• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm at a Loss.... Outdoor Fair in Oct

In summary, bring as much of the new product as you can, especially the consultant kit products. Try to have a booking tree ready, and order forms to take orders. Give out recipe cards with your information on them.
redsoxgirl
I just don't know what to do.
My space is only 8' x 8' - that's about a banquet table or so right?

I don't know what to bring. Do I bring my entire TTA packed with stuff, or just put a few things in it?

Should I get some plate stands so the plates are more on display or sould I just use the SA stands?

What would you display?

As much of the new product as you can! I usually take the tta but don't stuff it too full... small stuff sometimes walks away from booths. I'd definitely take the deep covered baker!

I have some 2x4 tables?? I think and 3 x 6 I think? I would try to make a U-shape and use things to build up the space. I have some wire shelving.I personally like plate stands for somethings and use them for cookbooks too. I DO tend to bring the 3-Tiered though and put the cranberry plates mixed with white and a cup/bowl on the top plate. It looks beautiful.Depending on the timing, bring SA do to the host special and whatever Nov/Dec will be. Plus, the guest special, of course. Some like to put the Super Starter pack on one table.Definitely new stuff and try for some cash n carry, especially discontinued stuff. People love that!

Would you buy fake food to display?

I was thinking maybe I could find a fake chicken and put it in the DCB... LOL

also - would you hand out new catalogs or just haev one or 2 for display?
or should I give out minis if they ask?

LBurke said:
As much of the new product as you can! I usually take the tta but don't stuff it too full... small stuff sometimes walks away from booths. I'd definitely take the deep covered baker!

I seccond this!!!

I have never done fake food. The new products can create alot of buzz especially in the first few weeks thay are released.

I found this....
honest opinions - is it stupid? LOL
I thought it might add some "Oh right - that's what you use those for" for someone... but maybe it's just a bad idea....

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/73/35/38/88/0073353888309_215X215.jpg

I wouldn't give out catalogs or minis unless you get their info first so you can follow up with them. New products are always great to bring. Since it is Oct promote the specials coming up by bringing those products. New consultant kit products are really good to group together. Make sure you bring a piece of stoneware and cookware. Otherwise I would just bring your most popular pieces.

Here is what I have done.
Don't bring too much. In this case, less is more. (And unpacking and repacking is quite a chore at the end of the day.)
Have a booking tree ready for bookings, and order forms to take orders from those not looking to have a show.

Do a drawing for a free show to get info (or actually raffle off something).
I gave out mini cats, and took info to send a real one -- this weeded out those who just collect things to take home.
Give out recipe cards w/ your info on them.

I bring any old catalogs and the mini catalogs. I don't give out the new ones even if I have one or two on hand. They are NOT sitting out. I have them and will give them if requested. Many people do just collect catalogs. In fact, I had someone ask me for one and I saw she had one in her hand already! Yes, I can recognize EVEN the back cover :). I'm sure she wanted to see if it was the current one, which it was. I offered her a recipe card though so she could have my info.The main thing is be ready to follow up with people.I personally wouldn't bother with fake food. I never bring real food either. I don't need it. I want people to touch and look at the product. They get distracted by anything else it seems :).

I have done several booths. I looked around and stole ideas from others. I found unfinished crates with build it handles at Michaels a craft store. I stained them with a light stain that also seals. I can stock them with product coming and going with ease. I stack them long ways , 3 high and display towels first and then position products decoratively. I always get compliments. I set my tables up around the inside edge and have my visitors come in to my booth. I always give away new catalogs and mini catalogs. I have packets ready and waiting. I always have a drawing to generate leads. I give away a batter bowl or something like that. One time I didn't give away anything and I did not get any leads. Several walking around have taken a catalog kit and in a few weeks produced a 700.00 catalog party. A PC banner works well and I also have a bridal board that makes a great backdrop display. I use table cloths too. Good luck. They are a lot of fun.

I would be sure to put together some products as Holiday gift ideas, maybe in a flyer. This might help your bookings/orders for the holiday season!
I am doing one in Sept. and Oct. and plan to do a giveaway basket for everyone who is interested in booking a show. It will be a drawing and I am sure that there will be people who will sign up just to win and not host but I will have their contact info and I hope to get some real leads!

You can find collapsible crates at storage stores. They are similar to the ones we used to use 'back in the day' Then you can use them to carry in your product to. I have displayed SA decorated with a wedding theme (ribbons, flowers, petals, and bells) and put chocolate in the SA - or you could use mints if you are in the sun and the chocolate could melt.Google collapsible crate...it looks like Target has a multi-colors one (just so you get an idea)

gingertannery said:
I have done several booths. I looked around and stole ideas from others. I found unfinished crates with build it handles at Michaels a craft store. I stained them with a light stain that also seals. I can stock them with product coming and going with ease. I stack them long ways , 3 high and display towels first and then position products decoratively. I always get compliments. I set my tables up around the inside edge and have my visitors come in to my booth. I always give away new catalogs and mini catalogs. I have packets ready and waiting. I always have a drawing to generate leads. I give away a batter bowl or something like that. One time I didn't give away anything and I did not get any leads. Several walking around have taken a catalog kit and in a few weeks produced a 700.00 catalog party. A PC banner works well and I also have a bridal board that makes a great backdrop display. I use table cloths too. Good luck. They are a lot of fun.

Hey Ginger! You don't have any pics of your display do you? I am doing a display Aug. 10 for a wedding show. I could use as many ideas as I can get!

I have a wedding show in Aug and they are estimating around 7,000 brides plus each with one or more family members/friends. How many mini's should I take or drawing slips?

Someone may have already said this, but what I do is take one catalog and tear it apart into individual pages and put it in a three ring binder w/ a clear cover with each page in it's own clear cover and mark it with an address label that says TABLE COPY. I hand out minis and have a few extra copies of full cattys in case more than one person wants to paruse for an order. If they want a full catalog, offer to mail it to them... then you'll have their info to follow up!!!!

Kattyschack said:
Hey Ginger! You don't have any pics of your display do you? I am doing a display Aug. 10 for a wedding show. I could use as many ideas as I can get!

I will check my camera for pics.. Don't remember if I snapped any. I will send them tomorrow.. Saturday if I find any.

Related to I'm at a Loss.... Outdoor Fair in Oct

What is "I'm at a Loss.... Outdoor Fair in Oct"?

"I'm at a Loss.... Outdoor Fair in Oct" is a special outdoor fair event hosted by Pampered Chef in the month of October. It is a great opportunity to shop for outdoor cooking and entertaining products and get tips and ideas on how to make the most of your outdoor space.

When and where is the event taking place?

The "I'm at a Loss.... Outdoor Fair in Oct" event takes place during the month of October at various locations across the country. You can check our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for specific dates and locations.

Is there an admission fee for the event?

No, there is no admission fee for the "I'm at a Loss.... Outdoor Fair in Oct" event. It is open to everyone who is interested in outdoor cooking and entertaining.

What can I expect at the event?

At the event, you can expect to find a variety of outdoor cooking and entertaining products on display, as well as demonstrations and tips on how to use them. You can also sample delicious food and get inspiration for your own outdoor space.

Can I purchase products at the event?

Yes, you can purchase products at the event. Our consultants will be available to assist you with any purchases and answer any questions you may have about our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • ChefPaulaB