...

Too bad, because she was an outside order from a book show and I was going to approach her about having a catty or home show next month, but not after that comment. I am very disappointed that I heard that come out of one of my customers. :cry:

Steph, I would still ask her. She is more than likely not talking about EVERY product, just some and would probably LOVE to earn the stuff for free that she can't bring herself to spend the money on it.

I am happy to hear that the new colander and bowl are good plastic b/c I like the old ones MUCH better.

I have so many people want the old style kitchen shears back!!

Related to Is PC Losing Its Quality? Feedback from Friends

1. What is "Not as Good as It Once Was..."?

"Not as Good as It Once Was..." is a phrase commonly used to describe a product or service that has declined in quality compared to its previous state.

2. Can you give an example of a product that is "Not as Good as It Once Was..."?

One example of a product that is "Not as Good as It Once Was..." is a popular brand of cereal that has recently changed its recipe and is no longer as flavorful as it used to be.

3. Why do products become "Not as Good as It Once Was..."?

There are a variety of reasons why a product may become "Not as Good as It Once Was...". Some common reasons include changes in ingredients or manufacturing processes, cost-cutting measures, or quality control issues.

4. How can I tell if a product is "Not as Good as It Once Was..." before purchasing it?

One way to determine if a product is "Not as Good as It Once Was..." is to read reviews from other customers who have recently purchased and used the product. You can also compare the product's current ingredients or packaging to previous versions, if available.

5. What can I do if a product I purchased is "Not as Good as It Once Was..."?

If you are unsatisfied with a product that is "Not as Good as It Once Was...", you can reach out to the manufacturer or retailer to voice your concerns and potentially receive a refund or replacement. You can also choose to stop purchasing the product and switch to a different brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Back