• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Warm up Your Cold Market?

In summary, Julie is an expert summarizer of content. She talks to strangers in order to build her customer base and she recommends practicing your 15 second and 60 second commercials.
PCx2startermom
If you don't know what cold market is don't worry for a long time I didn't even know. What cold marketing is is talking to people you don't know.

I would like to know how people deal with their cold market potential customers. As right now cold marketing is my only option. Everyone on my list has either said no or call me later. Each time I call 'em they say call me later.

I'm new here but I have 30 years experience with owning my own tailoring business so I will share some of what I've learned from that.

1. You must be your own best word-of-mouth advertiser.

Talk about what you do. Make it part of a conversation with someone... "what do you do?"... and then hopefully they will tell you and ask you OR if you are bolder, say "Hi, I'm Susie and I ......, what do you do?" If I see someone in line at the post office for instance who's in a very sharp looking outfit I tell them "I just love your outfit/suit/dress" (people love compliments) and then I ask them "do you have a personal tailor?" Then I tell them I am a tailor and I would love to have them for a customer and give them my card. And if I'm lucky, one or more other people hear this conversation and I leave the post office not only mailing a letter but have handed out 3 business cards. Practice your own 15 second commercial and use it!

When someone picks up their garments I always thank them and give them a couple cards and say "I'm still growing my business, so if you know anyone who needs any tailoring done, please give them my card". Don't be afraid to ask for business or help promoting your business.

2. Do what you say you are going to do.

When I was young and immature and when I was ultra busy and flying by the seat of my pants when I was trying to work a job, raise a family, and sew for people, sometimes, not to be intentionally inconvenient or anything like that, I would not turn stuff around as fast as I said or call back when I should. I was chasing my tail a lot at various points in time. But once I slowed down and got organized and started sticking with a schedule, calling back ASAP etc.... my business grew many times over. I did the best work around, but sometimes I was not convenient. So my business practices didn't line up with the quality of my work. I was always friendly and respectful of their garments but I came off flighty - I know I did and I'm just being honest with you. So I can't stress this enough -- do what you say you are going to do and that will go miles and miles in giving people the inclination to promote you via word of mouth.

OK, that's enough for now - sorry to go on so long. I hope this helps.

Julie
In the process of becoming a PC consultant in central Illinois.

I make sure I'm a walking billboard. I strike up conversations with strangers. Work on your 30-second and 60-second commercials. It can take a while to build your customer base, but even then talking with strangers is a great way to expand your business.

I really stink at commercials. Mainly because I hate them. When I start sounding like a telemarketer or something like that I kick myself cause I know I hate and can't see how others like it.

For me, its like if I went to a great reastaurant, I would tell my friends about it.

It helps to have the logo. One thing I do is wait in line in the store with a catalog. It almost always strike up a coversation. I might not always date a show, but I usually get new customer lead. I once dated a show coming back on the Cape May (NJ) Ferry!

That's good to hear. What's your slogan or mini commercial?

When people ask me what do I do I answer...
1) I teach busy people how to have real food on the table in 30 minutes or less and we can do it on a budget too!
or
2) I solve mealtime dilemmas...

I like that.

Never say " I'm a Pampered Chef Consultant"!!!!

etteluap70PC said:

Haha - that's funny!

But yes - you don't want to ever sound phoney or pushy. The more
natural and conversational, the better. That's why I suggest practicing
it and keeping it to 15 seconds. That's what? 2-3 sentences tops. THEN
if they respond and show interest you can give more information.

Ah okay. Could you give me examples of what to say?Also I hear a lot people picking up Real Estate Catalogs and call the people in 'em. How would you do that? I'm scared to do this but willing to do it.

Last edited:
etteluap70PC said:

Actually, I was talking with my director last night, and she said that they were taught at Director Express to say "I'm with the Pampered Chef", then go into your 30sec commercial. My problem is the 30 sec commercial part.

Kirsta I'm with you on the commercial.

PCx2startermom said:
Ah okay. Could you give me examples of what to say?

Also I hear a lot people picking up Real Estate Catalogs and call the people in 'em. How would you do that? I'm scared to do this but willing to do it.

"I'm with The Pampered Chef, and I teach people how to make delicious, affordable, and family friendly meals in less than 30 minutes!"

I usually start something funny like, I just taught someone how to put dinner on the table in 20 minutes with out turning on the oven. then put hot cake with frosting on the table when you are done eating dinner. I have people asking me how I do that then, I explain about hosting a party or I could send them the recipe and they can buy the items to do it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I try to always have a recipe card to give out with my contact information on it.

Krista Burson said:
Actually, I was talking with my director last night, and she said that they were taught at Director Express to say "I'm with the Pampered Chef", then go into your 30sec commercial. My problem is the 30 sec commercial part.

Yes that is different. " I'm a Pampered Chef Consultant" Does not lead anywhere. It is a statement that probably will not garner any questions. You want to start a conversation, and intrigue people.

So after you don't say that you are a PC consultant but instead say about teaching to make budget meals in 30 minutes, what do you say when they ask "ANd what job is that" or "What company" or something along those lines... You'll have to say you are a PC consultant after all, don't you?

I would think so.

well yes... you just do not want that to be the first thing you say...

EX: standing around in a group at a party or something...
gal1: Do you work outside the home?
Me: Yes I do, I teach busy people how to have real food on the table in 30 minutes or less.
gal1: that sounds neat how do you do that?
Me: I am an independent rep with a wonderful company called TPC, have you heard about it?
gal1: yeah I think so, do they do in home parties?
Me: yes that is one facet of my business. I find it very rewarding to go into peoples homes to teach them quick cooking tips to make mealtime painless. They even get to try our cooking tools in person. Best part is the people who invite me into their homes earn free products.

or something along these lines... my brain juices are not flowing today. You really need to rehearse scenarios

etteluap70PC said:
well yes... you just do not want that to be the first thing you say...

EX: standing around in a group at a party or something...
gal1: Do you work outside the home?
Me: Yes I do, I teach busy people how to have real food on the table in 30 minutes or less.
gal1: that sounds neat how do you do that?
Me: I am an independent rep with a wonderful company called TPC, have you heard about it?
gal1: yeah I think so, do they do in home parties?
Me: yes that is one facet of my business. I find it very rewarding to go into peoples homes to teach them quick cooking tips to make mealtime painless. They even get to try our cooking tools in person. Best part is the people who invite me into their homes earn free products.

or something along these lines... my brain juices are not flowing today. You really need to rehearse scenarios

I LOVE THIS! I never really thought much about the whole "I'm a Pampered Chef Consultant" or "I sell Pampered Chef." It does sound really lame now that I think about it. Or when someone sees your bag/logowear they ask "Do you sell Pampered Chef?". I usually say "yes", but never know quite what to say after that. I love your words Paulette! Obviously, they are now MINE! ;)

Thanks for starting this fabulous thread... I'm completely guilty of the "I'm a PC Consultant" line... dead silence often. Thanks for the words and tips!! I'm definitely going to use this next time the question comes up!

Wonderful! Glad to have been of assistance. Yes the goal is to give a response that does not end in "oh... of OK" You want to create interest! Belinda Elsworth has an awesome segment in her training on this! Also research Networking tips... Lots of great info to be found!

I have an idea how bout this be a reference/idea thread for introducing PC to other people?
What I'm thinking is that people post different scenarios and how they would introduce their business. Even ones that have I'm a PCC or something like that. For I will admit I do that WAY to often.Curious how would you deal with someone walking up to you and saying "Do you sell PC?"I think I know what I would do.
Scenario - Local grocery store check out line. You're the second person in line.
PBU(person behind you): Do you sell Pampered Chef?
Me: Yes, are you interested in this month's special, hosting a show or something else?

Related to How Do You Warm up Your Cold Market?

1. How do I find new customers in my cold market?

There are a few different ways to find new customers in your cold market. One effective method is to attend local events and set up a booth to showcase our products. You can also reach out to friends and family and ask for referrals to people they know who might be interested in our products. Another option is to utilize social media and join local community groups to promote our products to a wider audience.

2. How do I approach someone in my cold market about Pampered Chef?

The best way to approach someone in your cold market about Pampered Chef is to start by building a relationship with them. This can be through casual conversation or finding common interests. Once you have established a connection, you can mention Pampered Chef and offer to share more information or a sample of our products. Always be respectful and avoid being pushy, as this can turn people off.

3. How can I overcome objections from potential customers in my cold market?

Objections are common when approaching potential customers in your cold market. The key is to listen to their concerns and address them in a positive and understanding manner. Show them how our products can solve their problems or make their lives easier. You can also offer a satisfaction guarantee to ease any hesitations they may have.

4. How do I follow up with potential customers in my cold market?

Following up with potential customers in your cold market is crucial in converting them into actual customers. Send a personalized email or message thanking them for their time and offering any additional information or assistance. You can also add them to your email list or social media pages to keep them updated on new products and promotions.

5. What are some effective ways to warm up a cold market?

There are various ways to warm up a cold market and generate interest in our products. One effective method is to host a Pampered Chef party or cooking demonstration for friends, family, and acquaintances. You can also offer a special discount or promotion for first-time customers in your cold market. Utilizing social media and word of mouth can also help to warm up your cold market and reach a wider audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andi330
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lani
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • smallfarmmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies