• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Do Free Stuff With Bookings?

In summary, if you want to pay for the difference between the host discount and the product(s) you are giving as a consultant gift, you would add the payment and choose Consultant Payment. Then, you would take $20 off the total cost of the products.
missmindym
I've read of people doing this several times now and my recruiter told me about it as well, but we have a little bit of a language barrier. As much as I love her, I don't always understand her :blushing:. So, can someone tell me how this works? If I offer $20 in free product if they book and hold a show by such and such date. How do I give them the extra free product and does that come out of my pocket?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify!

Have her choose $20 worth of products, then add them onto her host order (so you get the host discount she has earned, plus you make commission on it) To pay for the difference, "add" a payment and choose Consultant Payment. I usually try to do this type of stuff AFTER her order is finalized with what she wants, and her payment is already entered. Then, I know any other total due on her order is what I have to pay...

Hope this makes sense! Let me know if it doesn't!

I have a question - would you cover the tax on the $20 or take $20 off the grand total (taxes and all)?

I'm new and I wondered the same thing!

I always have the host do her order first and pay for all outstanding orders so that the show balance is at $0. Then I add on the free item or items and use the unlimited discount. Add that total in as a consultant gift since it's a tax write off at the end of the year. If they choose a $20 item, I do cover the tax. So at a 20% host discount, a $20 item will only cost $16 plus tax.

I usually just take $20 off the total

Thanks ladies, that helps!

PChefPEI said:
I have a question - would you cover the tax on the $20 or take $20 off the grand total (taxes and all)?

I would rather cover the tax on a $20 item (or items) and get it at the discount, plus make commission. At 30% discount, you are paying about $15 out of pocket up front, and then you make a minimum of $2.80 on it (20% commission) so it ends up costing you about $12 for that $20 you gave to them.

If you take $20 off their order, it is costing you $20.

That's why, normally, I will offer them a specific product (cookbook with 3 kitchen shows booked, quick stir with 25 orders) so they don't get the idea that I will be taking a certain amount ($) off of their order.

KellyTheChef said:
I would rather cover the tax on a $20 item (or items) and get it at the discount, plus make commission. At 30% discount, you are paying about $15 out of pocket up front, and then you make a minimum of $2.80 on it (20% commission) so it ends up costing you about $12 for that $20 you gave to them.

If you take $20 off their order, it is costing you $20.

That's why, normally, I will offer them a specific product (cookbook with 3 kitchen shows booked, quick stir with 25 orders) so they don't get the idea that I will be taking a certain amount ($) off of their order.

Or you can say: What do you want for the $20 item you get from me. That tells them they have up to $20 to spend and sometimes they pick a smaller priced thing. (It's kind of like the 60% off items PC offers - with that they don't get a choice of items; with this they get to pick something up to $20). I too add it after all payment is made and put it in as a consultant gift. I am fine with them seeing that I didn't pay the full amount. They see that discount - a recruiting tool too.

redsoxgirl said:
I usually just take $20 off the total

If you add an extra $20, it adds to your commission. It's like upselling certain products.

WIN-WIN... I like it. Although, I have forgotten to mark them as consultant gifts in PP3. Whoops.:blushing:

Wow, I'm new and that sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the tips!!

wadesgirl said:
So at a 20% host discount, a $20 item will only cost $16 plus tax.
And once you factor in our commission of at least 20% that $20 item is now costing us only $12.80. I'd pay that any day if it meant the difference between someone hosting or not hosting a party!

Related to How to Do Free Stuff With Bookings?

1. How do I earn free products with bookings?

By hosting a Pampered Chef party and getting at least $200 in sales, you can earn free products with your bookings. For every $200 in sales, you can choose one product at 60% off the retail price. So the more sales you have, the more free products you can earn.

2. Can I choose any product as my free booking gift?

Yes, you can choose any product from the current Pampered Chef catalog as your free booking gift. However, the product must be in stock and cannot be a host-exclusive item.

3. How do I redeem my free booking gift?

Once your party reaches $200 in sales, your Pampered Chef consultant will provide you with a booking gift redemption form. You can then choose your free product and submit the form to your consultant, who will process your order.

4. Can I combine my free booking gifts with other promotions or discounts?

No, free booking gifts cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. However, you can still take advantage of any current host specials or guest discounts.

5. Is there a limit to how many free booking gifts I can earn?

No, there is no limit to how many free booking gifts you can earn. As long as you have at least $200 in sales for each party, you can continue to earn free products with your bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ponvn591
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
Replies