• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Well Does Vista Perform on Your Laptop?

I don't think you need to worry about having to get Vista if you don't want to.P3 will work fine on Vista, but it's a bit more complicated to use than the programs in Windows XP. With Vista, you can right-click on any program and select "properties." This will give you a lot more information about the program, including how to disable it if you don't want it to start automatically. Office 2003 is still compatible with Vista.
rebeccastt
Silver Member
For those of you that have laptops with Vista, how has it been working for you? I've read the other threads about contacting tech support to install it, but after that, has there been any problems? How much memory do you have? My laptop crashed and I'm thinking of just buying a new one, but I'm concerned about having to get Vista.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Also, does it still work with Office 2003?

Thank you!!!!!!

Bumping this....Help!

It took a little getting used to (everything is in a different place with Vista), but I love it! You definitely need to have Tech Support help you install P3 (unless they've got the install bugs taken care of by now...), but after that it's fine. If you are not already using P3, that will take a little getting used to as well (everything is in a different place there too!). I have a new lap top so I've got a ton a memory (2GB). and, yes Vista is compatible with Office 2003 - a freind gave me Office 2007 and wow is that ever different too!

Thank you so much Linda! I really appreciate your input.

I love the vista program. It was a pain to install P3, but I had to get mine practically the day Vista came out.

Don't bother trying to install it yourself. Call Tech support like Linda said. They will walk you through it.

Vista won't let some programs autimatically start up. And that is a great thing. I was at my friends house and her computer with high speed internet was crawling because of all of the programs that her kids unknowingly installed.

Does Vista really slow down your computer? Is it a laptop? I'm trying to decide which one to buy and I've heard/read that Vista can really be a memory hog. How much memory do you have? What processor is it?

Sorry for all of these technical questions....buying a computer is stressful. There are so many and you never know what you are going to get as far as how well it runs. :)

My computer is brand new and it's quite speedy!

Memory: 2GB
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

I've got a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4477 Notebook. It's much much more computer than I need, but it was mismarked at the store so I got it for a steal! I'm not a techie either, but I have a friend who is and he helped me pick out my laptop.

I also have a brand new lap top -- I have 2 gb memory and the Intel Centrino Duo Processor.

It's an HP Pavilion.

I've been very happy with Vista -- takes just a little time to get used to. Definitely get the home premium though -- the stuff that makes Vista fun isn't included in the home basic.

I was worried about the P3 installed and called and emailed tech support before I did anything. They sent me a very simple email (I had to change the directory that I installed the program to) and it's worked perfectly fine.

Related to How Well Does Vista Perform on Your Laptop?

What are the system requirements for running Vista?

The minimum system requirements for running Vista are a 1 GHz processor, 1 GB of RAM, and 15 GB of available hard disk space. However, it is recommended to have a 2 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM, and at least 20 GB of available hard disk space for optimal performance.

Can I upgrade from Windows XP to Vista?

Yes, you can upgrade from Windows XP to Vista. However, it is important to note that not all versions of Windows XP are eligible for an upgrade to Vista. You can use the Windows Upgrade Advisor tool to determine if your current version of Windows can be upgraded to Vista.

Do I need to back up my files before installing Vista?

It is always recommended to back up your files before installing a new operating system. While the Vista installation process should preserve your files, it is better to be safe and have a backup in case of any issues during the installation.

How do I activate my copy of Vista?

Vista can be activated by going to the Control Panel, selecting System and Maintenance, and then clicking on System. From there, click on "Change product key" and enter the product key that came with your copy of Vista. You may need to activate by phone if there are any issues with online activation.

Is it possible to downgrade from Vista to a previous version of Windows?

Yes, it is possible to downgrade from Vista to a previous version of Windows, but it is not a simple process. You will need to have a valid license and installation media for the previous version of Windows, and may also need to make changes to your computer's BIOS settings. It is recommended to consult a professional if you are considering downgrading from Vista.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AMTC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AMTC
  • dianevill
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • AldeaY