• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Pampered Chef worth the hype? My experience at a grand opening.

In summary, the website does not list prices, but the meals are expensive. The food is mediocre and the recipes are "safe." There are many complaints about the quality of the food.
heat123
Silver Member
Hey does anyone do these meals, if so are they affordable, expensive, dirt cheap or what? I was invited to a grand opening of a friends family so I was just wondering? The website doesn't list prices.:confused: Just wanted a heads up before going!

Overpriced. That's why PC came up with Power Cooking.

I use Dream Dinner Meals for busy week nights ends up being $4-5 per serving...you can break meals up into 3 or 6 servings. I think its a good way to incorporate variety into your diet.

It is alot to drop at one time. I mean you are doing that at the grocery store, but still. Go to the grand opening! It'll be fun. When they mention cooking the bread or whatever make sure that they say a Pampered Chef stone will brown it nicely (that's what a girlfriend used to do when she owned her store...within a year it was closed). I hate to say it, but I think the storefront idea for this was a fad. I think people started realizing that they can do it at home for a little less. And you're not lugging your cooler, filling it up and lugging it back home. The containers also take up more space than a freezer bag frozen flat.

It's expensive and the food is mediocre. The recipes are "safe" which translates (for me it did) into very little taste. Plus... I didn't like the quality of the food they provided. Cheap cuts of meat and canned creamed soups (to make casseroles). Nothing I couldn't do at home with friends. Plus, then I could control the quality of the food. I wasn't impressed and most certainly will never do it again. And ironically, everyone I know who has gone has said the same thing... fun night but they wouldn't go back. I'd be curious to hear how their repeat business is. Both also have cookbooks available of their recipes so you can do it at home.

finley1991 said:
It's expensive and the food is mediocre. The recipes are "safe" which translates (for me it did) into very little taste. Plus... I didn't like the quality of the food they provided. Cheap cuts of meat and canned creamed soups (to make casseroles). Nothing I couldn't do at home with friends. Plus, then I could control the quality of the food. I wasn't impressed and most certainly will never do it again. And ironically, everyone I know who has gone has said the same thing... fun night but they wouldn't go back. I'd be curious to hear how their repeat business is. Both also have cookbooks available of their recipes so you can do it at home.

I went a couple of times to help assemble dinners for a friend dealing with cancer. I was very disappointed with the quality of the food. "egg product" in a carton, and the other things Colleen mentioned.
Around here, it seemed like many of them sprung up at the same time, but most of them have since gone out of business.

seemed overpriced to me for the quality and quantity of food.

I agree with Becky and Colleen. I went twice while we were building our current house and living in a small rental with no dishwasher and very little kitchen space. It was great to serve that purpose, but it was quite expensive and there were many things I would have never put in my own recipes, like dark chicken meat, high fat hamburger, etc. Egg product in a carton doesn't bother me, but I don't use it at home. There weren't quite enough foods that my kids would eat, either.

I did a private party at Super Suppers for our women's group from church. I was NOT impressed. I kept thinking the whole time that it wasn't really saving me anything...I don't mind shopping for my ingredients, or chopping them up. My daughter does my clean up :thumbup: so that's not an issue either. (Those are all the selling points they kept repeating.) There were just TWO entrees out of the 7 I did that I would have liked to have the recipe at home. They sell a cookbook so I'd be better off just spending my money on that!!

I won't do it again. But two ladies that went keep raving about it. They don't like to cook and work full time so I guess the time saved is worth the cost.

hmm good to know thanks for your input!
My SIL goes and loves it! She splits it with her neighbor and they love the food I guess and said it was reasonable cost? So will see? It's Dream Dinners actually but I gather Super Suppers is the same concept.

I have heard people who enjoy Dream Dinners or My Girlfriend's Kitchen. They like that it costs less than going out to dinner and that they feel like they cooked something.Everyone I know who cooks AT ALL, though... not so much. The same - overpriced per portion, not enough control over menu, something you could have done yourself for a fraction of the cost, big outlay at once (the ones with prices I had seen you had to get at least 6 dinners for 4 or 12 for 2 - yikes!)I recommend the book Once a Month Cooking - I have made several of our family favorites as "make aheads" but this book gave me more ideas for freezer friendly options.I'm excited about the PC Power Cooking show - I have raved to all of my friends about "investment cooking", and now PC has it already ready to go. Have you noticed that people trust recipes that are "officially" PC more than any others you could do? It feels more exclusive to the show and another reason to come.

I did 3 monthly sessions at Dream Dinners when they opened here about a year and a half ago. Spent a lot of money and decided after 3 months that we wouldn't do it again. My hubby went with me (and step-son once) and it was a lot of fun though!

Like others have already said, it is expensive. I actually enjoy grocery shopping and since I have been using The Grocery Game I could prepare the same meals for WAY less! Dream Dinners packages most of the meals in double ziplock freeer bags and we would routinely forget to pull something out to defrost so it would add time to the preparation.

For example, on their menu this month they have a "Chocolate Raspberry Torte" that serves 6-8 and costs $16.79! Their average price on a 6 serving dinner this month is $25.50. Some of the 6-serving meals really only fed our family of four and 2 of us don't eat that much really.

The meals were so-so in taste. The first month we did it I made one of the meals twice, because it sounded so good! It was chicken with sun-dried tomatoes and something else. Anyways-it was terrible-salty beyond belief! I cringed because we had 2 of them too!

I love the Power Cooking recipes form PC that we have tried and hope we come out with more. Hoping the next set of recipes will include chicken for some more variety.

They don't have Dream Dinners or Super Suppers where I'm from (Vancouver, B.C.), but there is a company that does the similar thing called the Carefree Chef. My sisters' and have been meaning to try them out for a while. Their prices seemed reasonable and their menu was varied.

There is also a cook book called "The Big Cook" that has freezer recipes (over 70 of them!). Not only do they list the ingredients for 1 meal, but do the math for 4, 6 and 8 meals. I've done a few and my family liked them. I was going to incorporate a few of the easier recipes into a "power cooking" show, along with the PC recipes for variety.

I really like the PC Beef Stroganoff recipe, my kids liked it too so it's a keeper.

Linda

What is The Grocery Game????

Update... we went to the grand opening and I have to say I wasn't all that impressed with the FREE meal they sent us home with (crusted pecan chicken) but my mom and aunt booked a show-party so I will go again, try the free sample and the appetizers they have and will order 1 month and split it with my cousin. Since DH gave the thumbs up on the chicken I brought home.

There were 18 ladies who signed up for the club though so it was quite popular with this particular crowd~

My mom loves the whole concept and so does my aunt, which is why they are hosting their own show! I could take or leave it though. The host (my freind) from that night earned $100 in FREE entrees though! Sweet deal for her!

Related to Is Pampered Chef worth the hype? My experience at a grand opening.

1. What is a "Dream Dinner" or "Super Supper" with Pampered Chef?

A "Dream Dinner" or "Super Supper" with Pampered Chef is a customized cooking experience where you can choose from a variety of recipes and ingredients to create a delicious meal for a group of people. It is a fun and interactive way to prepare a meal and learn new cooking techniques.

2. How many people can participate in a Dream Dinner or Super Supper?

A Dream Dinner or Super Supper can accommodate 8-12 people, depending on the size of your kitchen and dining space. It is a great option for hosting a dinner party or gathering with friends and family.

3. Do I need any cooking experience to participate in a Dream Dinner or Super Supper?

No, you do not need any cooking experience to participate in a Dream Dinner or Super Supper. Our consultants are trained to guide and assist you throughout the entire cooking process, making it easy for beginners and experienced cooks alike.

4. Can I choose my own recipes for a Dream Dinner or Super Supper?

Yes, you can choose from a variety of recipes and ingredients to customize your Dream Dinner or Super Supper. Our consultants will work with you to create a menu that fits your preferences and dietary restrictions.

5. How much does a Dream Dinner or Super Supper with Pampered Chef cost?

The cost of a Dream Dinner or Super Supper varies depending on the menu and number of guests. Our consultants will provide you with a price quote based on your specific selections. Hosting a Dream Dinner or Super Supper is also a great way to earn free and discounted products from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
vhadley
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • ChefgoesPamperedChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks