• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is BBQ Seasoning Mix & Sweet 'N Smoky Rub the Same?

In summary, the BBQ Seasoning Mix and the Sweet 'N Smoky Rub are two separate products with different ingredients and flavors. While the BBQ Seasoning Mix is a blend of spices commonly used in barbeque dishes, the Sweet 'N Smoky Rub has a sweeter and smokier flavor profile. Both products can be used on all types of meat, as well as vegetables and tofu. They do not contain any common allergens, but it is always best to check the label for any specific allergens. Additionally, the BBQ Seasoning Mix and Sweet 'N Smoky Rub can be used together to enhance the flavor of a dish.
batroark
Gold Member
Are is barbecue Seasoning Mix (found on p. 51 in the Casual Cooking Cookbook used for the sauces) and the Sweet and Smoky Barbecue Rub (used for the 10 min. Pork Tenderloin and other things) the same thing just named different?

I have a grilling show this Sunday, and the guy is wanting to cook chicken on the grill using the bbq seasoning mix found in the Sweet 'N Smoky sauce. I don't have either on, but was going to ask a fellow consultant if she did. Or, is there any substitutions for either?

The BBQ Seasoning is not exactly the same as the BBQ rub. It's an older product that was discontinued. But the Rub is probably an acceptable substitute. There is more salt in the rub, so if there is any other salt in the recipe, reduce or eliminate it.

Do you know if there is an acceptable substitution that can be purchased at the grocery store? That particular recipe don't call for any salt. And I don't know what else to do.

I don't know of any grocery store products that are the equivalent, but I've never looked, either. Sorry.

Contact the test kitchens and ask them.

Great idea! Thanks! I called and left my questions awaiting them to call me back.

1. Is the BBQ Seasoning Mix the same as the Sweet 'N Smoky Rub?

No, they are two separate products with different ingredients and flavors. The BBQ Seasoning Mix is a blend of spices and herbs that are commonly used in barbeque dishes, while the Sweet 'N Smoky Rub has a sweeter and smokier flavor profile.

2. Can I use the BBQ Seasoning Mix as a substitute for the Sweet 'N Smoky Rub?

Yes, you can use the BBQ Seasoning Mix as a substitute for the Sweet 'N Smoky Rub, but keep in mind that the flavors may be slightly different. It is always best to use the recommended product for the best results.

3. Are both products suitable for all types of meat?

Yes, both the BBQ Seasoning Mix and the Sweet 'N Smoky Rub can be used on all types of meat, including chicken, pork, beef, and seafood. They can also be used on vegetables and tofu for a vegetarian option.

4. Are there any allergens in the BBQ Seasoning Mix and Sweet 'N Smoky Rub?

The ingredients in both products do not contain any common allergens such as nuts, dairy, or gluten. However, it is always best to check the label for any specific allergens that may affect you.

5. Can I use the BBQ Seasoning Mix and Sweet 'N Smoky Rub together?

Yes, you can use both products together to enhance the flavor of your dish. The BBQ Seasoning Mix can be used as a base and the Sweet 'N Smoky Rub can be used as a finishing touch for an extra boost of flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl