• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Indulge in Deliciousness: Share Your Fave Dessert!

In summary, the conversation is about favorite desserts for the current and past seasons. Some suggestions include peanut butter cup torte, truffle brownie cups, mint torte, lemon bars, apple crisp, pumpkin cake bars, marshmallow topped torte, summer berry shortcakes, strawberry amaretto pastries, warm nutty caramel brownies, and pina colada upside down cake. Some participants also mention a previous thread about desserts that best describe them.
heat123
Silver Member
I'm in the mood to make a new dessert tonight for a family dinner... what is your fave dessert, this season or last??? TIA!

I love the peanut butter cup torte. I love the truffle brownie cups. I like the mint torte, but that was in last fall. I'll come back to suggest more.

I started a thread way back when that was "what dessert best describes you?" or something along those lines... (it was quite the interesting thread!) LOL

What about Lemon Bars?
Apple Crisp- I have a recipe that is made with a shortbread type crust on top and is pretty yummy!
Pumpkin cake bars are always yummy, too!

JAE said:
I love the peanut butter cup torte. I love the truffle brownie cups. I like the mint torte, but that was in last fall. I'll come back to suggest more.

So the marshmellows are good with this?? It sounded interesting but I wasn't sure about marshmellows???:confused: I love them in smores or right off the fire plain, but anything else to me is questionable lol.

I like the lemon cakes and the summer berry shortcakes, too.

heat123 said:
So the marshmellows are good with this?? It sounded interesting but I wasn't sure about marshmellows???:confused: I love them in smores or right off the fire plain, but anything else to me is questionable lol.
I thought the same thing. Marshmallows? Eeww! But it was very good. Very rich. You may want to invite the neighbors over to help you eat it.

JAE said:
I like the lemon cakes and the summer berry shortcakes, too.

I thought about both of these too! We must be on the same wavelength lol!

JAE said:
I thought the same thing. Marshmallows? Eeww! But it was very good. Very rich. You may want to invite the neighbors over to help you eat it.

So I guess my ? about them is after they are heated in the oven, they melt so it's like the stuff you can buy in a jar (is it called marshmellow creme?) type consistency?

heat123 said:
So I guess my ? about them is after they are heated in the oven, they melt so it's like the stuff you can buy in a jar (is it called marshmellow creme?) type consistency?
Yes. I was worried about being able to feel the marshmallows, but I couldn't. You don't put the marshmallows in the oven. You mix the melted pb chips into the marshmallows then place them on the warm brownie torte with the other torte on top. I actually made the tortes ahead and they were cool when I put the marshmallows on top. I still didn't feel the marshmallows.

Great, thanks for the description! I guess I worried about texture and lumps! ;)

Strawberry Amoretto Pastries

I made the strawberry cream trifle twice and each time its gone within minutes. I will miss this when the fall and winter comes.

jrstephens said:
Strawberry Amoretto Pastries

hmm, I totally forgot about these, something I wanted to try and never did! They sound YUMMY!:D

JAE said:
Yes. I was worried about being able to feel the marshmallows, but I couldn't. You don't put the marshmallows in the oven. You mix the melted pb chips into the marshmallows then place them on the warm brownie torte with the other torte on top. I actually made the tortes ahead and they were cool when I put the marshmallows on top. I still didn't feel the marshmallows.

I agree with this whole assesment!! When I read this thread, this was the first dessert I thought of! I totally love this dessert and I'm not a huge dessert person! I really am not, I like pastas and munchy cruncy chip stuff!
But I could eat this Peanut butter Torte often! Yikes!:eek: that's not good!!!:blushing::rolleyes:

Warm nutty caramel brownies are one of my favorites.

I'm not much of a dessert person...but the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake is soooo good. I'd love to make it more often, but it's too much for our little family. I can only make it when it's going to feed a crowd!

Strawberry Amaretto Pastries here too. DELISH :D

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm not much of a dessert person...but the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake is soooo good. I'd love to make it more often, but it's too much for our little family. I can only make it when it's going to feed a crowd!

I've made this one twice and everyone loved it!:love:

chefshawna said:
Warm nutty caramel brownies are one of my favorites.

I've also made this a few times and people like it but say it's rich!:rolleyes:

maybe the caramel apple bites from s/s '04 and the lemon cakes, haven't tried the torte yet bet it is good

Kitchen Diva said:
I started a thread way back when that was "what dessert best describes you?" or something along those lines... (it was quite the interesting thread!) LOL

What about Lemon Bars?
Apple Crisp- I have a recipe that is made with a shortbread type crust on top and is pretty yummy!
Pumpkin cake bars are always yummy, too!

What are Pumpkin Cake Bars???? Sounds Yummy!!!!

TIA

cltrinity said:
maybe the caramel apple bites from s/s '04 and the lemon cakes, haven't tried the torte yet bet it is good

hm, those sound good, what's in them? I don't know if I have an 04 SBCB!?

heat123 said:
hm, those sound good, what's in them? I don't know if I have an 04 SBCB!?
caramel apples is a brownie mix (19-21 oz) made in the bar pan, cooled completely then mixed with 8oz of cream cheese and 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping. spread it evenly over the baked brownie and top with coarsly chopped green apples and just a few peanut butter cups then drizzle rest of caramel over top.

oh you only use a total of 1/2 c topping you can modify and put chopped nuts. not real sweet but has enough and since they are a brownie you can just cut into squares.

Okay I just joined this website and haven't posted before so hopefully this comes through okay.

I LOVE the Capuccino Mousse Trifle! I've made it a couple of times for shows and they love it. Also the Red, White and Blueberry Trifle from July was a huge hit. The trifle dish just open up SO many possibilities! :)

Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies! So good (but yes, they are rich).

forkatieb said:
What are Pumpkin Cake Bars???? Sounds Yummy!!!!

TIA

yes, please share! These would be a great fall recipe.

I love the Taffy Apple Pizza from a long time ago...no idea when it was. It was served at the very first PC show I went to. :) I actually just bought the stuff to make it! :)

I got the recipe for the Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle off the recipe section here on CS and made it yesterday as one of my open house items...all I can say is WOW. It's a little on the richer side, but everyone absolutely loved it. And I'm a huge PB cup fan, so it was definitely my favorite recipe that I've tried. :)

cltrinity said:
caramel apples is a brownie mix (19-21 oz) made in the bar pan, cooled completely then mixed with 8oz of cream cheese and 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping. spread it evenly over the baked brownie and top with coarsly chopped green apples and just a few peanut butter cups then drizzle rest of caramel over top.

oh you only use a total of 1/2 c topping you can modify and put chopped nuts. not real sweet but has enough and since they are a brownie you can just cut into squares.

hm, with a brownie base?? I wonder if it would be good with a sugar cookie dough??? Thanks!

might try and find the pumpkin bars that sounds good and I have a show the first week of October

I had the new trifle that's got devils food cake and cherry pie filling in it tonight a pampered chef meeting and it was really good. The consultant had put it in the fridge and got it nice and cold before she brought it to the metting. I can't quite remember the name of it but she said it's in the season's best

Related to Indulge in Deliciousness: Share Your Fave Dessert!

1. What is your favorite dessert to make for a family dinner?

My favorite dessert to make for a family dinner is a classic apple pie. It's a crowd-pleaser and can be made with seasonal ingredients.

2. What is your go-to dessert for this season?

For this season, my go-to dessert is a pumpkin spice cheesecake. It's perfect for fall and has a delicious mix of warm spices and creamy cheesecake.

3. What is your favorite dessert to make for a special occasion?

My favorite dessert to make for a special occasion is a chocolate lava cake. It's decadent and impressive, perfect for a celebration.

4. Can you recommend a dessert that is easy to make but still delicious?

A simple but delicious dessert that I would recommend is a fruit crisp. You can use any seasonal fruit and it's easy to make with just a few ingredients.

5. What is your favorite dessert to make for a potluck or party?

My favorite dessert to bring to a potluck or party is a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies. They are always a hit and can be made in large quantities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
Replies
Views
wadesgirl