• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Can't Get My Saute Pan Clean. Help!!!!

In summary, Dawn's new 8 inch SS pan is beautiful but she is afraid to use it because of the brown residue around the top of the pancake pan. She tried using the recommended cleaning methods but they did not work. Bar Keepers Friend is the magic cleaner for SS and
Dawn4
Gold Member
I am sooooo upset. :cry: I used my 8 inch saute pan for the second time last night and I can't get it clean. I fried up potatoe pancakes and now there is a brown residue all around the top portion of the pan. :eek: I soaked it over night. I tried Noxon, which is supposed to clean stainless steel. I tried vinegar and water like the cleaning directions that came with it said, but nothing is getting it off. Any suggestions???

go to walmart and get some bar keepers friend or cameo. I have SS pans and that stuff works like a charm:)

I will try it. I can't bring it to a show looking like this. Thanks for the advice.

when you get the stuff (cameo works better, but they don't sell it where I live) pour it in the pan. It will be a white powder. Then, add a few drops of water to make a paste. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then rub in a circular motion until its all off. It comes off SO EASY!

They definately have Cameo where I live. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks!!

Is Cameo or bar keepers friend found in the cleaners section?

This is why I don't like SS for my own home use! I got the new 8" SS pan yesterday and it is gorgeous! But I will just leave it in the new condition so I can take it to shows.

kely_40 said:
Is Cameo or bar keepers friend found in the cleaners section?

Yes. It is in a can like Comet or something.

I know my food store sells the Cameo with the kitchen and bathroom cleaners. I think it's with the Borax.

I've had mine under the broiler when I made the pizza in it several times now & haven't had a problem getting it clean. I have used the Bar Keeper's Friend.

I just received my new SS pan yesterday and now I am afraid to even try to use it! I don't want to take it to a show if it looks bad!

Let me know what works, Dawn. I have a consultant who's husband pan fried yellow squash in it and they can not get the yellow out. It does say not to fry in it... I am holding my breath and waiting to see what happens with these pans. I don't think they will be any worse than using any other high quality SS pan, it is just that people that aren't used to working with anything but non-stick (including myself) will have some challenges such as these.
Thanks for sharing not only this issue you are having, but all of these solutiions too.:thumbup:

Bar Keepers Friend is the magic cleaner for SS. I used it on my All Clad all the time.

It will take some time to get used to SS. I don't like it b/c of the maintenance factor, which is why I dumped my All Clad when I got the Exec. I need a few key SS pans (non stick just doesn't brown foods well), but I'll be sticking with my Exec most of the time.

I'm not using mine - no way. I saving it for shows so that it stays pretty and will keep using my Exec at home.

Does the Bar Keepers Friend scratch it? My FIL used it on their faucet and it looked terrible. I've been scared to use it since.

No, the bar keepers friend in and of itself will NOT SCRATCH it. However, what you use to scrub with might. I just use a towel.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! The Cameo worked. I finally made it up to the food store today to pick up Cameo and it cleaned every spot on my pan. How I ever lived without this product I don't know. I'm assuming I can use it on my knives as well???

I used the SS cleaner that I use for my fridge (it says safe for cookware and other uses) and it came out great!!! No extra spending for me!!!

baychef said:
It does say not to fry in it...

Ummm, I guess I should have read the use & care?? Maybe I don't want anymore SS pans....??

You're not supposed to fry in the SS saute pan? Please give me a definition of fry and why a high-quality pan won't work. What are you supposed to use? (I'm obviously one of the PC consultants who didn't join because "she loves to cook")...

Related to I Can't Get My Saute Pan Clean. Help!!!!

1. Why is my saute pan so difficult to clean?

There are a few potential reasons for this. It could be due to a buildup of cooking residue, using too high of heat, or not properly seasoning the pan.

2. What is the best way to clean a saute pan?

The best way to clean a saute pan is to fill it with hot water and a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for a few minutes, then use a non-abrasive sponge or brush to scrub away any residue. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a towel.

3. Can I use steel wool or other abrasives to clean my saute pan?

No, it is not recommended to use steel wool or other abrasives on a saute pan as it can scratch the surface and damage the non-stick coating. Stick to non-abrasive sponges or brushes for cleaning.

4. How often should I clean my saute pan?

It's important to clean your saute pan after each use to prevent buildup and maintain its non-stick properties. However, if you do notice significant residue or sticking, it may be necessary to deep clean the pan with hot water and soap.

5. Is there a way to prevent food from sticking to my saute pan?

Yes, there are a few ways to prevent food from sticking to your saute pan. First, make sure to properly season your pan before use. Also, avoid using high heat and instead cook on medium or medium-low heat. Finally, use a small amount of oil or cooking spray to help with non-stick cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
patty42240
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies