• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many of You Are Making Chicken Your Way?

more flipping), so I can't speak to how it works with bone-in chicken. For my show this week I did the chicken in the grill pan with 2 different rubs..I cooked it before the show and wrapped it up and took in in the pan. At the show I talked about the rubs, grill pan, then cut it up on the new cutting board. Everyone loved them. I plan to do this at my shows for a little while with some of the sauces and dipping seasonings. It was easy and fun.This sounds like a great show idea! What kind of sauces do you put on the chicken? And what do you serve it with?I like "easy"! Did you
sunnygirl in nd
I'm debating about buying the grill pan and press. Right now I do all of my chicken in the DCB. What do you serve with it?

I'm borrowing the tools from my Director to use at my show next weekend. Right now I also use the DCB, or the 10" Executive Skillet (love that I don't have to add oil or water, just season and put on the lid!). Of course, I'll have to practice with it at home, too! ;-)

I am doing chicken your way within a show that I call the Taste of Pampered Chef (learned at a conference) I make pull apart biscuits in my small skillet in the oven, put the chicken in the grill pan, and then mix some sauces up with some cream cheese to taste with crackers or pretzels. For dessert I make the devil's food cake in the DCB in the microwave and we cut some bananas up and try the new dessert sauces. I can get all this done within an hour and my shows have been a great success because everyone wants to come and try the sauces and spices that they have only ever seen in the catalog. I have a show Saturday that was rescheduled due to only one person being able to come (she also changed the theme) and she is expecting 15 people now with the Taste of Pampered Chef theme :)

pampchefsarah said:
I'm borrowing the tools from my Director to use at my show next weekend. Right now I also use the DCB, or the 10" Executive Skillet (love that I don't have to add oil or water, just season and put on the lid!). Of course, I'll have to practice with it at home, too! ;-)

Hola Sarah!

Could you walk me through this? How long in the skillet and do you flip, etc?

This sounds interesting. Please tell us more.

I have been doing Chicken Your Way at my house for a good 3 years. Never thought of doing it at a show until now. I LOVE the grill pan and press. I use it for chicken, pork chops, hamburgers, salmon...you name it.

For my show this week I did the chicken in the grill pan with 2 different rubs..I cooked it before the show and wrapped it up and took in in the pan. At the show I talked about the rubs, grill pan, then cut it up on the new cutting board. Everyone loved them. I plan to do this at my shows for a little while with some of the sauces and dipping seasonings. It was easy and fun.

hcjeep said:
I am doing chicken your way within a show that I call the Taste of Pampered Chef (learned at a conference) I make pull apart biscuits in my small skillet in the oven, put the chicken in the grill pan, and then mix some sauces up with some cream cheese to taste with crackers or pretzels. For dessert I make the devil's food cake in the DCB in the microwave and we cut some bananas up and try the new dessert sauces. I can get all this done within an hour and my shows have been a great success because everyone wants to come and try the sauces and spices that they have only ever seen in the catalog. I have a show Saturday that was rescheduled due to only one person being able to come (she also changed the theme) and she is expecting 15 people now with the Taste of Pampered Chef theme :)

The Taste of Pampered Chef! I LOVE THIS!:love::love::love:

vgibsonrn said:
For my show this week I did the chicken in the grill pan with 2 different rubs..I cooked it before the show and wrapped it up and took in in the pan. At the show I talked about the rubs, grill pan, then cut it up on the new cutting board. Everyone loved them. I plan to do this at my shows for a little while with some of the sauces and dipping seasonings. It was easy and fun.

I like "easy"! Did you sell any pans or mostly spices?

Most of the people at my show all know about PC and have lots of our stuff. I did sell a grill press to go with an already owned grill pan. I sold some of every thing I showcased, like the seasoning's, sauces and the new cutting mat's..I liked this show and will improve on it as I go along.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Hola Sarah!

Could you walk me through this? How long in the skillet and do you flip, etc?

Laurie, cooking chicken in the skillet is so simple. I have the Executive Cookware, so I don't know how it would differ in the SS. Also, I use boneless breasts (because I'm usually chopping the meat and adding it to a recipe), but you can do the same with bone-in.

First I place the breasts in the skillet and season them with the appropriate rub, then brown on medium high heat for a couple of minutes on both sides (I don't actually time it, but I'd say 3 minutes per side is probably long enough). Then, I cover and let cook for about 10 minutes. No need to flip once it's covered. When your browning you might think the pan seems too dry, but after you place the lid on, you'll realize how tightly it seals, because there is suddenly a lot of moisture in there!! The meat comes out juicy and delicious, and perfectly cooked. Plus, since your hands are free you can prep or cook other ingredients. If you don't need the cooked chicken immediately, just take it off the heat and leave it covered.

Also, I cut up the chicken right there in the skillet, using the Salad Chopper. I just turn the tool so the side with the plastic 'shield' faces down which means there's no danger of scratching the pan. My only wish is that the Salad Chopper cleaned up easier, but if you wash it right away food usually doesn't stay stuck in the crevices (though, the bottle of toothpicks is stored handily near the sink!).

RossDeb2 said:
This sounds interesting. Please tell us more.

I am sorry have not been on in awhile. I have another show tonight with the Taste the Pampered Chef. It has been a big hit and everyone loves it. I have been selling all different items at my shows but it has really boosted my sales in spices and sauces. I am going to add one more recipe to my show tonight to showcase the ultimate mandoline and a few more products like the large bar pan. I am making homemade potato chips and sprinkling BBQ rub on them. I know some might say I do way to many recipes at my shows but the more small recipes I do the more items I show and it seems the more I sell because everyone loves the food. I wanted to give everyone some specifics on the recipes hope you can use some of them or all.

Chicken your way
All I do is put a little oil on the chicken sprinkle two different rubs on two different pieces put it in the grill pan, put the grill press on top and cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 minutes and it is done.

Pull apart Biscuits
Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees
Put 2 small pieces of butter in the bottom of my 8 in executive skillet
Sprinkle Garlic Parmasan dipping oil on the bottom of the pan
Take package of cheap biscuits and cut in quarters.
Place biscuits onto of the dipping oil and butter.
Place in oven for 15 minutes
Pull out and dump on a plate and you see all the seasoning and they taste so good.

I will post later about the french fries as I am still perfecting them and I think the other stuff in my post is pretty self explanatory for recipes. I hope this helps someone as it has really boosted my bookings and will hopefully boost my return customers as they need rubs and sauces.

LOL....I had to laugh when I read your title. My first thought was "I've been doing chicken MY way forever...since I'm the one who cooks it, it's MY way or the highway! ;) "Seriously- I've only "practiced" the Chicken Your Way concept once so far. I think it works great, and could be a big plus.

As soon as Chicken your way came out I borrowed a pan and fell in love I use it almost daily :) I did my first CYW show tonight and it seemed as if everything that could go wrong did...I thought I had preheated my pan but the knob wasnt turned correctly, alot of people got sick, the potatos for the mashed potato side didnt cook well (even though I tried the recipe this morning and it was great) and my chicken breasts were way to big and took longer to cook then normal. Despite all my set backs I sold alo of rubs and seasonings, I sold alot of micro-cookers, and Had several intrested in the pan for future refrence and I think they may host for it. Needless to say I think it sells its self and is well worth trying.

pamperedchef88 said:
As soon as Chicken your way came out I borrowed a pan and fell in love I use it almost daily :) I did my first CYW show tonight and it seemed as if everything that could go wrong did...I thought I had preheated my pan but the knob wasn't turned correctly, a lot of people got sick, the potatoes for the mashed potato side didn't cook well (even though I tried the recipe this morning and it was great) and my chicken breasts were way to big and took longer to cook then normal. Despite all my set backs I sold a lot of rubs and seasonings, I sold a lot of micro-cookers, and Had several interested in the pan for future reference and I think they may host for it. Needless to say I think it sells its self and is well worth trying.
lol, omg this really shows how great PC is. All those bad experience in one show and it was still a great show! Hooray for you, after all that you deserved the great results you got!

pkd09 said:
I have been doing Chicken Your Way at my house for a good 3 years. Never thought of doing it at a show until now. I LOVE the grill pan and press. I use it for chicken, pork chops, hamburgers, salmon...you name it.

This made me laugh! I've been doing Chicken My Way for a long time - with just one seasoning.

Did my first PC party last night using the 3 different seasonings. All the chicken wouldn't fit in the grill pan at once, so while I was slicing the first batch, I burnt the jamaican jerk one...told everyone it was blackened chicken, which it was! It still tasted OK!

Oddly enough, the meat tenderizer and chef's tongs were what I sold the most. I think the meat tenderizer sold because I passed it around before I flattened the chicken. Until you hold it, you can't tell how nice it is. Sold some spices, too. The host wants to get the 1/2 price special of the spice turnabout filled with all the spices.

It was hands down, the easiest and quickest show I've ever done. I pulled up to her place at 6:45, started the demo at 7:15, entered everyone's orders into P3, and was out of there a little before 9pm.

Related to How Many of You Are Making Chicken Your Way?

1. How much chicken do I need per person?

The general rule is to plan for about 1/2 pound of boneless chicken per person or 3/4 pound of bone-in chicken per person. However, this can vary depending on the appetites of your guests and if you are serving other main dishes.

2. How long should I cook chicken in the oven?

The cooking time for chicken will vary depending on the cut and size of the chicken. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F. As a general guideline, boneless chicken breasts take about 20-25 minutes, while bone-in chicken takes about 45-50 minutes.

3. Can I marinate the chicken before cooking?

Yes, marinating chicken can add flavor and tenderize the meat. Just be sure to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours. Discard any leftover marinade to avoid cross-contamination.

4. Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?

It is not recommended to use frozen chicken for this recipe, as it can lead to uneven cooking and potential food safety concerns. It is best to thaw chicken in the refrigerator before cooking.

5. How can I tell if the chicken is cooked through?

The most reliable way to tell if chicken is cooked through is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165°F. Another way to check is by cutting into the thickest part of the chicken and ensuring there is no pink or raw meat left.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bcowdin
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dme.grant
  • Roadtripray