• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm on Board the Director Express!

In summary, Becky started a thread for accountability for 2009-2010. She spoke with her DH about the commitment they would need to make to the program and booked three more shows for May. She is working on her belief in herself and her prospecting skills. She would like her title back and would like to walk at conference.
Still plugging along. Making calls and trying to get shows booked. So far three catalog shows and one cooking show. Need to go back and reread my notes from DE.

This is my last week at school (YAY!)
I'll try my luck at another $1000 Mystery host catalog show. I've done this the past 2 years in June with great success.
I am supposed to have a show tomorrow night,... but have not heard from the host -gah! I hate when that happens! I'll call her AGAIN tonight and see what's up.I have another show this Friday that I hope to get some good leads from. I have 3 more May catalog shows to close,...but still NOTHING booked for June :(
I guess I need to make friends with the phone!

My host for Thursday texted me last night to let me know that she has to reschedule, because she forgot an appointment she has at 6:30. I'll be talking to her today at work, and hopefully I'll be able to get her back on my calendar for the following week. If not, then the first week of June, and that'll count for SAT.

My host for Saturday just said she's got 5-6 confirmed yeses for her party. I reminded her to go ahead and keep inviting up until the day of the party.

I sent out the invitations for the lists I have for my June 5th fundraiser yesterday. I spoke with the host this morning when dropping DS off, and she said she'd sent an email to everyone letting them know the invitations are on their way. She's also working on getting her other two daughters to put together their lists, and is considering sending her daughters' friends messages on facebook.

I need to practice my booking and recruiting seeds in preparation for my upcoming party. Hopefully I'll be able to drum up some new business from them. I had good luck with my Full Service Checkout at my last two parties, but I need to plant more seeds. I'm thinking of writing up some note cards to set on my table to flip over as I plant the seeds.

I am supposed to have a show tomorrow night,... but have not heard from the host -gah! I hate when that happens! I'll call her AGAIN tonight and see what's up.

Try using thse script from the handout. It will let her bow out gracefully and give you a good rep :)

Thanks,...she emailed me last night and we're still on for tonight. She said she has 6 confirmed,...we'll see how it goes...I did not make friends with the phone last night... I made friends with the couch instead :) I know, I know..... only I can make it happen.... I WILL get a June booking at my show tonight...

so, the show was ...ok. I did get a June booking and I have a potential recruit,..so,..yay!
I have another show this Friday, again completely outside my circle so I'm hoping to get another June booking or 2 and hopefully a recruit lead or 2 :)
I sent out an email for my annual June "$1000 mystery host show" and have takers already :) yay! I already have them all set up online and will get packets out to them this weekend. I'm planning on closing that by June 7th. Two of the participants are "heavy hitters" ;) so I'm hoping for a pretty good show.
I'll also be putting catalogs and coupons in the teacher's mailboxes at school tomorrow....
Still have not made friends with the phone,..but I got home from my show too late last night to be making calls ~ so I have a good excuse :)~

Gah! I just go the following email from my recruit lead:

I wanted to let you know that I found out about a week ago that one of my friends is in Pampered Chef. Her cluster meetings are right over in [nearby subdivision]. So, I went ahead and signed up under her. I'm sorry! It just worked better for me and my friend this other way. I am having my kickoff show on June 7th at 6pm. Feel free to drop by! I would love to have you.

Talk to you soon!

I have to admit, I haven't been the best at following up, and I don't know if it would have made a difference anyway if the other person is a friend of hers. I've really not done any of my calls for the last couple of weeks. I just feel like I don't know who to call, because I don't want to keep bugging the same people.

My show from the 22nd is still open. There were 4 guests in attendance, the last of which didn't show up until I was completely done with my whole demo and wrap up. The show was supposed to have started at 3:00 PM, I didn't leave until 6:30. The last arrivee and another guest were just sitting there browsing through the catalog and chit chatting. I asked the other guest a couple of times if she was ready and she said she was still looking. She ended up not even ordering anything.

I'm all fine with someone not ordering something. I was frustrated though that they kept me waiting like that, giving me the impression that they were going to order. I mean, the Host is a wonderful person, and a friend, so I don't mind hanging out, but I hated leaving my family at home waiting on me. I left the house with $55 in orders. I got another order from a mutual co-worker the next day which brought the total to $125. I let the Host know she needed another $25 just to make this a show. She brought me one more order on Thursday. For $12.50! And to top it off, one of the guests from the show called yesterday to say she'd put the Pizza Roll & Crust mix on her order instead of the Beer Bread she wanted, and when she found out it'd be $2.50 more, she asked to take the whole thing off her order.

This whole ordeal has been so frustrating, mainly because I really wanted this Host to have a great show. I'd done a show for her a couple of years ago when I first started, and that one wasn't too great. I booked this one right after I came back from DE, and I thought this would go so much better. She never did give me a useable guest list (all of the addresses were missing house numbers), and I don't know if she really called all of her guests. I know she enjoyed the get together aspect of the show, so I hope that's sufficient so she's not upset about the minimal reward she's earning. And of course, with only four guests, only one of which I really got to talk to (since one left early and two didn't order at the show), I don't have any new leads either.

I have a fundraiser coming up on the 5th for DS's baby sitter, and I'm feeling much better about this one. They're all (Mom & 3 grown daughters) very excited, and very dedicated to the cause they're raising funds for. I've already gotten one $131 order online, so I'm hoping for a good turnout. I also have a show for the 10th, and the Host says she's filled out much of the 2 page guest list I gave her, I just have to get her to give it to me.

I'm really trying to focus on the positive, this email I just got just didn't really help much. But I'm glad I have you guys, you understand. I get to let it out, which makes it much easier to Bless & Release.

Ya'll, keep plugging along - it WILL happen! I haven't been posting much in this thread because I tend to jinx myself but......as of Friday night at 11:35pm....I REPROMOTED!!!!! woot woot, I'm so excited. It was down to ONE consultant submitting a show....and she came through for me. I gave her $60 in order to help her out, turns out she didn't even need them, she got more orders on her own.

Congratulations Linda, I'm so happy for you!

NooraK said:
Congratulations Linda, I'm so happy for you!

Thanks Noora! I've got my fingers crossed for you and am rooting for you. You can do it :chef:

Congrats Linda.
Noora, it will get better. We all have those bad days, but it will all work out for the best in the end. You have your eye on the prize, now go get it.
I have been in a bit of a slump too. Had 1 show cancel (they are moving), had another turn into a catalog show (need to check in on her tomorrw)..... I have two this next week, and I know it will get better. My kids have been sick for the past week and I have done nothing but clean up after them. I am just looking forward to our cluster meeting and my shows so I can have some mommy time.
I need some ideas on the mystery host show. That might be a great way to boost sales for the sell-a-thon.

I have been avoiding this thread like the plague, because I am SOOOO scared of being held accountable. BUT - I have finally decided to conquer my fear and hop on the Director Express. I attended DE last Wednesday in Oklahoma City with Amy Neal and it was totally awesome! Sadly, I had to turn around and go back out of town that weekend for a family emergency. When I came back, though, I hopped on the phone. Day one of calling, I made 13 calls, 11 of which were voicemails. 2 live contacts resulted in June bookings! :) I also just signed a recruit last night and booked another June show. Right now, I'm up to 4 June shows, so just under halfway to my goal (my goal is 10), so I will be getting on the phone some more today. I've also got two career fairs this month and a vendor event, so I'm hoping that will help me recruit and add a few more bookings to my calendar. So far, just since attending DE, my business is on fire. I really think it ignited a spark that had gone out long ago, and so I'm excited about my business again!

So, I've been a slacker. I'm having a hard time getting the energy to pick up the phone at the end of the night once DS is in bed and I could actually do it. I really should just make myself do the calls while I'm at work.

My last few shows have not resulted in many leads. I've been trying to work booking and recruiting lines into my demo, but I haven't been as good at it as I'd like to be. Maybe I'll get a boost from my own show on the 24th.

I am also struggling with "JUST DOING IT"! Why? I know what I need to do, what is stopping me?

My "June Mystery Host" show closed at just shy of $800...yay! I've already submitted 3 shows for June, I have 2 more to close yet and I'm at $1457 in sales for June right now....sooooo I'll at least get the smaller package for SAT :)
I have booked 4 July shows and last night had a an "out of the blue" call from someone interested in the business!!!! I love when that happens!
One of my July shows is with the recruit lead I met at one of my May shows....
I have a "Grilling Class" tomorrow and I've planned a big PC bingo event at a local restaurant. I'm hoping for orders, bookings and recruit leads to come from that...plus, it'll be a super fun time! :)
I am determined to make this work.... I get my regular school paycheck through August,... I will have my PC business rocking by Sept. 1st :)
*did I tell ya'll my literacy position was cut for next year? ...it was....soooo I'm gonna do this!!
C'mon, girls! there's plenty of business out there for all of us,..we can do this!!

Linda~ Congratulations! Will you get to walk at conference? :)Noora~ hang in there, keep doing your thing and it will happen! :)

I, too, have been slacking, but I'm trying to get back on track. I ended up with 2 cancellations for June, but I'm determined to get back on the phone and try to book up July. I did a career fair Monday and got some pretty good leads from that - one of whom is planning on attending a show with my upline AD tomorrow with me. I am doing another career fair in a city 2 or so hours away next Wednesday, so I'm hoping that one goes as well as this one did. I'm also having a problem with the JUST DO IT! I KNOW I need to get my behind in gear, but I just can't seem to get on the phones!! I just have to stay motivated until Conference, and then hopefully that will keep me going!

Glad to see I'm not the only one, but glad I can always just jump back on the ball. I don't have any recruiting leads. I've been in the biz about 3 1/2 months and finally feel like I am really getting comfortable with doing shows. Tried to share the opportunity at a show last night and it just felt really unnatural. I always ask all of the people when they are checking out, but never get any interest. I have never even given out any info.

lesliec said:
Glad to see I'm not the only one, but glad I can always just jump back on the ball. I don't have any recruiting leads. I've been in the biz about 3 1/2 months and finally feel like I am really getting comfortable with doing shows. Tried to share the opportunity at a show last night and it just felt really unnatural. I always ask all of the people when they are checking out, but never get any interest. I have never even given out any info.

What are you doing to share the opportunity? Just putting it out there and trying to explain the business can feel akward, but there are other ways you can do it as well. Telling your story is a great way, and you can also work in quick one-liners into your demo to get the message in before they can tune you out. The Ticket Game is another way.

Good Idea Noora. I tell my story, but I kinda use it as more of a booking tool, instead of recruiting. I always forget to throw out the recruiting nuggets during my demo. I am good at throwing the booking ones in, I guess that's why I usually get at least one booking. I need to go back over my DE info and try that out.

I had a GREAT day! Hosted a BIG PC bingo event with a few other consultants.... it was a blast! I had $425 in sales, booked 2 shows and signed a new recruit!! ~~doin' the happy dance!~~
It was such a success, we are already planning on doing it again in november!
YAY! :)

Hello.... I see there have not been any posts here in a while... I am going to be attending DE in Albany NY (hopefully) 09/23... and I want to walk that stage next year..., I have to...So I am hoping that this thread will continue to be supportive...
So I have been in for 7 months... I need all of your help getting over that hump!!! HELP!!!

I have been a slacker. I've been spending too much time on things that don't actually make me money, and I need to change that. Granted, the baby is due any day now, and Mom's been visiting, but those really shouldn't be excuses.

One of the things I want to start doing is contacting my customers to update my records. I want to check in with them and get more specific about who is interested in hosting, the business, my newsletter etc. I've also been considering starting a birthday club, and I want to know who would be interested in being involved with HWC in October and May.

I'm planning to start calling my customers and asking for this information. Just pick up the phone and say "I want to take advantage of the time I have available and take a moment to make sure I'm providing you the service you deserve." Then ask them if they're getting my newsletter, if they're interested in the birthday club, if they'd like to be involved in HWC next year and in what capacity etc.

I just have to get off my duff and do it.

I've been slacking - no excuses. I'm working on it, though. I am attending DE AGAIN here on Sept 21st (so excited its finally coming to Wichita!!!) and in the meantime, I'm still working on getting those 8 shows in one month.

cookie325 said:
I've been slacking - no excuses. I'm working on it, though. I am attending DE AGAIN here on Sept 21st (so excited its finally coming to Wichita!!!) and in the meantime, I'm still working on getting those 8 shows in one month.

I've been considering re-attending. DE will be right down the street in Acworth on the 31st. I'll be at 35+5, so who knows if I'll be able to go, but I've heard that they won't turn anyone away.

I feel bad because this will kind of be my third time. I took it in OKC awhile back, then I took the Promote to Director NOW workshop at conference, which is just a truncated DE. And now I'm taking it again. But I figure if I keep taking it, eventually it will all sink in, and I'll learn some new tips each time. Is this your first kiddo?

cookie325 said:
I feel bad because this will kind of be my third time. I took it in OKC awhile back, then I took the Promote to Director NOW workshop at conference, which is just a truncated DE. And now I'm taking it again. But I figure if I keep taking it, eventually it will all sink in, and I'll learn some new tips each time.

Is this your first kiddo?

That's why I'm not too sure about going either. I feel like I flunked and I'm having to go to summer school. :D But if it's not full, why not?

This is the second (sometimes I count my husband, too). My first was induced a few days after his due date. I've since learned more about inducing and all that, and have decided to wait him out, so who knows when anything will happen.

<h2>1. What is Director Express and how does it work?</h2><p>Director Express is a training program offered by Pampered Chef for its consultants to help them grow their business and achieve the rank of director. It consists of various modules and activities that focus on leadership, team building, and goal setting.</p><h2>2. Do I have to attend a training session to participate in Director Express?</h2><p>Yes, Director Express is only available to consultants who have attended the training session. This ensures that everyone who participates has a thorough understanding of the program and its goals.</p><h2>3. How often should I post my progress in the accountability thread?</h2><p>It's recommended to post your progress at least once a week. This will help you stay on track and receive support and feedback from other participants. However, feel free to post more frequently if you feel the need for additional accountability.</p><h2>4. Can I still join the accountability thread if I haven't attended Director Express?</h2><p>Yes, the accountability thread is open to all Pampered Chef consultants who are interested in implementing the Director Express program in their business. However, it's highly recommended to attend the training session first to fully understand the program and its goals.</p><h2>5. Will I receive any resources or materials to help me with Director Express?</h2><p>Yes, during the training session, you will receive a Director Express binder that includes all the necessary materials and resources for the program. You will also have access to additional online resources and support from other participants in the accountability thread.</p>

1. What is Director Express and how does it work?

Director Express is a training program offered by Pampered Chef for its consultants to help them grow their business and achieve the rank of director. It consists of various modules and activities that focus on leadership, team building, and goal setting.

2. Do I have to attend a training session to participate in Director Express?

Yes, Director Express is only available to consultants who have attended the training session. This ensures that everyone who participates has a thorough understanding of the program and its goals.

3. How often should I post my progress in the accountability thread?

It's recommended to post your progress at least once a week. This will help you stay on track and receive support and feedback from other participants. However, feel free to post more frequently if you feel the need for additional accountability.

4. Can I still join the accountability thread if I haven't attended Director Express?

Yes, the accountability thread is open to all Pampered Chef consultants who are interested in implementing the Director Express program in their business. However, it's highly recommended to attend the training session first to fully understand the program and its goals.

5. Will I receive any resources or materials to help me with Director Express?

Yes, during the training session, you will receive a Director Express binder that includes all the necessary materials and resources for the program. You will also have access to additional online resources and support from other participants in the accountability thread.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • urbnk8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
urbnk8
  • Chef Kearns