• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is HO Short Staffed? Slow Shipping & Holiday Delays | Home Office Layoffs?

In summary, there are some concerns about the delay in shipping and long hold times when calling customer service. Last year, shipping was fast but this year, it is taking five days for items to be shipped. Some speculate that this could be due to the current economy and possible layoffs at the Home Office. However, it is also noted that Home Office usually brings in extra staff for the holiday season. Some consultants have experienced quicker hold times when staying on the line instead of opting for a callback. Overall, it is acknowledged that Home Office works hard for consultants and customers, but there are some frustrations with the current delays in shipping and hold times.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Three hours for a callback.

Items taking five days to get shipped out, even at the beginning or middle of the month.

When I joined a year ago, shipping was lightening fast ... my friend entered her order on a Thursday and it showed up on her door on SATURDAY. I also was quite impressed with the direct shipping time for a friend who needed it in time for Thanksgiving.

I have 2 shows that are in danger of not closing out in time for Thanksgiving delivery which would not have been a problem last year.

Last year I believe they brought in extra people to help with the holiday rush. With today's economy, have there been layoffs at Home Office?

It just seems like I've been making excuses for them for a very long time ...

Hold times are always longer at the beginning of the week, so that's why there's a 3-hour hold time right now.HO does usually bring in additional staff for holiday orders, and they may be in training right now, which would explain the delay in shipping. As long as shows ship within 2 weeks of submission, they're on time.

On time, yes. I am just spoiled by their speediness in the past. I used to say, "they say two weeks but I've NEVER seen it take two weeks!"

Yes, HO doesn't lay off but they employ a lot of temp. workers. I'm sure they haven't cranked up for the holidays because we haven't where I am yet...Also, up here the flu is going around pretty bad...if they have anything like that...yuk!

Yep, the wait is now up to 4 hours. Mondays are the worst possible times to call unfortunately. There's not much they can do about it, but hopefully they'll do the Saturday hours this year as they have in the past. Hopefully that'll be starting up after Thanksgiving and will spread out some of the demand.

Just because it's taking 5 days for shipping, doesn't mean they are behind. HO works hard for us!

On the hold time, stay on the line, don't ask for a callback and I sometimes get through MUCH, MUCH quicker (within 10 minutes).

Usually it's much quicker. Last week I did that though when it said 2 hour call back time and I did wait on the line - it was 45 minutes but when I can do it, I definitely will. This morning I was doing too much running around to be able to wait on hold.

I truly hope when someone calls in as a customer, they don't get these same outrageous wait times!:yuck:

janetupnorth said:
On the hold time, stay on the line, don't ask for a callback and I sometimes get through MUCH, MUCH quicker (within 10 minutes).

Yep, I did this this morning around 11 a.m. central and was talking to a live person 7 mins later.

wadesgirl said:
Just because it's taking 5 days for shipping, doesn't mean they are behind. HO works hard for us!

If you read the Policies and Procedures, 5 business days is the guaranteed turnaround time. Anything sooner is a gift. I always tell my customers 2 weeks or less for shipping and I live 30 mins from HO. That way if it does take those 5 days, my host will have it within two weeks. If it comes sooner, it's a pleasant surprise.

DebbieJ said:
If you read the Policies and Procedures, 5 business days is the guaranteed turnaround time. Anything sooner is a gift. I always tell my customers 2 weeks or less for shipping and I live 30 mins from HO. That way if it does take those 5 days, my host will have it within two weeks. If it comes sooner, it's a pleasant surprise.

Exactly! I tell them 10-12 business days.

I would also imagine a lot of consultants (me included) closed shows before Saturday since it was the 15th of the month. Commission check before Thanksgiving!!!! Black Friday!!!! My guess.

pamperedbecky said:
Usually it's much quicker. Last week I did that though when it said 2 hour call back time and I did wait on the line - it was 45 minutes but when I can do it, I definitely will. This morning I was doing too much running around to be able to wait on hold.

I truly hope when someone calls in as a customer, they don't get these same outrageous wait times!
:yuck:

They do. Last week a customer had an issue and tried to resolve it herself but she called me because they said she had a 3 hour wait. I suggested she stay on the line and told her that often the call is picked up quickly that way but she said she did try that and hung up after 35 minutes. So, yes, customers are getting the same wait times we are.

I have had wonderful turn around on my shipping this month. It is completely blowing away my customers. I submitted a show the evening of the 8th and it was delivered on the 15th. Mind you it takes 4-5 days to ship to us. This has been typical for me all month. Host's receiving their product one week after their show.

I do however, tell my guest's and host's that they should have their product in about two weeks, just to cover all my bases. :)

pamperedpals said:
I have had wonderful turn around on my shipping this month. It is completely blowing away my customers. I submitted a show the evening of the 8th and it was delivered on the 15th. Mind you it takes 4-5 days to ship to us. This has been typical for me all month. Host's receiving their product one week after their show.

I do however, tell my guest's and host's that they should have their product in about two weeks, just to cover all my bases. :)

thats good to know that youve had that kind of month. i submitted a show today that i would LOVE to see here by thanksgiving (she lives far away from her family so it would be convenient for her to pass everything out at thanksgiving). if its been fast for you this month, hopefully it will be fast for me too.

I also just checked on-line and my adjustment that I sent in Saturday evening will be delivered this Friday. Wahoo! :D

Does anyone know how quickly suppliy orders are being filled right now? I have a couple of things I need ASAP... Of course I should have ordered sooner, but last week kind of ran away from me...

AnnieBee said:
Does anyone know how quickly suppliy orders are being filled right now? I have a couple of things I need ASAP... Of course I should have ordered sooner, but last week kind of ran away from me...

I order some items on 11/10 and had them on 11/15. Keep in mind it takes 4 days to ship to me.

Thanks for the info.

I'm lucky, I usually get things either the next day, or the day after that!!

Last year when I joined, the party I attended was submitted on a Thursday NIGHT. By Saturday morning (when I was at my "cook and book") she told me it was already at her doorstep. That was Oct. 28.So I am just spoiled by their speedy shipping. I just worry about turnaround for the holidays. I think they forget how many of our customers would like their items in time for Thanksgiving. I was just concerned that there may be some problems, since last year it was faster.

I submitted an order Nov. 10th, and received the first of two boxes on Nov. 15th. The second box was delivered on MONDAY which is the first time Fed-EX has delivered on a MONDAY, and took the time to ring my doorbell! I knew from the shipping tracking that
both boxes had been at the terminal on Sat. morning, so someone slipped up in not getting both delivered on Sat. I did not complain, and my reward was the unexpected delivery today, rather than tomorrow. Wonders never cease!

HO is dealing with a new computer system, so that explains waiting hours for a callback. But it doesn't make it easier, especially when the call back is due when I am supposed to be at work!

1. Is there currently a shortage of staff at Pampered Chef's Home Office?

At this time, there is not a shortage of staff at Pampered Chef's Home Office. We have a dedicated team working hard to ensure all operations run smoothly.

2. Are there delays in shipping due to the holiday season?

Due to the high volume of orders during the holiday season, there may be some delays in shipping. However, our team is working diligently to get your orders out as quickly as possible.

3. Have there been any recent layoffs at Pampered Chef's Home Office?

No, there have not been any recent layoffs at Pampered Chef's Home Office. We are committed to our employees and their well-being.

4. How long can I expect my order to be delayed?

The length of delay may vary depending on the specific circumstances. Please reach out to our customer service team for more information on your specific order.

5. Is there anything I can do to expedite my order during this busy season?

Unfortunately, we are unable to expedite orders during this busy season. However, we appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to fulfill all orders in a timely manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• D_Patel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefjulie_sc
  • rbvernon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pchefkristin