• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Normal for Stonewear to Have Uneven Surfaces?

In summary, it is normal for stoneware to develop slight dips or unevenness with use and this is due to the natural materials it is made of. If you have any concerns, please contact our Home Office for further guidance. Thank you for choosing Pampered Chef!
Becky0216
I have the Large Pizza stone with handles and When I first got it, the surface was smooth (rough to the touch though) Now That its been used a few times it is slightly dipped in places. You don't notice with your eyes, but when you feel it, you can tell easily. Is this normal for stonewear?

Also, for those who have the SA circle platter. Does that surface look smooth or does yours have a bit of uneveness in the middle?

Thanks for any answers. I would rather see if it is the norm before calling in to HO and waiting 3 hours.
Becky

I don't know about the stoneware, except that it is rough to the touch when you first get it. Mine always likes to take the fibers off my towels when I dry them (I know, I'm still trying to get used to the microfiber towels), I attribute this to a slight roughness that will go away as it seasons.

My SA round platter isn't even but barely noticable. They are hand crafted so you will get some defects in them. If you have the appetizer plate and caddy set sometimes the plates don't sit even or don't even fit. I had to return MIL's Christmas gift because two of the plates don't fit.

It's all normal. They are made of all natural materials and there will be variations.

OK, thanks. Thats why I came here first.

, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your pizza stone and circle platter. It's not uncommon for stoneware to develop slight dips or unevenness with use, as it is a natural material that can change over time. However, if you're concerned about the changes in your stoneware, I would recommend reaching out to our Home Office for further guidance. They will be able to provide you with the best solution for your specific situation. In the meantime, I would suggest continuing to use your stoneware as usual, as these changes should not affect the performance of your products. Thank you for being a loyal Pampered Chef consultant and customer!

1. What is "Question With Stonewear!"?

"Question With Stonewear!" is a question and answer website where users can ask and answer questions on a variety of topics, ranging from everyday life to more specialized subjects.

2. How do I ask a question?

To ask a question, simply click on the "Ask Question" button on the homepage and fill out the form with your question, along with any relevant details or tags. Then, click on the "Submit" button to post your question.

3. Can I answer questions on "Question With Stonewear!"?

Yes, anyone can answer questions on "Question With Stonewear!" by clicking on the "Answer" button below the question and typing in their response. However, we do ask that all answers are respectful and helpful.

4. Is "Question With Stonewear!" free to use?

Yes, "Question With Stonewear!" is completely free to use for both asking and answering questions. There are no hidden fees or subscriptions.

5. How can I search for a specific question or topic?

You can search for a specific question or topic by using the search bar at the top of the homepage. You can also use tags to narrow down your search results to specific categories or subjects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hathery
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
priscilla
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies