• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Love When People Recruit Themselves...

In summary, Deb recruited herself and is now a consultant. She is excited to have a new team member and is looking forward to submitting her consultant agreement later this month.
chefkathy
Just got off the phone...I have a gal signing at the end of the month. Yay!

She hosted for me over two years ago. We kinda stayed in touch, but I wasn't in regular phone contact with her. She was on email list and so always had my info in front of her.

She emailed me about two weeks ago that she wanted to talk to me about becoming a consultant. We talked last week Weds, she talked to hubby over the weekend, and then we just talked this afternoon and she already has 3 people ready to do shows for her!

yay!!!!!!!! Gas for me, stoneware for her, and a new team member! I love new blood!

I'm bringing her a QS box on Sunday and will have her fill out the consultant agreement then so I can submit it for her later this month after she gets paid. :)

Congrats, Deb!!!! Way to go!:)

WAHOO Deb.................

just out of curiousity, how many of us recruited ourselves?

I did!

Wooohoo!! Way to go!

Congrats Deb! Way To Go!

chefmeg said:

I did!

I did, too!

dannyzmom said:
I did, too!

me too - sorta! My director was floored when I called her (well, in all truth she had asked me 3 years before, but I told her no way - no how - I was not going to do that! :p)

I was a home office lead.

I had been asked by the consultant at the first show I went to and she courted me for a while. It was not the right time, I moved, we lost touch. I lived in CA at the time.Then when I moved to IL like 4-5 yrs later, the time was right. But I no longer had the info for the former consultant (well, I knew her name but didn't have her phone or email) and didn't really want to go find someone 2000 miles away, so I was a HO lead.I bet that first consultant is just kicking herself for losing touch with me now. I actually saw her in the elevator in San Fran and totally avoided eye contact. I get nervous at conference, leadership, and incentive trips hoping I won't run into her. Knowing what I know now, I feel badly that I didn't call her.

The first show I went to I told the consultant that I wanted to have a party in march because in April I was going to start remodeling my house. She called me in June. I told that I would need to wait until Oct when my house was done. In Sept I was invited to another party with a different consultant and scheduled my party with her. I never did hear back from the first one.

Michelle

That coulda been me Michelle! I was horrible with follow-up (am steadily getting better).

chefmeg said:

That was me too.

Congrats Deb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recruited myself. I had gone to a show and then had my bridal shower PC style. I was in college and so I don't remember if she actually asked me but I know she talked about her paychecks at the show.

Then 3 years later when I was 7 months pregnant I started looking at the different options. I kept leaning toward PC from my past experience and because I love to cook. It just so happened at the same time I got an invite to a show from someone at church. My husband is a very logical person (Engineer) so I was taking notes at the show. Some of them were things I might need to remember like warranty info but most of it was business info. I really freaked out the consultant (who I did sign with) because she couldn't figure out what I was writing. She told me later. My husband and I actually made a spread sheet of the different companies I was looking into.

Sometimes I think it clouds my view about recruiting because I just knew I was going to do it. I can't understand why others don't want to also.

cheftiffany said:
Sometimes I think it clouds my view about recruiting because I just knew I was going to do it. I can't understand why others don't want to also.

I think that's my problem too. I just don't understand why everyone doesn't give it a try - it's a no lose proposition.

I try to sell the bigger picture (replace an income, pay a bill, finance vacations...) and I wonder if I'm scaring people away. I don't want to let them have minimum expectations (4 shows and gone) but then maybe I'm losing out on a whole group of people...

I started because we needed the income due to my husband's job loss. I now pay my car payment and expenses, pay for vacations, and save for bigger things.

bethcooks4u said:
I try to sell the bigger picture (replace an income, pay a bill, finance vacations...) and I wonder if I'm scaring people away. I don't want to let them have minimum expectations (4 shows and gone) but then maybe I'm losing out on a whole group of people....

I think you answered your own question here Beth.;)

My former HD repeated again and again not to sell them our 'why'...nor decide how they should run their business. They are ethically entitled to walk away free and clear after qualifying. She really drilled into us that we have to respect that...and when we do, many who would have walked often choose to stick around.

I have quite a few folks whose monthly goal is only one or two shows...but that works for them. I support them and let them know if they every want to step it up, I'll support them in that too.;)

Wahooooooo Deb!!!!!!

legacypc46 said:
I think you answered your own question here Beth.;)

My former HD repeated again and again not to sell them our 'why'...nor decide how they should run their business. They are ethically entitled to walk away free and clear after qualifying. She really drilled into us that we have to respect that...and when we do, many who would have walked often choose to stick around.

I have quite a few folks whose monthly goal is only one or two shows...but that works for them. I support them and let them know if they every want to step it up, I'll support them in that too.;)

Funny thing is most of my team do one or two shows per month and some do just enough to stay active or go in and out. I have not recruited a clone of me yet. I have had several who did 4 shows and disappeared and others who did the minimum or less and now host shows for me - so I don't think they think I was too pushy.

I don't put pressure on them. I just point out the possibilities and try to create the desire. I am tired of only attracting the hobbyists though. Many of my recruits start out saying they want to make $500 or $1000 per month but then don't do anything and end up with that one or two shows per month. They say they want more but don't call, don't respond to offers of coaching, ...

bethcooks4u said:
They say they want more but don't call, don't respond to offers of coaching, ...

Seems some of our consultants must be hanging out together. :rolleyes:

bethcooks4u said:
I am tired of only attracting the hobbyists though.

Okay... so what are you saying that is attracting the hobbyists?

Change what you're saying to attract the others... Tell them EXACTLY the type of person you're looking for. :)

finley1991 said:
Okay... so what are you saying that is attracting the hobbyists?

Change what you're saying to attract the others... Tell them EXACTLY the type of person you're looking for. :)

That's it. I don't know. I tell my story (NOT a hobbyist) and I ask them things like "How much would you like to earn?" "Would you like to learn more about how our business could help you?" I never say: "You just have to do 4 shows" - unless they are close to going inactive, then I say that to help them at least qualify. I need to record myself or have someone listening to give me feedback.

chefmeg said:

I did!

I did!!!:)

bethcooks4u said:
That's it. I don't know. I tell my story (NOT a hobbyist) and I ask them things like "How much would you like to earn?" "Would you like to learn more about how our business could help you?" I never say: "You just have to do 4 shows" - unless they are close to going inactive, then I say that to help them at least qualify. I need to record myself or have someone listening to give me feedback.

Remember the 80-20 rule! About 80% of consultants are hobbiests! And 20 % should be those that do 80% of your team sales. And I bet if you added up team sales and then figured out the percentages your team will be right in line. :)

When it comes to recruiting people who want more, I do beleive it depends on how you discuss the opportunity. But since, I have never had anyone that wants more...I don't have the answer to this one!!:cry:

However, my recruiting has improved 100% in the past 5 months!:) And of course, everybody says what are you doing....I am just presenting the opportunity to every host at least 3 times before her show...and at the shows I am talking about the opportunity more...and I am playing a ticket game.

1. What does it mean to "recruit yourself" in Pampered Chef?

Recruiting yourself in Pampered Chef means becoming a consultant and starting your own business with the company. It involves purchasing a starter kit and then building your team and customer base.

2. Is recruiting yourself in Pampered Chef a good opportunity?

Yes, recruiting yourself in Pampered Chef can be a great opportunity for those looking to start their own business, work from home, and earn extra income. The company offers training, support, and a wide range of products to sell.

3. Do I need to have experience in sales to recruit myself in Pampered Chef?

No, prior sales experience is not required to become a consultant with Pampered Chef. The company provides training and resources to help you succeed in your business.

4. How much does it cost to recruit myself in Pampered Chef?

The cost to recruit yourself in Pampered Chef varies depending on the starter kit you choose. Kits range from $99 to $259 and include a selection of products, business supplies, and training materials.

5. Can I recruit myself in Pampered Chef while still working a full-time job?

Yes, you can recruit yourself in Pampered Chef while still working a full-time job. The company offers flexible hours and allows you to work at your own pace, so you can build your business around your schedule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • ChefJami83
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Karen Weber