• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Should I Persue This Fundraiser

In summary, a local winery is seeking donations for cooking items for a family shelter. The opportunity for monthly events has been presented and one idea is to create a 'Wish List' of basic kitchen tools for the shelter. The items can be purchased through a cooking or catalog show and then donated to the shelter for those starting over. The host benefits from the show could be used to stock the shelter's kitchen or purchase more wish list items. Some suggested items for the wish list include a nylon tool set, food chopper, vegetable peeler, pizza cutter, and measuring cups.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
I have an awesome opportunity. A local winery is seeking donations for cooking items for the family shelter she announced in her newsletter. HMMMM- I emailed her and offered my services. She has done Silpada fundraisers in the tasting room.

She was thrilled- and wants me to be there monthly. AWESOME :thumbup:

now how should I do this I asked if she wants product or cash. Here is her response-

"I don’t’ know yet. You see, the shelter needs new pots and pans, and knives--- I know if the product is good. Sometimes it does walk out the door. But you know these folks have nothing and when they leave sometimes it is because they have a job for the first time ever- they don’t have cars, or furniture or anything and sometimes the stuff walks out the door. One thought I have is to provide the ones that are earnest and honest who do get their lives in order a parting gift of essential kitchen tools- so maybe we can put our heads together and put an on-going program in place to help the shelter out regularly- giving you great exposure and the shelter and the folks who need their support a boost in life. "

What would you offer the shelter?

nancycookspc said:
One thought I have is to provide the ones that are earnest and honest who do get their lives in order a parting gift of essential kitchen tools- so maybe we can put our heads together and put an on-going program in place to help the shelter out regularly- giving you great exposure and the shelter and the folks who need their support a boost in life. "

What would you offer the shelter?

I would create a 'Wish List' of basic kitchen tools.
Then the shelter could have a cooking or catalog show from which people could purchase the particular items on the wish list to donate as well as purchase for themselves.

The items purchased from the wishlist are then placed aside by the shelter to pass out to those starting over.

The host benefits from the show could be used by the shelter to stock their own kitchen and/or purchase more wish list items.

You could offer extra spending $ for the shelter (out of your commissions) or $ for each show booked.

For the wish list I would include items like:
Nylon tool set
Food Chopper
Vegetable Peeler
Pizza Cutter
Large Sheet Pan
Measuring Cup set
Adjustable measuring spoons
Batter bowl
Stainless Whisk
Mix n Scraper
Large Serving Spatula
Cheese Knife (I personally find this indispensable)
Colanders
Garlic Press

First of all, I think it's amazing that you have reached out to the local winery and offered your services for their cause. It's always heartwarming to see people coming together to help those in need.In terms of what to offer the shelter, I would suggest a combination of both product and cash donations. For the monthly events, you could provide a portion of your product sales as a donation to the shelter. This way, the shelter can receive both the much-needed kitchen items and also some financial support.Additionally, you could also set up a donation box at the winery where customers can donate cash or kitchen items directly to the shelter. This will not only provide more resources for the shelter, but also raise awareness about their cause to the winery's customers.Furthermore, as the winery owner mentioned, it would be great to have an ongoing program in place to regularly support the shelter. You could consider setting up a percentage of your sales to go towards the shelter on a monthly or quarterly basis. This will not only provide a consistent source of support for the shelter, but also increase your exposure and brand awareness as a socially responsible business.Lastly, it would be great to involve the shelter and their residents in the events at the winery. You could offer them a special discount or free samples of your products, and also invite them to participate in the events. This will not only give them a fun and enjoyable experience, but also show them that the community cares about their well-being.Overall, I believe a combination of product and cash donations, along with an ongoing program and involvement of the shelter, will be a great way to support their cause and make a positive impact in the community.

Related to How Should I Persue This Fundraiser

1. How do I get started with the fundraiser?

To get started with the fundraiser, you can reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to sign up. Our consultants will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary information and materials.

2. What products are available for the fundraiser?

We offer a wide range of high-quality kitchen products for the fundraiser. Our catalog includes cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and more. You can also choose from our special fundraising product bundles that are specifically designed for maximum profit.

3. How much profit will our organization make from the fundraiser?

The amount of profit your organization makes from the fundraiser will depend on the products you choose and the number of sales. On average, organizations can earn up to 15-20% profit from the sales. Our consultants can also provide you with tips and strategies to maximize your profits.

4. Do we have to handle the product delivery?

No, our consultants will handle the product delivery for you. You can choose to have the products shipped directly to your organization or have them delivered to individual customers. Our consultants will also provide you with all the necessary tracking information for the orders.

5. Are there any upfront costs or fees for the fundraiser?

No, there are no upfront costs or fees for the fundraiser. Our consultants will provide you with all the necessary materials, such as catalogs and order forms, free of charge. You will only need to pay for the products that are sold during the fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• infernogrl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
infernogrl
  • dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • kdangel518