• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My First Attempt at a Short PC Product Video Good Enough?

"Originally Posted by Keith I just wanted to make a quick post about something that has been on my mind lately. Recently, I've been wanting to do some recipe demo videos to share online. Obviously, I can't do this if I'm not allowed to mention The Pampered Chef by name or show any of their products. I've been looking for a way to work around this, and I think I've come up with an idea that might work.I'm going to try and follow the suggestions on "content" I found on CC with mild references and attempted product placement. I'll post a link to the videos on my private Facebook page, and if anyone has any questions they can email me at that
Barry Carlton
The title is my main question. Secondary is content. I have several super tips like this that can (or not) feature/mention PC products. Many are under 2-3 minutes like this one. Some are closer to 10-15 min. I know the sound was low (don't know how to fix that. Keep in mind this was my very first attempt at something link this to be uploaded.http://www.facebook.com/video/editvideo.php?v=1655969731530#!/pages/Barry-Carlton-your-Pampered-Chef-Consultant/130299197028584

The link only brings me to the main "video" page of facebook.
I do know this - any video, whether marked private or not, can SHOW the tools, can mention the tools by name, but you cannot under any circumstances mention that you're a consultant or your personal website.
For example, you cannot say "the Pampered Chef mix n' scraper", you can only call it a "mix n' scraper". You know what I mean?
The only place we're allowed to advertise consultant status online is via statuses and profiles on facebook. Videos are too widespread (even if it is uploaded to FB) and cannot contain that information.
My NED uses videos to help train us, here's a link to how SHE does it to not break rules.
YouTube - TheAllstartraining's Channel

I'll try again
http://www.facebook.com/video/editvideo.php?v=1655969731530#!/pages/Barry-Carlton-your-Pampered-Chef-Consultant/130299197028584
or

YouTube - Super easy parmesan salad baskets

It looks great! No lines crossed whatsoever! In fact, the "Pampered Chef 8" saute" (or however you said it) is probably fine also.

I'm trying to find a thread where LeftyMac (Keith) posted about how he was wanting to do some recipe demo videos to share online. He wrote about what exactly he was wanting to do and what HO's response was to him. Wish I could remember what the title of the thread was...

I dont think there is a problem with mentioning the fact that it is pc product. As long as your not selling directly on the web or saying your website or that you are a consultant.

babywings76 said:
I'm trying to find a thread where LeftyMac (Keith) posted about how he was wanting to do some recipe demo videos to share online. He wrote about what exactly he was wanting to do and what HO's response was to him. Wish I could remember what the title of the thread was...

My idea is to follow the suggestions on "content" I found on CC with mild references and attempted product placement.

Here is the post from LeftyMac that I think was being referenced above - very helpful - thanks Leftymac!!

"Originally Posted by leftymac
Here is the email I sent to them, along with their answers next to my questions.

My question is, what constitutes "Pampered Chef® Content?" I am interested in developing my own online cooking show, not for the purpose of selling products, but for the purpose of sharing the love of cooking. My intent is to place these videos on youtube and share them on my private Facebook page. Seeing as my kitchen is full of Pampered Chef products they would be used in the video. I do not plan to include a link to my personal website in the videos, but would invite viewers to email me with any questions.

Because of this, I have several questions:

1) Am I allowed to mention that I am an Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef®? - You are not permitted to reference The Pampered Chef in the video. However, you must state that you are an an Indepedent Consultant.
2) Am I allowed to mention the products I am using by name? - You are not permitted to mention the products by name
3) Am I allowed to say "If you would like more information about the recipes I have made or the products I have used, please email me at "? - Yes, you may provide your email address
4) Are the videos, as I have outlined above, even allowed? Videos are allowed, but they must be generic in nature and may not include reference to The Pampered Chef.
5) Per the policy, what constitutes "Pampered Chef® content? Pampered Chef content is anything related to The Pampered Chef. You many not mention the company by name, not can you wear/include Pampered Chef logo apparel, including but not limited to aprons, hats, shirts etc."

I believe Keith's email to HO was BEFORE the new policies with FB were set into place. Not sure though.

ShelbyMichalek said:
I believe Keith's email to HO was BEFORE the new policies with FB were set into place. Not sure though.

That's what I'm thinking, too. Maybe this needs to be addressed with HO again now that we are allowed to post on Facebook.

Actually, I think it was after the new policies were in place. Thanks for finding that julmarsala! :)

Yes Keith's post was just this fall.

Yes, Keith's post was with the current Media Policies. If you read through the thread with his post, you'll see the conversation about this.

If in doubt, as HO. They're fairly quick to respond back to you. The PG does specifically address videos as well, although it does refer to YouTube, not FB.

But I would say just email HO. You'll get an official answer.

1. Did I cross any lines by asking personal questions?

It depends on the context and the relationship between you and the person you asked. If the person seemed uncomfortable or hesitant to answer, it may have been crossing a line. It's always important to respect people's boundaries and privacy.

2. Can asking for someone's opinion be considered crossing a line?

It depends on the nature of the question and the person you are asking. If the question is intrusive or offensive, it may be considered crossing a line. However, if you are genuinely seeking someone's opinion and they are comfortable sharing it with you, it may not be crossing a line.

3. Is it crossing a line to share personal information about someone without their consent?

Yes, it is generally considered crossing a line to share personal information about someone without their consent. It's important to respect people's privacy and not share information that could potentially harm or embarrass them.

4. Can crossing a line be unintentional?

Yes, it is possible to unintentionally cross a line. Sometimes, we may say or do something without realizing that it could make someone uncomfortable or violate their boundaries. It's important to apologize and make amends if this happens.

5. How can I know if I have crossed a line?

The best way to know if you have crossed a line is to pay attention to the other person's reactions and body language. If they seem uncomfortable, hesitant, or offended, it may be a sign that you have crossed a line. It's always best to apologize and ask for clarification if you are unsure.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom