• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Anyone Planting a Vegie Garden?

In summary, people are thinking of planting a variety of things, including tomatoes, cucumbers, lemon cucumbers, watermelon, beans, herbs, pineapple, raspberries, flowers, and vegetables. Some people are growing heritage varieties, while others are growing popular varieties like tomatoes, cucumbers, and lemon cucumbers. Some people are growing fruit trees, and others are growing vegetables. People are also growing radishes, corn, and bulbs.
Jo-la-la
I'm thinking of planting a few things. I think it would be fun, plus food is so expensive, maybe it would cut that cost.

What about all of you? And if so, what do you grow?

We will be doing one this yr again. My DH brought home lettuce onions, white and green. I think we will do beans again this yr and definitly tomatoes. We loves tomatoes here in our house and they are the best straight from the garden.

jennie4pc said:
We will be doing one this yr again. My DH brought home lettuce onions, white and green. I think we will do beans again this yr and definitly tomatoes. We loves tomatoes here in our house and they are the best straight from the garden.

Everyone says tomatoes right off the vine are amazing. I can't stand to eat to them! :yuck: but I love ketchup and salsa

I want to plant some lemon cucumbers and maybe watermelon.

I am thinking of doing a couple tomato plants in pots this year- that's as far as I'll go with a veggie garden.

Bucno Postcards or Flyers?I'm looking at kicking off a Pampered Chef Bunco in May..and want to make cute invitations to drop in the mail to a select group that I think would really enjoy the personalized invite, in addition to calls/emails.

If anyone has anything along these lines, I'd love to see!

My DH wants to plant an herb garden.

we are thinking of planting a pineapple. My sister gave us the idea when she was here visiting. You plant the top of the pineapple in a bucket or pot then put it in direct sunlight. He found info on the web

jennie4pc said:
we are thinking of planting a pineapple. My sister gave us the idea when she was here visiting. You plant the top of the pineapple in a bucket or pot then put it in direct sunlight. He found info on the web

ooh! That would be cool!!
I visited the Dole Plantation last year while in Hawaii. The lil baby pineapples are so cute! I never thought about it much, but the way they grow is pretty neat.
Hawaii2321.jpg

That's a trip! I have never seen them grow before!

I have some pots on my balcony that I grow some flowers and small veggies

Tomatoes, bell peppers (which don't do well here but I keep trying), chili peppers (do well, go figure), sweet potatoes, potatoes, Romano beans, various herbs. Cukes, and Kabocha squash. Mostly I grow heritage varieties, except for the "Whopper" tomato from Park Seed Co. New this year, trying raspberries for our climate. Always have 'pines'-pineapples, which are a biennial. Fruit trees too, looks like a good year for apricots but not nectarines. Peaches, not sure.

I wonder if I can grow pineapple here in Cali....

Depends where you live in CA. I'm in the San Fernando Valley, and have also grown them in Gardena. Winter they are covered up with a light plastic tent.

Christ Follower said:
I wonder if I can grow pineapple here in Cali....

I am going to try growing it here in Elko NV. When I questioned my sister she said on Ponpea sp? She said it was about 70-80 degrees there.

Great idea! We play Bunco every month in my neighborhood. Sorry no invites or such.

smilesare said:
I'm looking at kicking off a Pampered Chef Bunco in May..and want to make cute invitations to drop in the mail to a select group that I think would really enjoy the personalized invite, in addition to calls/emails.

If anyone has anything along these lines, I'd love to see!

Here's theone that I have.
Great picture Heather!

Attachments

• BUNCO PC INVITE.doc
    76 KB · Views: 193
  • BUNCO PC INVITE.doc
    76 KB · Views: 175
  • BUNCO PC INVITE.doc
    76 KB · Views: 200
I have about 18 tomato plants, 4 tomatillo plants, and 6 - 8 different types of pepers (jalapeno, green and a type similar to pablano).... Ate some peppers last weekend and yum yum.

The tomato plants just now started producing fruit and I am having a hard time waiting... I am one of those that loves home grown tomatos compared to store bought.

Chef Kimmo where are you at that you already have tomatoes budding? Lucky you!!!

I tried planting stuff last year and it all died. I think it was in too much direct sun.
My neighbors just planted a bunch of stuff from seed and they already have tons of sprouts! Radishes, corn, bulbs, I don't know what else. I'm jealous! haha! Thankfully, they've said they'll share their bounty!

I've got a half-dozen tomato plants, that's all. But I'm already planning to put in a "real" garden next year.

1. What are the benefits of planting a vegetable garden?

Planting a vegetable garden can provide numerous benefits, including access to fresh, organic produce, cost savings on grocery bills, and the satisfaction of growing your own food.

2. When is the best time to start a vegetable garden?

The best time to start a vegetable garden is typically in the spring, after the last frost has passed. However, depending on your location and climate, you may be able to start earlier or later in the year.

3. Do I need a lot of space to plant a vegetable garden?

No, you do not need a lot of space to plant a vegetable garden. You can use containers or small raised beds to grow vegetables in even the smallest of spaces.

4. What are some easy vegetables to grow for beginners?

Some easy vegetables for beginners to grow include tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, and herbs. These plants are relatively low maintenance and can be grown in a variety of climates.

5. How can I ensure a successful vegetable garden?

To ensure a successful vegetable garden, it's important to properly plan and prepare the soil, choose appropriate plants for your climate, and regularly water and maintain your garden. It may also be helpful to research companion planting and use natural pest control methods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dayna
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat