• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Catalog Mailing: Tips and Tricks from Nicole

In summary, the new catalogs are heavier and require a large envelope. You can access media mail if you are mailing non-advertising printed materials. However, media mail is not guaranteed delivery and can take a couple of weeks for items to reach their destinations.
niktim3
Hi!! With the new catalogs in our possession, how do you mail yours?
Can we use media mail?
I usually weight mine, etc. Costing roughly 1.27, per envelope with catalog.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Nicole

The current catalogs are 1.51 each in an envelope. With the new postage rates (affective this May), large envelopes start at $1.00. And unless you can fold a catalog in half, they require a large envelope.

I mailed my mini ones with just one stamp and I was told by several people they showed up destroyed and barely in tact. Love the post office ARGH...... So glad I wasted my catalogs and stamps. Next time I will be putting them in an envelope.

Thanks!!
Can we access media mail?
Nicole

Media Mail is for non-advertising printed materials, so it's not supposed to be used for catalogs.
From the postal guidelines:
Media Mail® service is a cost efficient way to mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Media Mail can not contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books. The maximum weight for Media Mail is 70 lbs.

We can, however send via Bound Printed Matter, if there are NO loose sheets in the envelope:
Bound Printed Matter service is a cost efficient way to mail permanently-bound sheets of advertising, promotional, directory or editorial material such as catalogs and phonebooks.
  • Can weigh up to 15 pounds.
  • Sheets must be permanently-bound by secure fastenings such as staples, spiral binding, glue or stitching.
  • At least 90% of the sheets must be imprinted by any process other than handwriting or typewriting.
  • Rates are based on weight, distance, and shape.
However, BPM is not a guaranteed delivery class. It is space-available. So it could take a couple of weeks for items to reach their destinations.

Ahh..... Now I see what the difference is!!
Guess I will stick with the old stand by of using the envelopes!!
THanks again!
NIcole

merego said:
I mailed my mini ones with just one stamp and I was told by several people they showed up destroyed and barely in tact. Love the post office ARGH...... So glad I wasted my catalogs and stamps. Next time I will be putting them in an envelope.

Oh man!!! I was just about to get the stamps to mail these out. I guess I am going to get some envelopes too!!! Thanks for letting us know!!

pampered.chris said:
Oh man!!! I was just about to get the stamps to mail these out. I guess I am going to get some envelopes too!!! Thanks for letting us know!!

I was so mad, what a waste!! One lady called and asked me for another one because hers was so torn up. My luck has been crappy lately so hopefully it wont happen to anyone else.

I generally don't mail out a whole lot of catalogs. The entire product line is accessible online via my PWS. If anything, I mail minis.

I use the envelopes from clearbags they have them in sizes for the minis and full size I love them

I usually send out the minis with the sides taped (a little goes a long way). I haven't had any issues. Sorry you have. :-(

1. How do I package my Pampered Chef products for mailing?

It is important to package your Pampered Chef products securely to ensure they arrive to your customers in good condition. We recommend using bubble wrap, packing peanuts, or crumpled newspaper to protect the products during shipping.

2. What is the best way to label my Pampered Chef packages?

We recommend labeling your packages with the recipient's address clearly written or printed in large, legible font. You can also include a return address in case the package needs to be returned to you.

3. Can I use my own packaging materials to ship Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can use your own packaging materials to ship Pampered Chef products. However, we recommend using sturdy boxes or padded envelopes to ensure the products are protected during shipping.

4. How do I calculate shipping costs for my Pampered Chef packages?

You can calculate shipping costs by using the weight and dimensions of your packaged Pampered Chef products, as well as the destination zip code, on a shipping calculator such as USPS or UPS.

5. Can I track my Pampered Chef packages once they have been shipped?

Yes, you can track your Pampered Chef packages by using the tracking number provided by the shipping carrier. This can usually be done through their website or by contacting their customer service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcgogetter
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • susanr613
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChiefWorden
  • chefpelkey