• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Was Your January - Hobbyist/Part-Time Version

In summary, Janet had a successful January with 4200 in sales. She is hoping to have 2,000 points by the end of double points and 3,000 by the end of February.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Hey guys! I thought I'd start a thread for those who only do this hobby/part-time so you wouldn't feel bad posting your totals when everyone else at the higher part-time/full-time range is around 10,000.

I am at 1,550...how about you?

I'm at 1810 and was pretty excited about it until I saw all those totals on the other thread.

Good job Patti - still be excited! They are at a different pace - you did great for where you are!

I'm only at around 2000. I am part-time tying to be full time but the shows just didn't stick in January. Hopefully I can get some more submitted during double points!

PointsWell since I shifted gears from Hobby to PT this year, I am at 2400 points.
I had two shows in January $500 and $700.

I've got two more shows booked for next month and maybe a fundraiser. It's so exciting!!

Debbie :D

Does it count if you're part time and want to be full time? lol I had exactly one catalog show in January after my others cancelled. But, she did great and ended up with a $525 show. That finally got me qualified so I got the 2000 bonus points (which I'd forgotten about) for a total of 3050 points. I'm happy with it but I keep thinking if only those other shows hadn't cancelled or I could have found others to take their places. lol Oh well.

I did about $860 , not my best month after the holiday season and a cancellation

Great thread, Janet!

My January ended up a lot better than I expected. I only had 2 cookings shows, but then someone ended up doing a catalog show and I signed a recruit. Counting her (she should qualify tomorrow), I'll be at 7600 points. My one cooking show was $1298! Not my usual show! I don't have anything else "double" coming up, so that's it for me. I'll still take it, though!

Keep reading the other thread, too. Use it as encouragement!

5800 pts for me! I did 3083 in sales and all but about $250 was in the double points period. WAHOO!

I am just over 1000, most of my January shows fell through so no luck for me!

I am a part timer, but lucky for me I had a great January - 4200 in sales and I had a 500 show last night that we are closing but will before the double point deadline - AND just got home from a show and the host coaching totally paid off - get this.... show sales 1500 and climbing AND 2 bookings!! Called my DH on the way home - all he said was "double points!!" LOL -

Now I need to book more in March!! I am happy with my 4 in Feb - (wouldnt turn one down though!!)

Well, if it makes you all feel better... you ALL did better than ME! After some very difficult personal issues since November, I'm just getting back on track. I really tried to get something going in January, but NO LUCK! I made ONE small sale of.. oh, I don't know... around $20 or so!

BUT, BUT, BUT... I DID get on the phone and picked up a cataog show and cooking show for February (from the same person:eek: !), at least one more possible cooking show and did my 3-2-1 for four days straight! WaHoo for me!!!:D

I had one show in Jan. We're closing tomorrow @ 1200 in sales. I've got a catalog that will close before the deadline too, but I don't know that it will be very much. I should be around 3000 points by the time double points is over.

I only have 430 points. I had 1 small catalog show to keep me active (I had a tough fall/winter with starting grad school and working a job I HATED!). However I have a show tomorrow, my mystery host show later in February and I'm hoping for a few bookings tomorrow (10 confirmed guests for a 10:30 brunch show -- woohoo!). Now that my first term is behind me and I quit my job 2 weeks ago and started a new graduate assistantship that I LOVE I am hoping for a consistent 4 shows a month. I'm hoping for 2,000 points by the end of double points and 3,000 by the end of February. I may have started slow, but I can do it!

Only one show in January, but it was just over $1000-and during double points. I have a catalog and cooking that will close before double points end, but I'm not expecting big numbers from either.
Reading other part timer's points make me feel much better! We can do it, We just won't be half way there by the end of February!!

Thanks so much for this thread...it makes me feel so much better!! I am a newbie and trying to get my business booming....right now I have about 2300 points...and I am sooo excited! My business is FINALLY starting to pick up a bit and I have 4 cooking shows and a catalog show for February....I've only been having about 1-2 shows/month until now, so I am VERY excited!

I am at 5353 points for January (1 recruit qualified) I still have 3 shows for february for double points, so I hope for more.

I ended my Jan lower then I have closed months out in awhile I closed it out at 1200 by the skin of my teeth. I submitted them both at 11 central time. One 600 dollar show was not in the double points so I am at about 1700 points

I'm at 1361 so far. Not great, but January is not a busy month for me with PC. Feb, definitely busier! Now, if I'd just get over the fear of the ....yeses, I'd be good! No fear of the phone, just feel overwhelmed if I have too many things going at once. Sign of...unorganization! I need to come up with a system that works for me so I that I am able to follow up with several hosts at once. Congrats to everyone getting off to a great start!!

I had a horrible month. I did pick up a catalog show, but now can't get in touch with the host to close it out. Hopefully, I can do that in the next couple of days. My sister was going to sign but has decided against it because she got engaged right before the holidays. So, now she doesn't have time - but that's another story. Everyone in the house has been sick over the past few weeks and slowly, very slowly getting better.
I am setting some high goals for the next few months, because I need to build consistency. I hope to make some calls over the next week and get things moving.
Good luck and congrats to everyone that had great months.

Tara1021 said:
5800 pts for me! I did 3083 in sales and all but about $250 was in the double points period. WAHOO!

Tara, don't forget the extra 1500 in points for selling over $3,000. I think your points are over 7,300!

I have 3055pts as of right now.

I did really great since I had 3 cancellations out of 4. The 1 show closed at $1,066.92! I was so happy! That is the best Jan. I ever had! I have only 1 show again this month but am looking to turn that around. My points are 2134 and all I need is 75866? I think that's right. Anyway, I have Paris in mind so I need to get cracking :)

I have a $200 to $300 show ready to go in ... and another catalog show pending which will close in February. (POSSIBLY within the double points period but I'm not too concerned about that.) This is very, very, very part-time for me and I've had some personal challenges that have slowed me down ... but February looks to be a better month.

thanks so much for starting this thread....and can we add our non-sales success? after a rip-roaring start in late nov/early dec, my january was pretty lame - 3 shows, about 3000 points (once doubled). BUT i have 4 feb and 6 march bookings, signing my first recruit next week, have several others in the interview/decision process.

so, let's celebrate all our other accomplishments this month, including the biggest one - staying positive and focused during a statistically icky month!!!

yay everyone!

$3000 in points? That is flippin fantastic! I WISH I could sell $1500 in one month! Especially January ... EVERYONE in our team had cancelations!

My goal is $1250 in sales each month and I just realized with my current show minimum I need at least 6 shows to get there ... I frequently only host 2 in a month.

So my NON SALES achievements are these:

* FINALLY bit the bullet and started 3-2-1! I realized that I must shoot for 2 shows a week in order to get the income I need!
* Made up my own little e-mail newsletter.
* The early results ... I have 2 shows pending, two definite bookings that just need a date, a craft show lead and several people who are intrigued by the idea and my own "help whip cancer" promotion.
* I worked a bridal fair and gained many leads which I am working!
* I attended a regional training AND GOT INSPIRED!

I'm not sure what my points will be yet. I've had 2 shows. One closed at around 750 the other is still going strong at 800. Going to close by thursday so we'll see then.

I'm with the majority and had a horrible Jan! After submitting a show tomorrow I will have around 1200 pts. give or take. No where near the pts I had last year at 4000! :(

Oh well, I guess I will have to make them up when my recruits qualify and keep adding to my team this year! ;)

Last edited:
We had a bad January too. We're only at 980 for January. I have one that was on Feb 1st & it's just barely over 200. We have 2 more scheduled for February...we'll see what happens. We're getting on the phones again today. All we keep hearing is nobody has money & too many friends out of work. UGH!!! I know it'll get better but we really wanted a strong start to the year.

I only had two Jan. shows and just got them both submitted. Total commissionalbe sales $1629.18 = 3258 points!!

I'm really excited because these two shows were the first two "out of my circle" and I got three bookings off of them. All of them for Feb. I have two more shows before double points end and one of those is a brand new "out of circle" group.

I had 2 shows and have 1972 points. I am really happy with my Jan this year. I tripled my sales from last year. My goal is 4-5 shows a month and I will be on track for that in March! I want to make enough to pay for part time preschool for my daughter and have a little extra for the "fun" things for the 2 of us!

same boat (sort of)
cpaylor said:
I had a horrible month. I did pick up a catalog show, but now can't get in touch with the host to close it out. Hopefully, I can do that in the next couple of days. My sister was going to sign but has decided against it because she got engaged right before the holidays. So, now she doesn't have time - but that's another story. Everyone in the house has been sick over the past few weeks and slowly, very slowly getting better.
I am setting some high goals for the next few months, because I need to build consistency. I hope to make some calls over the next week and get things moving.
Good luck and congrats to everyone that had great months.

when I read this I thought of my family.. I too had a bad month and had a catalog show that kept me active.. My kids are not well and I've been fighting something too. We're sick right now and struggling with feeling better. Although I don't have any recruits.. only a friend in NC who isn't wanting to commit right now. I'm trying to set a goal of 5 shows a month and to reach level 1. I hope to make some calls this next week too. I set myself up so I HAVE to because I emailed that I would. Figured then I wouldn't talk myself out of it. Good luck to you too!

OK ... update ...

Show #6 just submitted on this, my 90th day. This takes me past $1250 in my first 90. Yay! More PC dollars for me!

And show #7 is close to closing ... past host is interested in COOKWARE .. this boosts her free product value ... YAY for her!

(Do we get points on 60 percent off items?)

Related to How Was Your January - Hobbyist/Part-Time Version

1. How do I track my January sales as a Pampered Chef hobbyist/part-time consultant?

As a hobbyist/part-time consultant, you can track your January sales by keeping a record of all the orders you receive and the total amount of sales each order brings in. You can also use the Pampered Chef consultant portal to track your sales and commission earnings.

2. How do I balance my Pampered Chef business with my other part-time job?

Balancing a Pampered Chef business with another part-time job can be challenging, but it's important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. Set aside specific hours for your Pampered Chef business and focus on tasks that will bring in the most sales and commissions.

3. What are some effective ways to promote my Pampered Chef business on a part-time basis?

As a part-time consultant, it's important to make the most of your limited time and resources. Some effective ways to promote your business include hosting online parties, attending local events and fairs, and utilizing social media to showcase your products and share your consultant link.

4. How can I increase my sales as a part-time Pampered Chef consultant?

One of the best ways to increase your sales as a part-time consultant is by building relationships with your customers. Offer excellent customer service and follow up with them after each purchase to see if they need any additional products or if they would be interested in hosting a party. You can also offer special promotions and discounts to entice customers to make a purchase.

5. How do I set realistic goals for my Pampered Chef business as a part-time consultant?

Setting realistic goals for your business is important, especially as a part-time consultant. Take into account your other commitments and schedule when setting your goals. It's also helpful to break down your goals into smaller, achievable tasks to help you stay motivated and on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefAmber
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • DitzyChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • finley1991