• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is It Just Me or Are Attendees Dropping Like Flies This Year?

In summary, there are a lot of people who have to find roommates due to last minute cancellations. Some of the people who have to find roommates have done so by combining the waves. There is concern that the number of cancellations will cause a sparcer crowd.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
An all the message boards & email loops there are cries out for roommates needed due to last minute cancellations - - wayyy more than I have ever seen in years past. My room is now down to 2 people due to a last minute cancellation as well.

Are ya'll noticing the same trend?

I made it clear that if they commited past June 15th they would be responsible to pay their part of the room even if they couldn't come. One did cancel but before the 15th so we didn't end up stuck. There were 4 of us with rooms and the other 3 didn't have anyone going so we kept one room and cancelled the other 3 and found a spot for the 5th person. I think we'll see a sparcer crowd than in the past - even combining the 3 waves.

I am staying with only one of my TL. We planned on just us two in the room ahead of time so we were prepared for the bill....we know that it will be much calmer with only us in the room together (bathroom, space issues, noise, etc). The rest of my team is commuting in daily (live only about 30 minutes away).

I would expect some cancellations, but there are WAY more than before!!

We just lost one from our greater cluster but it's because her grandparent is dying and she just has to stay. So sad. I wonder why all the other fallout is happening?

bethcooks4u said:
I made it clear that if they commited past June 15th they would be responsible to pay their part of the room even if they couldn't come. One did cancel but before the 15th so we didn't end up stuck. There were 4 of us with rooms and the other 3 didn't have anyone going so we kept one room and cancelled the other 3 and found a spot for the 5th person. I think we'll see a sparcer crowd than in the past - even combining the 3 waves.

Well yeah - that's just a given. I mean any year we have had last minute cancellations, they have always covered their share of the room cost - that's just common decency and is kinda understood (I hope?? worrying now...)
I'm just shocked at the sheer # of last minute cancellations we're seeing company-wide.

dannyzmom said:
Well yeah - that's just a given. I mean any year we have had last minute cancellations, they have always covered their share of the room cost - that's just common decency and is kinda understood (I hope?? worrying now...)
I'm just shocked at the sheer # of last minute cancellations we're seeing company-wide.

Not a given to a lot of people though. One year I had a consultant and her mother going but then at the last minute they canceled. I doubt we would have gotten a penny from them but fortunately we did find people to take the spots. Since that time I make it very clear that they're responsible and first timers have to pay part with their reservation and the rest by the 15th of June. They all understand fully now - I do make sure they understand the issues with the hotel not allowing cancellations after that date.

I'm lucky and the 3 of my consultants who are going (and have been in past years) are still going and we are psyched! I can't wait.

I have 2 going but we are staying at different hotels. My two are at the Sheraton and I'm at the Congress.I'm excited! I know some others who booked rooms in hopes that they would fill them and then weren't able to and now they are scrambling to get them filled. I have 2 others that really wanted to go but couldn't work it out with family/work schedules. Such a bummer for them!!! Hopefully next year we'll have a group to go!!!!

bethcooks4u said:
Not a given to a lot of people though. One year I had a consultant and her mother going but then at the last minute they canceled. I doubt we would have gotten a penny from them but fortunately we did find people to take the spots. Since that time I make it very clear that they're responsible and first timers have to pay part with their reservation and the rest by the 15th of June. They all understand fully now - I do make sure they understand the issues with the hotel not allowing cancellations after that date.

Yikes - I sure hope the gal who cancelled today understands that she really NEEDS to cover her share of the room. She's a fellow director, member of CS/DCS and we've been friends for almost 7 years. It didn't even occur to me to say anything like that b/c I just kind assumed. Bad me.

Being so close to Chicago has definate advantages...I have 5 going + me. I think 2 of us had full conference (last year's incentive) and 2 had discounted fees. One is registering at conference on Monday.

I have a director looking for a space at the Hilton for one person if anyone has room let me know i will pass on the info.

It may just be because everyone is going at once. Maybe that's why we keep hearing of the cancellations. I noticed that as well. It does stink when your room mates bail on you. We were not able to recoup and it really hurt the one lady who ended up with me at the Hilton (2/2). Thankfully, this year everyone is fully committed to go and so far hasn't encountered any last minute setbacks.

trps said:
I have a director looking for a space at the Hilton for one person if anyone has room let me know i will pass on the info.

Did you find anyone yet? I can pass this on to my cluster if she is still looking. I know some of our people still have room.

I have room for one at the Hilton Chicago 2/2~~

I will check can you send your info if you have room at the Hilton so I can give it to my NED.

trps said:
I will check can you send your info if you have room at the Hilton so I can give it to my NED.

Sent! Thanks so much!

Related to Is It Just Me or Are Attendees Dropping Like Flies This Year?

1. Why are so many attendees dropping out this year?

This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as conflicting schedules, budget constraints, or a lack of interest in the event's agenda. It's important to gather feedback from those who dropped out to understand the specific reasons for their decision.

2. How can we prevent attendees from dropping out?

To prevent attendees from dropping out, it's important to have a clear and engaging agenda, promote the event effectively, and offer incentives or discounts for early registration. It's also important to gather feedback from past attendees to understand what they enjoyed and what could be improved.

3. Is this trend common in the events industry?

Yes, it is not uncommon for events to experience a drop in attendance. Factors such as market trends, competition, and external events can all impact attendance rates. It's important to continuously evaluate and adapt your event strategy to stay competitive in the industry.

4. Should we cancel the event if attendees are dropping out?

Cancelling the event should be a last resort. It's important to first assess the reasons for the drop in attendance and see if any changes can be made to salvage the event. If cancelling is necessary, it's important to communicate this decision clearly and promptly to attendees and offer refunds if applicable.

5. How can we make up for the decrease in attendance?

There are a few ways to make up for a decrease in attendance. You can consider marketing the event to a new audience, offering virtual attendance options, or hosting smaller, more targeted events. It's also important to focus on enhancing the experience for those who do attend, as their satisfaction can lead to positive word-of-mouth and potential increase in attendance for future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • cookingwithlove