• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Snowing Tonight? Preparing for a Snowy Evening in NC!

In summary, there is a lot of anticipation for snow in various parts of the US. Some people are excited about it while others are dreading it. Many people are preparing by stocking up on supplies like bread, milk, and toilet paper. Some have been lucky this year with little snow, while others are hoping for a big storm before spring arrives. There are also concerns about driving in the snow and how it may impact events and activities. Overall, the perception of snow varies depending on where you live and your experiences with it.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Im on the coast of NC and we are expecting a couple inches - maybe - tonight....which means bread, toilet paper and milk today because we will be shut down tomorrow. DH and I are used to the stuff after living in NoVa for 10 years so we just sit back and laugh - I swore when we moved back here I never wanted to see another flake but I am kinda excited....and probably a good thing that school is already closed on Monday (MLK Day) because they'd probably close it anyway! :D

I dont know if we're getting snow, I havent turned on the tv yet today! But we've been lucky so far this year...but I would like one big storm and then I am ready for springtime!

We are expecting snow today too. It's already freezing rain here. I ran to the store this morning for more milk (DS drinks it like crazy these days) and few other things since I was there, ran into several neighbors too. My show for today is cancelled :cry: I hope to reschedule her for next weekend. And I'm worried about tomorrow's show too :cry: :cry: . On the bright side, DS is very excited and is already getting all of his supplies ready to build a snowman.

No snow but it's in the single digits here. BRRRR!!!

it has been snowing for over an hour here. but it hasn't started to stick yet. It was really warm yesterday and it rained all morning. Linday sorry about your show!! My show last night had to reschedule too. Sick child. Good luck for tomorrow. It is supposed to be sunny.

We aren't supposed to get snow today, but we just had 26-28 inches in two days this week, so I need a break! I think it may be coming back as soon as tomorrow. Anyone want some? I'll share!

The white stuff has been falling here for a few hours. I went to the bank and store and had such a great time driving in it. I love the 3D effect!

I just hope the roads do not freeze tonight. I have a show tomorrow that is probably 40 miles away.

Lisa

just started here in central VA! I hope it does more than just snow, then melt...my kids would like to play in it, not just see it!

Snow is falling here in North Carolina! We are supposed to get 1-2 inches. We moved from Massachusetts almost 2 years ago, and I hav to admit it is pretty outside right now. I miss the first big snowstorm of the season up north. But I do not miss having the snow on the ground the entire winter! I enjoy being able to be outdoors throughout the winter here in the south.

Snowing here in Mebane NC. I have to admit it's pretty but I don't like snow.

Got to love it! A little snow and some places shut down. It was -23 this morning when we left the house and the stores were busier than usual! :) A lot of people shopping for food for the game tomorrow though!

janetupnorth said:
Got to love it! A little snow and some places shut down. It was -23 this morning when we left the house and the stores were busier than usual! :) A lot of people shopping for food for the game tomorrow though!

perception is everything isn't it???!!!!

chefmeg said:
perception is everything isn't it???!!!!
We are amused every winter - even the THREAT of snow shuts everything down and the stores have no water, milk, bread, etc. lol

I have to say that WE avoid being out there too - too many people have no clue how to drive in it and they don't prepare the roads like they do in WI. When we lived in West LaFayette, Indiana we couldn't believe it there either - they didn't clear the roads and things were a mess! They are not that far south!

it's really coming down now!! not sticking, though...:cry:

which I guess is good since DS has a b'ball game at 5:30

We had tiny flurries for about a half hour today; I'm glad that was all!

We haven't seen any yet but a little further north has been getting it for at least an hour. Apparently those south of us as well.

It snowed here for about 5 hours today. There is still some on the ground, but a lot of it is already gone. I just hope it doesn't turn to ice overnight and cancel my show tomorrow afternoon.

pamperedlinda said:
It snowed here for about 5 hours today. There is still some on the ground, but a lot of it is already gone. I just hope it doesn't turn to ice overnight and cancel my show tomorrow afternoon.

I hope you don't have to cancel again! That's the way my Dec went; only 2 of my cooking shows held due to snow.

We finally got snow!! Yippeeee!! It has snowed off and on all day... starting sticking around 3. We went out around 4 to play... my kids had so much fun, and of course me and hubby did too. We are suppose to get more tonight!:balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

We did. I just did a thread with pics in it:D

I was laughing about how people just go about their business on snowy days like today here in Lake Affect Snowy West Michigan. I was really hoping the stores wouldn't be busy, but they were. There were some school activities cancelled around here, but plenty of bread and milk in the stores.
A friend of mine from Nashville had just moved here and was experiencing her first snow on a day we were getting together with the kids. She called and said "are you still having it?" I laughed, but apologized. I told her to just drive slower.

Related to Is It Snowing Tonight? Preparing for a Snowy Evening in NC!

1. Who is getting snow today?

The areas that are forecasted to receive snow will vary depending on the current weather patterns. It's best to check your local weather forecast to see if snow is expected in your area.

2. Will my order be affected by the snow?

Our shipping and delivery may be delayed in areas with heavy snowfall. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

3. How can I stay updated on the status of my order during snowy weather?

You can track your order using the tracking information provided in your order confirmation email. If there are any delays due to weather, we will also notify you via email.

4. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party during snowy weather?

Yes, we offer virtual party options that are perfect for staying warm and cozy indoors during snowy weather. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

5. Is it safe for me to drive to a Pampered Chef event during a snowstorm?

Your safety is our top priority. If you are unable to safely make it to a Pampered Chef event due to snowy weather, please contact your consultant to reschedule or explore virtual party options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
Back