• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm in the Middle of a Real Estate

In summary, the couple listed their house last week, had an offer within 48 hours, 24 hours later they had an accepted conditional (on the sale of their house) offer and now 2 days later they have another offer going back and forth and they're nickle and diming them to death. The couple is at $4000 less than the offer they already accepted but they will not go any lower and they're still $4000 apart. The couple has added a ton of things every time they come back which the couple keeps scratching out. The couple is now at will give them the hot tub, play structure and gazebo AND open the pool for them but that's it. The couple is praying that everything falls into place in
kcjodih
Gold Member
transaction and I'm ready to vomit! ARGGGG

Listed our house last week, had an offer within 48 hours, 24 hours later we had an accepted conditional (on the sale of their house) offer and now 2 days later we have another offer going back and forth and they're nickle and diming us to death!!

Lower price than the offer we accepted but no conditions whatsoever. Hubby keeps lowering the price he's willing to stop at and I'm standing my ground! We're now at $2000 less than the offer we already accepted but we won't go any lower and we're still $4000 apart. They've added a ton of things every time they come back which we (meaning I) keep scratching out -such as hot tub, play structure, gazebo, fridge, stove and basketball net.

We're now at we'll give them the hot tub, play structure and gazebo AND open the pool for them but that's it!

Take it or leave it baby! Hubby's now green and has been in the washroom 20 minutes LOL and MY guts are churning! He just wants this offer accepted so we can force the other to either remove their condition on selling their house or not so either way we'd have a FIRM deal in a couple of days so that we can then approach a bank to get bridge financing to start building our own. If not and we wait until offer one firms up and conditions are removed it will be the middle of May with a closing the beginning of July and we can't get a house built that fast and have NO where to go!!

Ah, the joys and stress of selling your house!! The realtors that we had in (3) said a house of this size and price would probably only get a couple of offers and would probably be on the market for 3-6 months. Now 2 offers in one week and I didn't even want to drop a couple grand if my house is soooo popular! We've dropped 11 grand with this couple, 9 with the conditional first offer and like I said hubby is green! I probably am too, just haven't looked in a mirror :D

Sitting on the edge of my seat, supposed to be doing my taxes, waiting for the phone to ring....

Prayers coming your way! Dealing with real estate is always so difficult! I am praying that everything falls into place in the time line that is best for you guys to get your house built and everything!

Wow, Good luck with the deal. I know how stressful this is. Our house is up for sale also. But my DH bought another house and we close in 2 weeks. Our house has been on the market for 3 weeks and nothing. It is really slow buying houses in my area. I hope no one picks at our house like they are doing with yours.

Thanks guys! The first offer was easy; came through once, called and asked a water question, offered us $, we countered, they countered, we countered, accepted.

This one - he travelled 3 hours to see it on Saturday (he and children are back where the family lived she's here working already) so out of the house for us, then she had to see it Sunday since she wasn't available Saturday - why inconvenience US twice? Then she's supposed to come today to get a quote to paint the WHOLE place (4600 square feet and only 4 years old) and then doesn't show (while we are at work) then wants to come at dinner hour (Uh no! WE are WITH our family, not living in the base barracks). So out we go right after dinner which makes homework, guitar practice, bath and bed late and then comes in with she wants the fridge and stove so that movers won't ruin the hardwood floors (what, are you going to have this fridge and stove until you die and never move new ones in?), how much is gas heat per month?, wants the gazebo, hot tub, play structure (Huge one), basketball net (go buy it for $200 yourself), etc etc and then starts 21 grand less than what we asked.....

Still haven't had a call back so the offer may have died and hubby will KILL me!! :eek: I however didn't want to accept the offer, force the first offer's hand and have them give up and not waive their condition of selling their house and we're stuck with this second offer 11 grand less than asking with a gazebo, hot tub and $1000 play structure thrown in AND a closing date 2 weeks before the kids are out of school :eek:

Woman's intuition told me she'd give in and eat the $2K difference, but maybe I'm wrong now! Her 2nd choice I was told was a home 20 minutes away that just started under construction. Try getting that completed before schools out and get 4 baths and 5 bedrooms! They don't even HAVE homes that size started without buyers! Not to mention she wouldn't get a pool put in this year, everyone's all booked up mid winter for the following summer(she's big on wanting the - my place completely painted, pool open and ready and everything all pretty and ready for fun when the family comes)

Ahhhh, I"m dying a slow death here!

Oy...just reading this is a big reminder of why I will never move again. My ex was al linto moving - only liked to live in any one place 3-4 years...paint it, decorate it, get comfy and then move. Really scarred me. I will live in this house til I die. I swear - LOL

dannyzmom said:
Oy...just reading this is a big reminder of why I will never move again. My ex was al linto moving - only liked to live in any one place 3-4 years...paint it, decorate it, get comfy and then move. Really scarred me. I will live in this house til I die. I swear - LOL

EXACTLY what my/our problem is! Every 3 - 4 years we move for whatever reason. First house built brand new, then 3 years later a repo came up that was 1 year older but twice the house (3600 sq ft) for 40K more than what we could sell ours for - so off we went. Then we decided we wanted to move on the outskirts of town to have more yard/space. Built this one on the last lot available and it's on a corner :( Great 1 acre+ lot but NO privacy and I/we HATE almost all the neighbours. The great neighbours across from us moved and idiots moved in - 12 year old always picking on my 9 yr old DS, doctor behind us hates kids, family across from him so kiddy korner to us have 6 brats who run around on the roof :eek: having paintball fights, neighbour beside them calls everyone regularly saying her son's not happy his feelings were hurt, the kids on the street weren't playing fair etc etc - give me a break, so EVERYONE on the street is mean to YOUR precious child ALL the time?!?! NO, he's a whiny brat lady! And then our next door neighbours moved last year and snobby people who won't talk to anyone moved in....:mad:

Plus being on the corner we have NO privacy! Tried to grow trees on the side of our back yard and half died and the other half will take another 5-10 years before they'll provide privacy! Forget it, I"m outta here one way or the other (looks like the other since the phone won't ring :eek: )

We have our eye on a 3 acre fully wooded lot outside of town by another 10 minutes - a farmer's going to sever it off and the kids just love it! Can't tell anyone yet though because rural treed lots are so rare we don't want to lose out before we sell ours!

Come on phone ring damnit!

Wow Jodi, your house sounds awesome; maybe I should come look at it! lol:) I feel your pain though; our house has been on the market for almost 2 months. They've shown it about 10 times....I keep thinking surely we'll get an offer soon. We'll probably accept the first one we get! We're already under contract on another house; but can't afford 2 payments so we have to sell our's first. I keep sweating though; the other people kept the house on the market we're under contract on; so if someone else makes an offer we'll have 72 hrs to sell ours...positive thinking though....it WILL sell soon:)

I hear you with the real estate issues. Luckily, I am purchasing my mother's home, and I know what I am getting, plus instant equity. But as a first time home buyer, there are so many questions, and even probably questions we don't even think to ask.
Don't settle for whatever they are offering you (and getting you to include all those nice extras). The right buyer is out there.

Related to I'm in the Middle of a Real Estate

1. What are some quick and easy recipes for busy homebuyers?

We have a variety of delicious and time-saving recipes on our website, including one-pot meals, sheet pan dinners, and slow cooker recipes. These recipes are perfect for busy homebuyers who may not have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.

2. How can I use Pampered Chef products to help with meal prep during the home buying process?

Our products are designed to make meal prep easier and more efficient. Our food chopper, mandoline, and vegetable peeler are great tools for quickly chopping and slicing ingredients. Our cookware and bakeware also have features that make cooking and cleaning up a breeze.

3. Are there any recipes that are budget-friendly for those going through the home buying process?

Yes, we have a collection of budget-friendly recipes on our website that are perfect for homebuyers looking to save money. These recipes use affordable ingredients and are still delicious and satisfying.

4. I have limited kitchen space in my new home. What products do you recommend for small kitchens?

We offer a variety of compact and space-saving products that are perfect for small kitchens. Our collapsible mixing bowls, stackable cookware, and compact food chopper are just a few examples of products that can help maximize your kitchen space.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef party in my new home for my friends and family?

Absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party in your new home is a great way to celebrate and show off your new space. Plus, as the host, you can earn free and discounted products. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a party today!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Devin