• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interested in a Cincinnati MnG this Fall?

In summary, raebates and The Furry Guy are planning to come to Cincinnati for a MnG. If anyone is interested in doing this, let them know. raebates is looking for people to come and help her plan and execute the event. There is a poll to see what people want to do. If there are no objections, Saturday, September 8th at 1p will be the date.

Cincinnati MnG in September - What is your preference?

• Sept 8 - Lunch

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sept 8 - Dinner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sept 15 - Lunch

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sept 15 - Dinner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sept 16 - Lunch

• Sept 16 - Dinner

• Total voters
We're leaving Friday morning. After checking the weather reports for this weekend, we've decided that a hotel is the way to go. We'll be at the AmeriSuites in Forest Park. Since we'll have a small kitchenette, I could bring something additional if you like.BTW, we're only paying $37 a night for our suite. I love priceline.com!

I was going to suggest that you do the hotel. If it isn't raining this weekend it will be unbearably HOT AND HUMID!!!

I'm still not sure what I'm going to make... I was going to grill, but for the same reason that I suggested you do a hotel... I don't want to be outside near a fire. I'll let you know or give you a call.

We could always do pizza. That's usually a crowd-pleaser, and everyone could chip in. With pizza (bread, veggies (at the very least you have the tomato sauce), and protein), chips (more veggies and/or grains (Fritos are made from corn, right?)), and sodas (everyone needs their minimum daily requirement of preservatives and sugars/artificial sweeteners), we'd have a really healthy, well-balanced meal. :)

Pizza sounds good to me too. Maybe a local pizzeria, since Rae and others might be out of town.

No shopping, preparing, cooking, less to worry about, less mess for us to clean up, and more time to Meet 'N Greet !!:D

I agree on the inspection.... no inpections from me either.... I like to get to know people, not what or where they live... or how much CHAOS they have going on... you should have seen my place last week, but then again I worked more than 70 hours and 3 days that week was gone from 7am to 10:30 pm (while my family was still using the house !!)

So I had a lot of CHAOS, mucho, mucho CHAOS !!..

Just coming to meet my friends and have a great time.

And what can I bring to help?

Just remembered (Duhh...) why I am on Chef Success in the morning instead of working....... My 3 year old is sick today with a virus that can last a few days. Hopefully, she will be fine by Saturday... We will see, so far I am still planning on coming.....

Or would you rather demo a couple of pizza's. Everyone could bring different ingredients and we could assemble the pizzas together and maybe make a dessert as well.

We could then also share show ideas. Could we call it a training session and the trip could be a right off..:rolleyes:

Was watching someone on TV make a quick pizza like we would make and I thought of us doing one. Kind of like a meeting where everyone helps and has fun. Just a thought.

Since we were raving about LaRosa's earlier on this thread (and we have one REALLY close), I'm thinking we'll do LaRosa's. They have GREAT salad also.
At this point, it is just me, Rae and Tina... so how about this...
I can make some garlic bread and a dessert
Rae can do chips/dip
Tina can bring drinks (I have milk, water and iced tea - maybe one or two 2-liters)...
Thoughts?

Great Idea. I am good with that.

Any thing in particular that anyone likes to drink?

I like vanilla creme soda and rootbeer so I will probably bring one of those. Maybe a Hawian Punch for the kids.

Anyone want Mountain Dew, diet something, coke vs. pepsi? Suggestions on another drink or two?

Last edited:
Sounds great!I'm a diet soda girl because of the diabetes. I'm not picky about my sodas, though, so anything diet will work for me. The Furry Guy isn't a soda or tea drinker, but don't worry about him too much. He usually drinks water. As a matter of fact, he carries a jug of water with him.Honestly, it's water. I mean it. Just water. :)

I had a GREAT time meeting you guys. Sorry we stayed so long Katie, but we had such a great time we didn't want to leave.

And Rae, I thought we had a lot in common. The Furry Guy is great too. Harmless, like you said. Love to see you again soon. I know I will see Katie again, but you are farther out.

We should have a local picnic or something every year. Sort of like a reunion... We could invite more local consultants and their families (especially the ones that call chefsuccess, 'that crazy little site', or 'that online thingy you do' )and have a family day.

Actually, we could do one next September and we could call it the 'second annual picnic'. What do you think? You guys open September 13, 2008?

I loved the fact that you guys were here so long... kinda proves that we have forged good friendships on this site that are not totally "work related" and that conversations can be had without our keyboards!

The "second annual MnG" idea is great. And next time we'll have to get more cheffers to come!

Great point. We had great conversations without a keyboard and didn't even wait for the reply to post before we answered each other.

And we did invite over 13,000 other cheffers and several thousand of them 'chose' to miss out. So we get to be the first official members for the unofficial Annual Cincinnati Cheffer Celebration.

I wonder what Rae and The Furry Guy are driving home with.... Elk? Bison? Antelope? Kangaroo?

Rae, you are going to have to post what you guys bought !!

If you are wondering what we are talking about... We will never tell....

(Edited to add: I hope this post doesn't sound mean, I was just playin')

Just kidding, they went to Jungle Jim's and who knows what kind of exotic meat they are taking home for dinner:yuck:

Last edited:
Tina, I felt the same thing. I'm up for a replay next year. I'll pencil it in for September 13. I just hope it's a little cooler and less humid next time. :)

I posted this on the hijacking thread, but I'll save anyone who's wondering from looking it up. We bought:

* Ground kangaroo meat (2 pounds)
* Aligator steaks (2 pounds)
* Five different kinds of olives (they have an olive bar with dozens to choose from)
* Three different cheeses
Sheep's milk cheese
Stilton with blueberries
White cheddar with porter​
* Six different fruits
Lychee
Rambutan
Quince
Kiwano Melon
Mamey Supote
Longan
* Mead infused with black raspberries
* Plum wine
* Lingonberries in syrup
* New Zealand honey

When we got home, we tried the fruits. We liked most, but the mamey supote tasted like paw paw mixed with melon--not good. And, while the kiwano melon tasted okay, it has a really odd texture--seeds in jelly. Again, not good.The quince was good, but really dry.

After that, we had a cheese, olive, and wine tasting. A couple of the olives we could have done without, but the cheeses and the mead were fabulous! The plum wine was okay. The little bottle we bought held about an ounce--just enough for a taste. I wouldn't refuse a glass, but it's not something I would order.

<h2>1. What is a Cincinnati MnG?</h2><p>A Cincinnati MnG, or Meet and Greet, is an informal gathering of individuals who share a common interest or connection. In this case, it would be a gathering of Pampered Chef consultants and their families in the Cincinnati area.</p><h2>2. When is the Cincinnati MnG taking place?</h2><p>The specific date for the Cincinnati MnG has not been determined yet. It will likely be in the fall, a few months after the original post was made. Please stay tuned for updates on the date and time.</p><h2>3. Where will the Cincinnati MnG be held?</h2><p>The MnG will be held at the home of the person who posted this message, about 30 minutes west of downtown Cincinnati. It will be a potluck-style dinner event, so attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to share.</p><h2>4. Can anyone attend the Cincinnati MnG?</h2><p>Yes, the MnG is open to any Pampered Chef consultants and their families who are interested in attending. Please RSVP to the post or contact the host directly to let them know you will be coming.</p><h2>5. Is there a cost to attend the Cincinnati MnG?</h2><p>No, there is no cost to attend the MnG. However, as mentioned, it will be a potluck-style dinner event, so attendees are asked to bring a dish to share. Any additional details or updates on potential costs will be communicated closer to the event date.</p>

Related to Interested in a Cincinnati MnG this Fall?

1. What is a Cincinnati MnG?

A Cincinnati MnG, or Meet and Greet, is an informal gathering of individuals who share a common interest or connection. In this case, it would be a gathering of Pampered Chef consultants and their families in the Cincinnati area.

2. When is the Cincinnati MnG taking place?

The specific date for the Cincinnati MnG has not been determined yet. It will likely be in the fall, a few months after the original post was made. Please stay tuned for updates on the date and time.

3. Where will the Cincinnati MnG be held?

The MnG will be held at the home of the person who posted this message, about 30 minutes west of downtown Cincinnati. It will be a potluck-style dinner event, so attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to share.

4. Can anyone attend the Cincinnati MnG?

Yes, the MnG is open to any Pampered Chef consultants and their families who are interested in attending. Please RSVP to the post or contact the host directly to let them know you will be coming.

5. Is there a cost to attend the Cincinnati MnG?

No, there is no cost to attend the MnG. However, as mentioned, it will be a potluck-style dinner event, so attendees are asked to bring a dish to share. Any additional details or updates on potential costs will be communicated closer to the event date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies