• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have Two 18 Y/O Recruits - Tips Please

In summary, In Debbie's opinion, the biggest benefits of doing PC are the flexible schedule, earning as much as you would with three jobs, and the fact that most products are under $20. She also recommends that college kids establish a customer base before they go to school.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I have had these two young ladies at two of my shows recently. Last night they both approached me about the business :D . One of them is already 18, the other will be 18 in a few months. They are both going away to college in the fall and want to earn extra money. Their moms were with them. One mom didn't appear to be as supportive as the other mom. I gave them the new recruiting booklet and told them that I'd call on Friday to answer their questions. I also told them about Jillian Eisenberg and another consultant in my cluster who started her biz when she was 18 and she is very successful (PC is her only source of income).

Where should I go from here? How do I help convince the mom who isn't so supportive to give her daughter a chance at this (her daughter is the one that seems to be the most excited about it too - her wish list is HUGE!) Both girls are cute as they can be.

What is the best way to go forward with this?

Thanks!

Talk about the flexible schedule, great income opportunity while they go to college. Maybe compare it to a regular part time job that her kid may get in college. How the money can be better, learning great skills in the kitchen plus other skills that could last a lifetime.

We have an AD in our group who started her business in college just to earn money through the summer and then was going to quit when school started again. You can only guess what happened from there.

I've had a couple of young recruits - one 19, and I have one now who is just 20. What I've noticed with them, is that they need more help with the business aspects of the business - setting up a checking account, direct deposit, debit card......
As soon as they sign - encourage them to take the online training - that has worked very well for my newest young recruit. She is very bright, but there are a lot of things she doesn't consider, because she's young - without as much life experience - so she needs more help then most with things like overcoming objections, and cross selling, etc.....she's a quick learner, and I don't feel like I have to do a lot of hand-holding - just have to be very detailed in my training with her.

All of these tips are good. Also you need to help them establish a customer base NOW before they go to college.

College students love our products, but, IMHO, have small shows due to limited funds. If a customer base is established that they can keep in contact with while away at school, they will have an ongoing group to send newsletters, sale fliers, etc.

Extra incomeExtra income to a college student is a blessing and anything is better than babysitting, or getting a job at the mall or nearby restaurant where they end up working late hours.
PC is perfect for anyone but specifically for college kids, state the benefits to them and to mom:

1. Flexible schedule to work around studying, classes, social activities, etc
2. Helping with fundraisers on campus - the possibilities are endless
3. Meeting other local college kids and their families to have shows!
4. Earning as much as you would working those three jobs in a week that, I mentioned above in only a few hours!
5. 66% of our catalog is under $20 right? So that fits anyone's budget, even college kids.
Congrats Linda I hope it works out for you and these young gals!!

Debbie :chef:

I'm 20 and LOVE doing PC. You can PM me if you want anymore info from someone that's in college and in that age range.

What are the most important things to keep in mind when managing two 18-year-old recruits?

The most important things to keep in mind when managing two 18-year-old recruits are communication, setting clear expectations, providing guidance and support, and creating a positive and inclusive team environment.

How can I effectively communicate with my 18-year-old recruits?

To effectively communicate with your 18-year-old recruits, it is important to use clear and direct language, actively listen to their concerns and ideas, and provide regular feedback and updates. It can also be helpful to use various forms of communication, such as in-person meetings, group chats, and email, to cater to different communication preferences.

What are some tips for setting clear expectations for my 18-year-old recruits?

To set clear expectations for your 18-year-old recruits, it is important to define their roles and responsibilities, provide detailed instructions and guidelines, and regularly check in to ensure they understand and are meeting expectations. It can also be helpful to involve them in the goal-setting process and provide opportunities for them to ask questions and provide feedback.

How can I provide guidance and support to my 18-year-old recruits?

To provide guidance and support to your 18-year-old recruits, it is important to establish a mentorship relationship, provide resources and training opportunities, and offer constructive feedback and advice. It can also be helpful to encourage them to ask for help when needed and to provide opportunities for them to develop their skills and knowledge.

How can I create a positive and inclusive team environment for my 18-year-old recruits?

To create a positive and inclusive team environment for your 18-year-old recruits, it is important to promote teamwork and collaboration, recognize and celebrate their achievements, and encourage open communication and respect among team members. It can also be helpful to address any conflicts or issues promptly and foster a culture of inclusivity and diversity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies