• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

(?) if U Had a Pws Before You Were Qualified...

but it's worth it to me to have my website on them. I've had a few shows where I was able to collect orders from out of state and that has been really helpful in boosting my show average.
Dicin'Darcy
Did it seem worth it for u to have a site before you got qualified? My director says I can still use it for shows but customers just can't buy directly until I'm qualified. Thanks!
Darcy (New "unqualified" Consultant)

I had a site before I qualified and I received one order on it for a cooking show, the customer lived a few states away and couldnt attend only a $19 order but hey every little bit helps. I qualified in 3 or 4 shows within 30 days. I have set all of my shows up on the PWS that is the only one to take advantage of it so far but I have a new host who seems to be very interested in sending it out for her catalog show.

Once you qualify you get the outlet!!!

One of my recruits got one right away (I started long before we had PWS). She liked it for e-invitations and collecting orders on shows. That can really help boost your show average. Totally worth it!

I have been recommending to my new consultants to wait until they qualify to get the website, b/c they can try it free for 3 months if they qualify in their first 30 (or is it 90?) days. Then, that's less $$ they have to put out initially, and they can see if it's really worth it to them. It's also a great thing to work towards and a goal to have for yourself to "earn" to get your website. I love my website and can't imagine my business without it, but most of my new consultants qualify by their 2nd show so they can get their website and continue growing their business. I don't think you have to have it for your first few shows, though.

I got mine as soon as I got my debit card info! It has already paid for itself in my opinion! And I qualified in my first two shows, how nice it will be to get those extra 3 months at the end!

Totally worth it.

Totally worth it in my opinion, but if most of your hosts have family/friends who are local, Cathy's suggestion may be more cost-effective

What do you need to qualify in the 1st 90 days? I'm having trouble finding the information.

Did it seem worth it for u to have a site before you got qualified?

No, qualify first.

Check around here on ChefSuccess for the limitations of PWS before you sign up.

You can't annouce your new PWS site on any groups you regularly post to, is the biggest bummer.
You can't announce it anywhere on the internet, matter of fact.

Actually, you need to read the policies & procedure re: websites on the the PC HO site.

I honestly think it comes down to how much you want to invest in your new business! If you afford it then by all means...get a PWS right away! They are FABULOUS and WELL worth the money!
There are restrictions, especially before you qualify and fairly strict rules regarding the internet policy but they are there for a reason..to protect all the consultants and PC's reputation.

TheChaoticCook said:
What do you need to qualify in the 1st 90 days? I'm having trouble finding the information.

4 shows or $1250 in sales

cathyskitchen said:
I have been recommending to my new consultants to wait until they qualify to get the website, b/c they can try it free for 3 months if they qualify in their first 30 (or is it 90?) days. Then, that's less $$ they have to put out initially, and they can see if it's really worth it to them. It's also a great thing to work towards and a goal to have for yourself to "earn" to get your website. I love my website and can't imagine my business without it, but most of my new consultants qualify by their 2nd show so they can get their website and continue growing their business. I don't think you have to have it for your first few shows, though.

Even if you sign up before you qualify you can still get the 3 months free. I signed up right away and once I qualified they just extended my year by 3 months for free.
I also wanted to do business cards right away and have my website on them. I did not want to get new ones printed so that was another reason.

Definately worth it for the convienence it adds to your hosts. I had one of my first 4 shows as a catalog show and the host had orders from different states and her show was over $700.

mypampchef said:
I also wanted to do business cards right away and have my website on them. I did not want to get new ones printed so that was another reason.

I print business cards and catalog labels for my new consultants for their first few shows and tell them to order the new ones once they get their website. I make sure they all qualify in their first 30 days and they usually do it in 2 shows (I help them with a Grand Opening).

As for using the email invitations feature, I just tell them to use evite.com until they get their website. Of course, if they just can't wait and they have the $$, they can do whatever they want, but most people who start their business with me tell me they're doing it to make more money, so I'm trying to help them make the most of everything. JMO!

cathyskitchen said:
I print business cards and catalog labels for my new consultants for their first few shows and tell them to order the new ones once they get their website. I make sure they all qualify in their first 30 days and they usually do it in 2 shows (I help them with a Grand Opening).

As for using the email invitations feature, I just tell them to use evite.com until they get their website. Of course, if they just can't wait and they have the $$, they can do whatever they want, but most people who start their business with me tell me they're doing it to make more money, so I'm trying to help them make the most of everything. JMO!

WOW you are great little director!!!! I now have two recruits and I think that would be a great idea! Every little bit helps when you are starting this business.

Thanks for the ideas

What she said
mypampchef said:
Even if you sign up before you qualify you can still get the 3 months free. I signed up right away and once I qualified they just extended my year by 3 months for free.

Definately worth it for the convienence it adds to your hosts. I had one of my first 4 shows as a catalog show and the host had orders from different states and her show was over $700.

I totally agree with everything said here - if you pay for the website before you qualify, your contract will be extended by 3 months. So, you're not out anything.

I see this as a business expense that I bother with only once a year - it saves you, your hosts, and your guests time on invites, tracking, and the almight outside orders. I had one host recently - $350 of her $700 show was outside orders thru the website.

The sooner you get online, the better IMO.

I didn't get one before I qualified, I used my recruiter's website for shows (she set them up for me) that had customers long distance and wanted a website to order from and she just told me the payment info on it and fw the orders by email so I could put it in P3. When I qualified I got the website and I love it, I'm going to do the same for my recruits if they have show hosts who would like their guests to order on a site. I'm not ordering business cards at all, but using mini catalogs instead and just stamping them. Business cards fall into a black hole of the customer's purse a lot of times.

susanr613 said:
I totally agree with everything said here - if you pay for the website before you qualify, your contract will be extended by 3 months. So, you're not out anything.

I see this as a business expense that I bother with only once a year - it saves you, your hosts, and your guests time on invites, tracking, and the almight outside orders. I had one host recently - $350 of her $700 show was outside orders thru the website.

The sooner you get online, the better IMO.

I completely agree.
When I started with PC there were no websites. About 6 months in, the offere dus websites but we coudl ONLY accept online orders that were connected to shows. Then for about a month around Mother's Day and another month around Xmas they allowed us to accept individual orders online...then after a while they allowed the full access our customers now have. I have been averaging about $600-800 a month in online orders...the sooner you can get online, the better IMO.

Related to (?) if U Had a Pws Before You Were Qualified...

What qualifications do I need to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you must be at least 18 years old and have access to a computer and internet. There are no specific education or experience requirements.

What is a Personal Web Page (PWS) and why do I need one?

A Personal Web Page (PWS) is a customized website that is provided to all Pampered Chef consultants. It is used to showcase products, market your business, and process online orders. It is an essential tool for running a successful Pampered Chef business.

If I had a PWS before I was qualified, can I still use it as a consultant?

Yes, if you previously had a PWS as a customer or host, you can still use it as a consultant. However, you will need to make some changes to your account to ensure you have access to all consultant features and tools.

Can I customize my PWS with my own branding and information?

Yes, you can customize your PWS with your own branding and information. You can add your own logo, contact information, and a personal message to make it unique to your business.

How much does a PWS cost?

The PWS is provided to all Pampered Chef consultants at no extra cost. It is included in the initial sign-up fee and is available for the duration of your consultant membership.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Rosebud
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered_chef_swva