• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Know What I Want to Be When I Grow Up!

In summary, Tammy is applying to vet tech school and Harvey, her cat, has been diagnosed with diabetes. She has been researching the program and is excited about the challenge. She is grateful for her current job and is inspired by her cat.
sk8rgrrl99
I just applied to vet tech school. I never thought I could do it before but since Harvey (my kitty - avatar picture) has been diagnosed with diabetes I've had to give him shots twice a day. And he's a cat I love dearly. So if I can do that then certainly I could give injections to other animals once I learn how. I've researched this a ton online, looked into programs, etc and I applied to one today!!! Wish me luck. :)

congratulations on that huge step!!
good luck! :D

Good Luck. I love our vet and our vet loves our pets! I have a niece who has been working in a vet's office in Indy. Loves it and plans on going to school for that, too.

Congratulations! Sometimes its hard to take that big step! Good for you! :)

That is great to find your 'calling'. I wish you the best.

Best wishes!

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited about this. I have been in IT for many years now and it's just not my calling. It's good money but there are WAY more important things in life than money.

Amen to that Sarah! Glad you found the job that will make you happy~that's what it is all about!

Best wishes !!!

Wow that is awesome! I've often wished I would have become a vet tech! I'll be jealous when you graduate and get your job!

How cool, good luck too you :)

Thanks everyone! I'm waiting to see if I get accepted to the school. I'm crossing my fingers. :)

That is great congratulations! Your title is cute because don't most little girls want to be vets to help and be around animals, you're actually going for it! All the best to you.

Sarah, congrats to you and sorry to hear about your cat. I know someone with a diabetic cat and its like having a child with an illness. She has to be home to give shots and feed him at the right times or he gets "sluggish" and its hard for her to leave him with anyone because most people are squeamish about giving animals injections. So my hats off to anyone who takes care of sick pets, its not like having a healthy kitty. I hope you and Harvey can get into a good routine and he stays healthy for many years to come!

Tammy

We're getting into a pretty good routine so far. If he wants breakfast and I'm not up yet he comes in and stands on me. lol. He's training me well. My boyfriend and I want to go camping on Labor Day weekend but thankfully my vet can board Harvey and feed him, give him his shots, etc on schedule. He really is my inspiration right now. He taught me that I CAN be a vet tech and work with animals. I don't have to be afraid of injections, etc. I really can do it! :)

Related to I Know What I Want to Be When I Grow Up!

1. What age is appropriate for children to start thinking about what they want to be when they grow up?

The concept of "when I grow up" can start as early as preschool or kindergarten, but it's important to keep in mind that children's interests and aspirations can change as they grow and mature. By middle school or early high school, children can start exploring their interests and considering potential career paths.

2. How do I support my child in figuring out what they want to be when they grow up?

Encourage your child to explore their interests and try new things. Take them to career fairs, introduce them to people in different professions, and expose them to a variety of activities and experiences. Ask them about their interests and what they enjoy doing, and help them research different career options.

3. Can my child have more than one dream job?

Absolutely! It's common for children (and adults) to have multiple interests and passions. Encourage your child to pursue all of their interests, and remind them that it's okay if their dream job changes over time.

4. What if my child doesn't know what they want to be when they grow up?

That's perfectly normal! Many adults still don't know exactly what they want to be when they grow up. Encourage your child to keep exploring their interests and trying new things. Remind them that it's okay if they don't have a clear answer right now, and that they have plenty of time to figure it out.

5. How can I help my child turn their dream job into a reality?

Encourage your child to set goals and make a plan for achieving their dream job. Help them research the necessary education, skills, and experience needed for their desired career path. Offer support and guidance, but ultimately let your child take the lead in pursuing their dreams.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Tara1021
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tara1021
  • rennea