• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need to Book Shows Asap, but Don't Feel Motivated...

I hate getting on the phone and asking people to book. I feel like I am being a pushy "house party lady". But I know that I need to do it if I want to stay in business.
TheFreddiesCook
I need to bring in some extra $$$. But that means I need to get on the phone and ask people which makes me feel like I am begging for $$. Not very motivated to do it, but need to do it... Any advice? Thanks!

Amen! Exactly how I feel. My biz is in the toilet b/c I won't pick up the phone and ask. I don't feel like I'm begging but I feel like I'm being a pushy "house party lady".

Sorry I can't help you since I can't seem to help myself but know that you're not alone!

You have to get "the bug". GET EXCITED and the people you call will feel it. I have been taking "5 minutes" each day to get on the phone. Now I am doing it a couple times a day, but I am booking a show on almost every call! Why wouldnt they want to book, I am offering the greatest deal in town :) There is no magic words, except PICK UP THE PHONE!!

Call people who ordered the most from you in the past---offer a pre-Christmas shopping party--now that kids are in school, that comes next! Check your local malls and see if there are any days you can set up a table to get leads.

mscharf said:
You have to get "the bug". GET EXCITED and the people you call will feel it. I have been taking "5 minutes" each day to get on the phone. Now I am doing it a couple times a day, but I am booking a show on almost every call! Why wouldnt they want to book, I am offering the greatest deal in town :) There is no magic words, except PICK UP THE PHONE!!

You definitely have to say some magic words... What do you say?

I don't like to say a lot of what PC suggests because it sounds fake and "cheesy"....

It is quite simple, not magic. I always say "Hi ___________, this is Michelle with The Pampered Chef. We met at______________.
If we met at a booth I say: I noticed you checked________ on your prize drawing slip. We have an amazing hostess program and a fabulous September host special!! Would you like to go ahead and set a date for your party!? If they hesitate, I saw we can set a tentative date and i can give you a call back tomorrow to make sure that date will work for you.
ALWAYS create a sense of urgency. Doesn't matter if u have 1 show on your calendar or 10! They can't see your schedule, so even if you aren't almost fully booked, let them believe that you are! I will ask what day of week works best for them and then give them the next two. Even if the 1st available is 5 days away, give them that date and the next one. Statistically they always pick the 2nd date, so if you want bookings NOW don't give them the date 2 and then 3 weeks from now. Give them the one 5 days and a week and 5 days from now!!

SO here is what you do: GET OFF CHEF SUCCESS and pick up the phone!! I am saying this in the nicest way possible, but reading inspirational posts will not get you bookings! Getting on the phone and GOING FOR NO will get you the bookings you need. Then you can come back tomorrow or the next day and tell us about your success!! GOOD LUCK!

I totally understand. My business has not gone well at all. I have been doing this almost a year now and have had one cooking show. The only way I have been able to stay afloat is through the use of catalog shows. I can not find anyone who is willing to help out and book a show for me. I hate to get on the phone and ask people to book. I feel like I am asking for a hand out, but I guess I will too have to get over it and try it out. Good luck to all.

A co-consultant of mine went to conference and she said at one of the training sessions they recommened calling your guest who have items that have passed their warranty or are about to. See if they want to or need to replace the item(s). Another idea is to call past guest or host who have purchased in the past the items that are the host special and/or guest special this month.

Good Luck! By the way I am with you too - I am unmotivated to call after I get home from my day job. I started making my calls on Saturday mornings between 10AM and 12pm. It seems to work better for me. Hopefully it will work for you!

One show booked for next Friday, the 17th!

Yay!! Congrats! Keep up the good work!!

Congrats! It really is simple, you have to ask. No way around it...whether it's by phone or in person. Just like any job, you have to report and do the job whether you're feeling it or not. The beauty of our biz is that you get to decide when to do it, but you still need to do it.

I always ask if I as an employer would be satisfied with myself as the employee. If the answer is no, then you'll know what needs to be done.

Keep going....see how many you can get, and add 1-2 extras just in case. =)

Yay for you!I am avoiding the phone because a) my work schedule is wacky and b) I have a cold and feel like crud! But when I am better I am going to call some potential hosts. Tell them that no, stoneware is not on sale as I had hoped, however, if they have a $500 show they can easily get both pieces they want for FREE, and their odds of a bigger show are greater in the fall selling season. So what date works best for them?

Use your heart to run your business and not your need for extra income. Get with the people that had good shows and ask them for help finding new contacts. Look for someone that needs a fundraiser.

Also, call all your past guests who purchased pantry items. They probably have been wanting more, and just haven't thought to call you, or lost your number, or whatever!!

The biggest thing I learned from conference was to GO FOR NO. Don't be afraid of it, make 3 NO's per day your goal!!! Who knows how many yes's you'll get!!!

Freddies, I know the feeling too! With being without a full time job and trying to find one, I goofed! I got so miserable with all the no's from that, that I am very unwilling to go after the no's with PC. I am sorry but you can only take so many no's! I AM SUCH A DOPE! PC could be my full time job but I am listening to everyone else and realized this last night. So, instead of waiting for something to happen, I decided I need to make something happen. Starting today in fact! I printed 25 fliers with the September and October Host Specials on them. I put them in 25 catalogs and put them in my tote. Yes, I will carry it! I am going to go to some of the neighbors homes as well as the little restaurant/bar on the corner with this info. I will also be taking the tote every where I go. I think I am finally sick to death of my own fears. Grab the bull by the horns and decide which is more important. Your financial well being or protecting your self from NO! or anything else anyone could say on the phone. It is not like they can reach through and shoot you ya know? All they can do is say NO! Now go get em!

pampered1224 said:
Freddies, I know the feeling too! With being without a full time job and trying to find one, I goofed! I got so miserable with all the no's from that, that I am very unwilling to go after the no's with PC. I am sorry but you can only take so many no's! I AM SUCH A DOPE! PC could be my full time job but I am listening to everyone else and realized this last night. So, instead of waiting for something to happen, I decided I need to make something happen. Starting today in fact! I printed 25 fliers with the September and October Host Specials on them. I put them in 25 catalogs and put them in my tote. Yes, I will carry it! I am going to go to some of the neighbors homes as well as the little restaurant/bar on the corner with this info. I will also be taking the tote every where I go. I think I am finally sick to death of my own fears. Grab the bull by the horns and decide which is more important. Your financial well being or protecting your self from NO! or anything else anyone could say on the phone. It is not like they can reach through and shoot you ya know? All they can do is say NO! Now go get em!

...and don't forget to bring your calendar with you! Good Luck!

I am in the same boat, but I HAVE to do it this week. I just did a shift @ the state fair last Thursday and have about 6 or 7 people who definately want to do a cooking/catalog show, so I am going to make myself do it tonight while I am sitting at my boys' football practice.

wish me luck :)

I'm only in my first 30 days (today as a matter of fact!) I have had 3 cooking shows, and two catalog shows, so I've met my 30 day goal and made the 200 pc bucks!!! Yesterday I had my 3rd show. It was a great turnout ($550 in sales with a few orders coming in today/tomorrow), but not one booking! I was so disappointed. I thought the show went really well and I asked all of the right questions at the full service checkout, but nothing. I have 1 cooking show next week, one catalog show going right now, a table at a fundraiser at the end of the month, and 1 cooking show mid October... but that isn't enough! I know I need to get on the phone, but I'm very nervous about it... When is a good time to call? If they aren't home do you leave a message? What number do you call - home or cell? Once I get the call going, I think I can go with it, it's just the getting started part (I feel like I'm jumping into a big, dark, unknown, hole...) yikes! Any suggestions?

I also struggle with this. I am officially out of our 90 days and badly need bookings. (right now I have 3 shows on the horizon and that is ALL). I just need to suck it up, but I am so afraid of sounding pushy. Do you all recommend any specific training or MP3s to listen to on how to do this? I did do the Customer Care online training.

1. How can I motivate myself to book shows as soon as possible?

One way to motivate yourself is to set a specific goal for the number of shows you want to book in a certain time frame. This can give you a sense of urgency and drive to reach your goal. Additionally, you can try breaking down the task of booking shows into smaller, more manageable steps to make it less overwhelming.

2. I'm feeling overwhelmed and don't know where to start with booking shows. What should I do?

Start by reaching out to your existing customers and friends to see if they would be interested in hosting a show. You can also utilize social media and online groups to find new potential hosts. Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from fellow consultants or your upline.

3. How do I make booking shows a priority when I have other responsibilities?

One way to prioritize booking shows is to schedule it into your daily or weekly routine. This could mean setting aside a specific time each day to reach out to potential hosts or dedicating a certain day of the week solely to booking shows. You can also try setting reminders or using a planner to keep track of your booking efforts.

4. I'm afraid of rejection when asking people to host a show. How can I overcome this fear?

Remember that rejection is a normal part of any sales job. Instead of focusing on the fear of rejection, try to focus on the benefits and joy that hosting a show can bring to your potential hosts. Also, keep in mind that the worst someone can say is no, and that's okay. Don't take it personally and move on to the next potential host.

5. What are some creative ways to book shows quickly?

Consider hosting a virtual show or a joint show with another consultant. You can also offer incentives or rewards for hosts who book a show within a certain time frame. Another idea is to reach out to local businesses or organizations to see if they would be interested in hosting a fundraiser show. Additionally, you can offer special discounts or promotions for hosting a show during a specific time period.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL