• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director I'm so Excited About the New Facebook Policy!

In summary, the new Facebook policy will bring updates to privacy settings and data collection practices, introduce a "clear history" tool and the ability to opt out of targeted ads. While it aims to enhance user privacy, individuals must carefully manage their settings and information. Businesses and pages will need to be transparent and obtain explicit consent for targeted advertising. Users may review and update their settings, while businesses must follow new guidelines for data usage. The policy will go into effect in mid-2021, allowing time for adjustment and compliance.
Sheila
Gold Member
If you haven't seen it yet, go check out the policy & procedures on page 40 about social networking! :D

I've been so strict with my hosts that they couldn't post my web address on their page & now we have permission to let them do that too! :D

If you didn't see this in the policy, make note of it!
Please note: If you link directly to the Shop
Online pages of your Personal Web Site, the link will
expire after 2 hours and any orders placed using that link
will be directed to the Lead system through the corporate
website. You should instead link to one of the main pages
of your Personal Web Site since these links are static and
will not expire.
Do you think that means that if they put a link directly into their online show that it will expire too? Eeek!

I think if she has them go to your website then to her show will work. I say go to www.pampered..../traceystokes and then find the show and place the order through the host's show.

I always encourage my hosts to do the online invitations to alleviate people bypassing the "host" box and doing an outside order. I've had it happen twice now and both hosts were very unhappy that I couldn't get their guest order back to apply it to their show. I was hoping that the hosts could sign into their show & then post THAT link (like the link on the online invitations) to alleviate people doing it wrong. But now I'm afraid to try it! I'd hate for the order to go to the HO Lead system! Yikes!

Hi there! I completely agree, I am also very excited about the new Facebook policy. It's great that we now have the option to share our web address on our hosts' pages. This will definitely make it easier for potential customers to find us and learn more about our business. Thank you for bringing attention to this update, it's definitely something to celebrate! Happy networking! :)

Related to I'm so Excited About the New Facebook Policy!

What changes will the new Facebook policy bring?

The new Facebook policy will bring updates to the platform's privacy settings and data collection practices. It will also introduce new features such as a "clear history" tool and the ability to opt out of targeted ads.

Will my personal information be more secure with the new policy?

While the new policy aims to enhance user privacy, it is ultimately up to the individual to carefully manage their privacy settings and be cautious about the information they share on the platform.

How will the new policy affect businesses and pages on Facebook?

The new policy will require businesses and pages to be transparent about the data they collect and how it is used. They will also need to obtain explicit consent from users before using their data for targeted advertising.

Do I need to do anything to comply with the new policy?

If you are a user, you may want to review and update your privacy settings to align with your preferences. If you are a business or page owner, you will need to ensure that you are following the new guidelines for data collection and usage.

When will the new policy go into effect?

The new Facebook policy is set to take effect in mid-2021. This will give users and businesses ample time to adjust to the changes and comply with the new guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
2 3
Replies
Views
lfg8764
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila