• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Between Follow up Calls?

In summary, the mom at school says she wants to book a party with the person who is giving the party. The person says they'll get back to her about a date, but never does. The person tries to schedule the party for October, but the mom never responds. The person tries to schedule it for November, but the mom doesn't respond to that either. Finally, the person tries to schedule it for December, but the mom doesn't respond to that either. The person tries to schedule it for another day, but the mom doesn't respond to that either. The person tries to schedule it for a different day, but the mom still doesn't respond. The person tries to schedule it for a different day, but the
KaiKendall
Gold Member
So, I have a million "maybe"s as far as bookings go, but it's always "next month" or, let me check with my friends. I usually try to overcome objections, by saying "what is making you wait" or the "if you pick a date you are comfortable with, your friends will support you," or one of those types of things. They ARE geniunely interested, but dont want to commit. So, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but how long between calls to follow up?

Example: There is a mom at school, and she said "Hey, can I book a party with you?" (SHE ASKED ME! woo hoo!). I said, "of course! when were you thinking about?" She says something to the effect of, "I'd like to look through the catalog and ask my neighbors when is good for us," and I said, fine, no problem! I called about 4 days later, and she said they were still perusing the catalog, and asked what the specials were. I got her email, emailed her the specials, and added a note about booking a party for October (I'm due to give birth in Nov, I want to book up my Oct!). She never responded, but I don't want to overkill and call again, I know she's interested and she can contact me when she's ready, but... that was about 2 weeks ago though, and I want to get a date if she does want an Oct show...

How long from between calls do you give when someone says "let me think about it,"?? or "I'll get back to you"??

When people ask me to give them time to ask people and then get back to me on a date I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS tell them, "Let's pencil in it on my calendar and then if you have to change the date, we can. This way if someone else wants to book a show you have first dibs on that date but we can always change it if that date ends up not working out for you." Most of the time- if someone gives you a date- they end up sticking with the date.

Usually I'll call back with 24-48 hours of them saying maybe, or I'll think about it. If they aren't ready then (I'll try to entice them with the host specials if they say maybe)... and if they still won't give me a date after I give them the current host special that I know then I will contact them once the newest host special is announced (so I will be making some phone calls on Friday to get some December bookings).

I'm similar to Jess. You want to call within a couple of days. In this case, I'd call again and let them know that you want to schedule your October and wanted to give her your available dates before they filled. Let her know that you'll be reducing your show schedule in November because of the baby.

Also, when she mentions they're looking at the catalog....say something along the lines...wait til you see the tools at your show in action. What if we pick a day that is good for one or two of your friends? Those who can't come can still order.

1. How long should I wait before making a follow-up call after a party?

It is recommended to wait about 2-3 days before making a follow-up call after a party. This gives your guests enough time to receive their orders and try out their new products.

2. How often should I follow up with a potential customer before they make a purchase?

The timing of follow-up calls can vary, but it is generally recommended to make the first follow-up call within a week of the initial contact. After that, you can follow up every 1-2 weeks until the customer makes a purchase.

3. Is it okay to leave a voicemail when following up with a customer?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to leave a voicemail when following up with a customer. However, make sure to also follow up with an email or text message as some people prefer those forms of communication.

4. When is the best time of day to make follow-up calls?

The best time of day to make follow-up calls is usually in the late morning or early afternoon. This is when most people are available and not busy with work or other activities.

5. How many follow-up calls should I make before giving up on a potential customer?

There is no set number of follow-up calls before giving up on a potential customer. It is important to gauge their interest and responsiveness during each call. If they seem uninterested or unresponsive after several attempts, it may be best to move on to other potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • ChefBeckyD