• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Chicken Cheaper Than Gas Now?

not too surprised - our gas prices have been going up and up recently, and I know a lot of people are feeling the pinch. :)
chefsteph07
I just called DH at work a few minutes ago to ask him to clean out the full size chicken I got for my demo tonight when he gets home (I'm supplying ingredients to do 30 min chicken)...

He just made a comment that he saw the chicken in the package in the fridge this morning and thought it was funny how a full size chicken is now cheaper than a gallon of gas...(price on chicken was $3.88) I said yeah, ya know, you are right....

well first off --- how nice of DH to clean it out!

secondly---you are 1/2 right---I shop at the commissary on base and everything is cheaper there! ;)

Yes, my dH knows he has to clean it, I can't deal w/ chicken guts! LOL
I saw you are angry...what is up w/ THAT???

chefsteph07 said:

Exactly. Why are you angry?

vwpamperedchef said:
well first off --- how nice of DH to clean it out!

secondly---you are 1/2 right---I shop at the commissary on base and everything is cheaper there! ;)

Depends on where the commissary is, too. :) Things are more expensive in our commissary than the commissary at our "old" base.:grumpy:

chefsteph07 said:

Girl, I am soooo with you on this!:yuck:

chefsteph07 said:
I just called DH at work a few minutes ago to ask him to clean out the full size chicken I got for my demo tonight when he gets home (I'm supplying ingredients to do 30 min chicken)...

He just made a comment that he saw the chicken in the package in the fridge this morning and thought it was funny how a full size chicken is now cheaper than a gallon of gas...(price on chicken was $3.88) I said yeah, ya know, you are right....

But did you ever try to push a chicken down a gas tank? That is very messy!;)

chefmeg said:
Girl, I am soooo with you on this!:yuck:

He just got done cleaning it, had to pull hairs off it and everything...ewww!!!
:yuck:

ChefLisa said:

I don't know...seems like we should try it if it's cheaper than regular unleaded! LOL

WOW my angry mood thing spark a lot of interest----I didnt realize---LOL Here's the scoop I just PM'd Steph---

I had a day from _ _ _ _. with Ned Stevens gutter cleaning. I had been on the phone all day---trying to get them to replace my gutter in the back (I have a cape cod) but the back gutter is in two pieces and they only replaced ONE! Basically its $225 for the first, $125 for the second! (in the front, it was $225 for the whole thing). Same size, but because it was in two, I have to pay extra! They basically told me I was in the wrong, and their customer service is for the birds! I wrote a letter, and I will mail it! I WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

I just got back from the gym, took a class called Zumba and used my pent up energy for the class! I am relaxed now!

So that was what was up with the angry---- YOU ASKED!

HA!

Don't mess with Vaness!!:D

ChefLisa said:

Lisa...this made me snort!

The milk prices are way up there too. We go through about 4 gallons a week. I need to just buy the whole cow.

JOKE

"My wife came home and asked me to take her somewhere expensive........

..............so I took her to the Gas Station

vwpamperedchef said:
WOW my angry mood thing spark a lot of interest----I didnt realize---LOL Here's the scoop I just PM'd Steph---

I had a day from _ _ _ _. with Ned Stevens gutter cleaning. I had been on the phone all day---trying to get them to replace my gutter in the back (I have a cape cod) but the back gutter is in two pieces and they only replaced ONE! Basically its $225 for the first, $125 for the second! (in the front, it was $225 for the whole thing). Same size, but because it was in two, I have to pay extra! They basically told me I was in the wrong, and their customer service is for the birds! I wrote a letter, and I will mail it! I WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

I just got back from the gym, took a class called Zumba and used my pent up energy for the class! I am relaxed now!

So that was what was up with the angry---- YOU ASKED!

HA!

Ah, took that awhile ago - had a thread about it. I'm SURE you relieved some stress there...

stacywhitlow said:
The milk prices are way up there too. We go through about 4 gallons a week. I need to just buy the whole cow.

Yup, bought a gallon today $5.89

I have a feel gas will be more expensive than a WHOLE LOT of things. Speculation is that it will go up to $7 this Summer and maybe even $10 by the end of the year. I hope not!! That is going to be the trick to making me shed the weight though as I will be walking everywhere.

If I walked everywhere I'd lose a ton of weight from the exercise and the lack of time to eat or prepare meals because of all the walking. :) I live 5 miles from town.

chefmeg said:
Lisa...this made me snort!

Oh my gosh- I snort, too! (snort!)
cat_happy_clapping_sm_nwm.gif

Hee-hee

Kodeysmom said:
Yup, bought a gallon today $5.89

OMG!!!!!!!
And I was pissed about $4.08 here!

janetupnorth said:
Ah, took that awhile ago - had a thread about it. I'm SURE you relieved some stress there...

THat doesn't sound like a fun experience! Our house has taken such a beating over the past few years that we had a Christain siding and roofing company come out last night- we need a new window, a new roof and new siding. I'm praying and believing that the insurance company will agree with us and the contractors... 5 or so years ago they didn't... But I now have mold and moss growing on my roof as a result of its age (21 years old) and the wet weather and I'm VERY allergic to mold!!!

dannyzmom said:
OMG!!!!!!!
And I was pissed about $4.08 here!

$3.59 here and I find that milk is always the cheapest at CostCo

Gas is about $4.08 here and for some reason I keep finding milk on sale between $2.69-$2.89. BREAD is what is way up here, about $1.50 a loaf, but there is a local bread outlet about 20 min from me where I go about once a month and buy bread for about $.50 a loaf, they also have buns, etc. So for about a months worth of bread I am paying about $6

Our gas is 3.95-3.97
Bread 1.97-2.48
Chicken I am not sute I haven't bought a whole one in a while i think $4-5

1. How much money can I save by using this chicken recipe?

The amount of money you can save by using this chicken recipe will vary depending on the current price of gas and the cost of ingredients in your area. However, on average, this recipe can save you around $5-$10 per meal compared to driving to a restaurant or ordering takeout.

2. Is this recipe easy to make?

Yes, this recipe is very easy to make. It only requires a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time. Even if you are not an experienced cook, you can easily follow the recipe and create a delicious and budget-friendly meal.

3. Can I use any type of chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chicken for this recipe, such as chicken breasts, thighs, or even a whole chicken. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the type of chicken you are using.

4. Can I make this recipe in bulk and freeze it for later?

Yes, this recipe is perfect for meal prepping. You can easily double or triple the ingredients and make a large batch to freeze for later. Just make sure to let the chicken cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in the freezer.

5. Can I substitute the spices in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely customize the spices in this recipe to your liking. You can add more or less of a certain spice, or even add in your own favorite spices. Just make sure to taste the seasoning as you go and adjust accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies