• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifYou Are in the Market for a Good (But Cheap) Digital Camera..

In summary, ecost has a Manufacturer Recertified Canon 8.0 Megapixel EasyShare C875 Digital Camera in Silver (5x Optical & 5x Digital Zoom, 2.5" Color LCD Display, 8.0 Megapixel, 32MB Onboard plus SD slot) for $139.00!
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
eCost has a Manufacturer Recertified Canon 8.0 Megapixel EasyShare C875 Digital Camera in Silver (5x Optical & 5x Digital Zoom, 2.5" Color LCD Display, 8.0 Megapixel, 32MB Onboard plus SD slot) for $139.00!http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=37171161I just ordered one myself...and also, you can receive 2% cash back at ebates for your purchase at ecost! And if you sign up using the previous url...we will both get $5.00!Enjoy..ps: it is one of their "bargain countdowns" ...so there are only 8 remaining! :)

OK, so I'm not interested in a camera, but I see that they sell all kinds of stuff.
How does this place work?
It seems almost too good to be true.

I've ordered a lot of things from ecost, and never have had a problem! Almost all of their "bargain countdowns" are factory refurbished, but I still have my very first toshiba 3.2 MP digi camera from them....its been about 4 years, and it is working so well still.You can trust them :)

Thanks Jennifer, I was looking at the laptops ***scratching head***

I've never ordered a computer system from them, but I have ordered monitors, cameras, accessories, and a lot of computer parts....to build my own computers!If you aren't really computer savvy, I do suggest dell....only because they have a good customer support center. If you were to buy a laptop through ecost, i'm not sure if you would get the same help... (oh, and dell is another merchant that you can get 2% cash back through ebates.....it helps!!)

jenniferknapp said:
I do suggest dell....only because they have a good customer support center.

Resisting urge to die laughing - maybe I should use your number because their corporate support on the PC side sucks!!!! I have a hard time getting someone who understands English!

On the server side though, I have great support with them.

janetupnorth said:
their corporate support on the PC side sucks!!!! I have a hard time getting someone who understands English!

On the server side though, I have great support with them.
I have heard the same thing.
I was suggested Gateway or HP. But, everyone has different expierence, right.

jenniferknapp said:
If you aren't really computer savvy, I do suggest dell....only because they have a good customer support center.

I haven't made it through the rest of this thread, yet, but I just wanted to say AMEN to this. After years with our Dell (and many customer service calls) we switched to two cheaper brands of computers (HP/Compaq and Gateway) and our lives have NEVER been the same. We do everything possible to avoid having to call in on our service plan because it usually means an hour of trying to explain a simple problem. It's happened so many times. And during my first year of warranty with my HP I had to have my computer FedExed in and they returned it with things not snapped together correctly and the BATTERY was missing. Took forever to get them to send me a new one.

Of course, with Dell we always purchased the 3-5 year full customer service plan and we'd usually have someone knocking on our door within 12-24 hours of our call. Parts were replaced immediately for free (they even sent me a brand new flat-screened monitor when I called to complain about a problem with mine). And we always got someone who could speak English as opposed to the other companies we've used. If we buy "new" again, we've already agreed we'd go back with Dell again. Gosh I miss 'em! :( End of hijack...

Anyway, back to your camera, I'm looking. My $30 Ebay digital camera (which I really was in love with) just died last week. I don't know that I'm ready to put in over $100 but I'm still looking. ;)

Chozengirl said:
But, everyone has different expierence, right.

Heehee! :p I wrote my post before reading yours. Yes, everyone has different experiences. It's just that when the same thing has happened to us with non-English speakers at HP and Gateway multiple, multiple times, we have a hard time imagining it being great for anyone else. And I have heard the same story from others.

Someone mentioned corporate versus PC, so maybe that's the difference with our Dell experiences. Ours is a home computer and we do pay for the extra PC support (beyond the one year) and it's been worth every penny even if we're looking at an extra $100 on our bill. They must assume that home users need an English speaking rep. :)

I love Dell. Even the people who do not speak english as their primary language have been very kind, easy to understand and amazingly bright and helpful. We have 6 Dell's in our house and we won't be switching any time soon.

Also if Jennifer's sells out -- I just took advantage of this digital camera deal. I lost my Sony Cyber Shot at conference, and while it's not as many megapixels as the one Jennifer listed, it's a still a great deal. I've been very pleased with the performace so far and even like it more than my Sony.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MFA1NE/?tag=pfamazon01-20

That is a great deal too! I look more for the optical zoom, and the one I listed was 5x ....I can't wait until they eventually have a 10x that is small to fit in your pocket! :)

I just checked-there are only 4 left now.

Related to ifYou Are in the Market for a Good (But Cheap) Digital Camera..

What are the top features to look for in a good but cheap digital camera?

When shopping for a budget-friendly digital camera, it's important to prioritize the features that are most important to you. Some key features to consider include resolution (measured in megapixels), zoom capabilities, low light performance, and video recording capabilities. You may also want to consider the size and weight of the camera, as well as any additional features such as WiFi connectivity or image stabilization.

Which brands offer the best options for affordable digital cameras?

There are several reputable brands that offer great options for budget-friendly digital cameras. Some popular choices include Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Panasonic. It's always a good idea to research specific models within these brands to find the best fit for your needs and budget.

What is a good price range for a quality but cheap digital camera?

The price range for a good but cheap digital camera can vary depending on the brand, features, and overall quality. Generally, you can find decent options in the $100-$300 range. However, it's important to keep in mind that investing a bit more may result in a longer-lasting and higher-performing camera.

Are there any specific models that are highly recommended for those on a budget?

Yes, there are several highly recommended models for those on a budget. Some popular choices include the Canon PowerShot SX620 HS, Nikon COOLPIX B500, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H300, and Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX10. It's always a good idea to read reviews and compare features to find the best fit for your needs and budget.

Can I find a good but cheap digital camera at Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, Pampered Chef does not carry digital cameras. As a direct sales company, our focus is on kitchen and cooking products. However, there are plenty of other retailers and online stores where you can find great deals on budget-friendly digital cameras. We recommend doing some research and reading reviews to find the best option for you.

Back