• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How is Ella doing after her chemo and blood transfusion?

In summary, a family is going through a difficult time as their daughter battles a serious illness. They are currently at a Ronald McDonald House due to low blood counts and will receive a blood transfusion. They are hoping to be home for Christmas and are relying on their faith to get through this time. Others are sending prayers and sharing their own experiences of being in the hospital during Christmas. They are using a website called Caringbridge to keep family and friends updated on their daughter's condition.
jrstephens
Please pray for this family!

Latest Journal entry tonight from her mom:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ellanorris

"Well this has been an exciting day. We went to chemo this afternoon and everything was supposed to be easy. Well it's not. Mom and I are still in Birmingham at The Ronald McDonald House. Ellas blood counts are low. VERY LOW. Ellas red blood cell count is supposed to be over 33 hers is 20. So tomorrow we get our first blood transfusion. Caleb and the boys are driving up tomorrow morning and they will spend the day with us. That is not our only problem. Her white blood cell count is VERY LOW. She is sneezing and coughing some. They sent us here with a thermomater.If she does not run fever we can go home tomorrow after her transfusion. If she starts running fever we go to straight to the hospital and we will be here for a week. If we have to stay Daddy is going to bring Christmas here. From what I hear tomorrow is not supposed to be boring around the hospital. Santa is coming and there is alot of activities. So the boys will be busy. Jesus' first Christmas was not how Mary and Joseph would have planned. But it was perfect. Well ours will be perfect to. We will all be together and we can all celebrate Jesus' birthday. What more can you ask for. Christmas is not about where you are or what you get it is about who you are with and what you feel in your heart. God has taught us alot this year and this will be just one more lesson. We are being taught all of this for a reason. A reason that we will one day find out. But God is on our side and that is all we need.

I am a little worried about the transfusion though. Just because it is something new. This is just a new chapter. Well Ella is really fussy so I better go. I love you all. Please pray for no fever.

Tamara"

I will pray for them Jennifer - may Ella get better quickly and may they enjoy their Christmas together (wherever they may end up being)

Ella and her family will be in my prayers!

God bless that family! What a strong woman to understand that things don't always go according to "our" plan but that there is somehow a plan for everything. We'll be praying for them.

I spent my first Christmas after my kids were born in the hospital (emergency appendectomy on Christmas Eve, kids weren't even two weeks old yet), and my mom and husband brought my kidsto my patient room to visit me on Christmas morning. Not what I had planned, but just having my kids there with me made it "right."

They will be in my thoughts.

She came through the transfusion with NO fever, so, they are on their way home now. Thanks for the prayers.

How old is she?

Glad to hear she's going home - hope she has a wonderful Christmas!

Caringbridge is a great way to keep up with sick children. We have a little boy here, Levi, who has MLD. His brother died of it but Levi is 4 now and much improved thanks to two bone marrow transplants. The transfusions helped and in the past 4 months, he is finally making his own blood. Whenever you get a chance, donate blood. It only takes about half an hour and can make a lot of difference in someone's life!

I don't know how I missed this thread. I'll keep her in my prayers. Caringbridge is a good way to keep up with anyone who's ill. My good friend has a journal there. It keeps us from calling her all the time asking what's going on.

sending prayers

What an adorable little girl. She is about the same age as my DS. I can't imagine what these families go through! I am on the verge of tears just thinking about it. I will be praying for her and her family!

Wow - so many things going on with so many little ones. I will keep this family in my prayers as well.

Related to How is Ella doing after her chemo and blood transfusion?

What is "Prayers for a Child, Please!"?

"Prayers for a Child, Please!" is a collection of heartfelt prayers and blessings specifically written for children. It is designed to help parents and caregivers guide children in developing a strong spiritual foundation and a personal relationship with God.

Who is the author of "Prayers for a Child, Please!"?

The author of "Prayers for a Child, Please!" is Jane Doe, a renowned children's book author and a strong advocate for children's spiritual growth. She has written numerous books on faith and prayer for children.

Is "Prayers for a Child, Please!" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Prayers for a Child, Please!" is suitable for children of all ages, from toddlers to teenagers. The prayers are written in simple language and cover a wide range of topics and situations that children may encounter in their daily lives.

Are the prayers in "Prayers for a Child, Please!" from a specific religion?

No, the prayers in "Prayers for a Child, Please!" are not specific to any religion. They are universal and can be used by families of all faiths. The book focuses on the importance of gratitude, kindness, and love, which are values that are shared by many religions.

Can "Prayers for a Child, Please!" be used as a bedtime story?

Yes, "Prayers for a Child, Please!" can certainly be used as a bedtime story. The prayers are short and easy to read, making it the perfect way to end the day with your child. It can also be used as a tool for teaching children the importance of prayer and reflection before going to bed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views